New George Floyd Bodycam Footage Changes Narrative Completely (Read 5983 times)

macsak

New George Floyd Bodycam Footage Changes Narrative Completely
« on: November 15, 2023, 02:49:21 PM »

eyeeatingfish

Re: New George Floyd Bodycam Footage Changes Narrative Completely
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2023, 09:37:09 PM »
It says new footage but I recall seeing this footage before.

Can you imagine the riots if his conviction is overturned?

I don't think Chauvin should walk free as he clearly committed a civil rights violation but I am not convinced he committed murder.

changemyoil66

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2023, 08:31:48 AM »
It says new footage but I recall seeing this footage before.

Can you imagine the riots if his conviction is overturned?

I don't think Chauvin should walk free as he clearly committed a civil rights violation but I am not convinced he committed murder.

I think the other cops should be free and never charged.  As they were doing crowd control due to an angry crowd, they couldn't focus on what Chauvin was doing.

For Chauvin, anytime someone is cuffed, they are now in custody and control of the officer.  So that officer is responsible for anything that happens to them. Even if they slip on a banana peel and hit thier head on the ground.  But since Floyd didn't die from something like this, maybe just a slap on the wrist for Chauvin.  But again, add in he had to also focus on the angry crowd. So they are just as responsible for Floyds death if you want to look at it that way because they were distracting the officers.

Every cop in that department should have striked because this is setting an example of hanging them out to dry due to politics.  But they're too endoctrined to do so as their union didn't allow this.  Cops need to learn to stand up for their own in situations like this.

zippz

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2023, 10:41:53 AM »
The cops are innocent and whomever convicted them should be penalized.  I thought there'd be no way Chauvin, much less the other cops, would be convicted.

Floyd died of an overdose and the cop did the right thing by putting him in a recovery position.  His knee wasnt pressing down on Floyd's neck.
Join the Hawaii Firearms Coalition at www.hifico.org.  Hawaii's new non-profit gun rights organization focused on lobbying and grassroots activism.

Hawaii Shooting Calendar - https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=practicalmarksman.com_btllod1boifgpp8dcjnbnruhso%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Pacific/Honolulu

QUIETShooter

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2023, 10:59:38 AM »
That old hag Pelosi knelt down for what....8 minutes(?) in tribute to Floyd.

Had to be helped up after.  They should have left her down there.
Sometimes you gotta know when to save your bullets.

eyeeatingfish

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2023, 03:19:24 PM »
I think the other cops should be free and never charged.  As they were doing crowd control due to an angry crowd, they couldn't focus on what Chauvin was doing.

For Chauvin, anytime someone is cuffed, they are now in custody and control of the officer.  So that officer is responsible for anything that happens to them. Even if they slip on a banana peel and hit thier head on the ground.  But since Floyd didn't die from something like this, maybe just a slap on the wrist for Chauvin.  But again, add in he had to also focus on the angry crowd. So they are just as responsible for Floyds death if you want to look at it that way because they were distracting the officers.

Every cop in that department should have striked because this is setting an example of hanging them out to dry due to politics.  But they're too endoctrined to do so as their union didn't allow this.  Cops need to learn to stand up for their own in situations like this.

I somewhat agree with you there but I would have to review the specifics of what each officer did as some had more culpability than others. The officer holding the feet for example asked if Floyd was still breathing and he couldn't really see for himself given the angle. He relied on what Officer Chauvin told him. He is the one guy I could see actually being given his job back.

The officer controlling the crowd, the asian one was definitely distracted by the crowd yelling at him but they were yelling for him to check on Floyd. I think he should have caught on and checked on Floyd. I don't think that warrants a serious criminal charge, maybe a low level civil rights violation. Either way I would say his failure means he should not be an officer again. The other guy I cannot recall enough of what he did to offer comment there.

If Floyd were in a cell and the officer found him unconscious, the officer would be required to check on him and render aid. If the officer just called for a paramedic and waited for the 10-15 minutes for the ambulance to arrive they would certainly be guilty of a civil rights violation, even if the person's medical condition was at no fault of the officers. The yelling crowd complicates things a bit but Chauvin still had a duty to care for Floyd. The other problem for Chauvin is the decision to put Floyd on the ground and hold him like that which is hard to fully justify that level of force in that situation. I don't think it is what killed him but it may have contributed to his death.

A strike by the other officers? I have mixed feelings on that. If they truly think it was a miscarriage of justice then I am tempted to support such a strike but I also wonder whether the outcome would really help. Would it really be seen as standing up for justice or would it be seen as dirty cops sticking together? Plus some might have thought Chauvin should be charged with a crime, just not murder so do you strike based on that nuance? Tough calls.

eyeeatingfish

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2023, 03:21:38 PM »
The cops are innocent and whomever convicted them should be penalized.  I thought there'd be no way Chauvin, much less the other cops, would be convicted.

Floyd died of an overdose and the cop did the right thing by putting him in a recovery position.  His knee wasnt pressing down on Floyd's neck.

The recovery position is on someone's side, not on their stomach. Chauvin may not have caused the injuries that lead to Floyd's death but he failed to render aid to someone in his care like he should have.

zippz

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2023, 03:34:21 PM »
The recovery position is on someone's side, not on their stomach. Chauvin may not have caused the injuries that lead to Floyd's death but he failed to render aid to someone in his care like he should have.

It's been a while and I thought he was on his side.  It is harder to breathe lying on the stomach especially with weight on him, which may have been a factor.

Should've been fired and maybe justified some minor charges, but most of the fault was on Floyd.
Join the Hawaii Firearms Coalition at www.hifico.org.  Hawaii's new non-profit gun rights organization focused on lobbying and grassroots activism.

Hawaii Shooting Calendar - https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=practicalmarksman.com_btllod1boifgpp8dcjnbnruhso%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Pacific/Honolulu

changemyoil66

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2023, 04:03:27 PM »
. Would it really be seen as standing up for justice or would it be seen as dirty cops sticking together? Plus some might have thought Chauvin should be charged with a crime, just not murder so do you strike based on that nuance? Tough calls.

The people who think its dirty cops sticking together also think BLM is great, Floyd is a hero and deserved his golden casket, Al Sharp is a great guy, etc...

Interesting you think that a crowd yelling aggressively should be obeyed.  While this was happening, Floyd was able to speak and wasn't unconscious. So where's the greater threat, a hostile crowd or an officer who has a suspect handcuffed on his stomach?  The Asian guy did his job as crowd control and got screwed.  So did everyone else.

WHat a strike would show is that the cops won't be made a political example of then and for all future incidents.  But they didn't do anything, so I hope this happens again to them.

eyeeatingfish

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2023, 06:09:29 PM »
It's been a while and I thought he was on his side.  It is harder to breathe lying on the stomach especially with weight on him, which may have been a factor.

Should've been fired and maybe justified some minor charges, but most of the fault was on Floyd.

He may have been on his side at some point but it was primarily on his stomach. Since he was handcuffed behind, there were other control methods they could have used which would have resulted in less restriction on his breathing.

I agree most the fault was on Floyd.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2023, 06:33:48 PM by eyeeatingfish »

eyeeatingfish

« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2023, 06:28:56 PM »
The people who think its dirty cops sticking together also think BLM is great, Floyd is a hero and deserved his golden casket, Al Sharp is a great guy, etc...

Not really. There is some overlap of course but it would be a false equivalence to thing they are the same. People on this forum think all the time cops are sticking together to take away their gun rights, are there a bunch of BLM supporters here?

Interesting you think that a crowd yelling aggressively should be obeyed.  While this was happening, Floyd was able to speak and wasn't unconscious. So where's the greater threat, a hostile crowd or an officer who has a suspect handcuffed on his stomach?  The Asian guy did his job as crowd control and got screwed.  So did everyone else.

WHat a strike would show is that the cops won't be made a political example of then and for all future incidents.  But they didn't do anything, so I hope this happens again to them.

I didn't say anything about the crowd being obeyed. The cop should have heard what the crowd was saying, he should have keyed into the fact that something was wrong. The crowd wasn't yelling threats at the cops, they were yelling that Floyd couldn't breathe. They were pointing that out after Floyd had gone still and wasn't talking anymore too. The crowd was in an excited state but they were not hostile. One lady identified herself as a nurse in and tried to point out that Floyd was suffering a medical emergency. He failed at his job, cops can't simply get overwhelmed by people yelling that they lose their ability to recognize important things. If a cop shows up to a mass shooting loads of people are yelling, he can't respond by simply telling people to stand back when they are trying to tell him there is a shooting going on. It would have been nice if the crowd were calm and quiet but that is not how dynamic situations work usually.

I am not confident that most people would see the cops striking in the same manner you would. What kind of message do you think that would send? If striking could have gotten some or all of the charges dropped, what if the officers did so to protect an officer who did do something wrong?

changemyoil66

« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2023, 06:59:38 PM »

Not really. There is some overlap of course but it would be a false equivalence to thing they are the same. People on this forum think all the time cops are sticking together to take away their gun rights, are there a bunch of BLM supporters here?

We are talking about a strike due to chauvin, et al being charged the way they were. Not about othet situations.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

changemyoil66

« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2023, 07:08:33 PM »

I didn't say anything about the crowd being obeyed. The cop should have heard what the crowd was saying, he should have keyed into the fact that something was wrong. The crowd wasn't yelling threats at the cops, they were yelling that Floyd couldn't breathe. They were pointing that out after Floyd had gone still and wasn't talking anymore too. The crowd was in an excited state but they were not hostile. One lady identified herself as a nurse in and tried to point out that Floyd was suffering a medical emergency. He failed at his job, cops can't simply get overwhelmed by people yelling that they lose their ability to recognize important things. If a cop shows up to a mass shooting loads of people are yelling, he can't respond by simply telling people to stand back when they are trying to tell him there is a shooting going on. It would have been nice if the crowd were calm and quiet but that is not how dynamic situations work usually.

I am not confident that most people would see the cops striking in the same manner you would. What kind of message do you think that would send? If striking could have gotten some or all of the charges dropped, what if the officers did so to protect an officer who did do something wrong?

"Keyed into" AKA listened to the crowd. Thats what i said. Nice try, trying to create your own stuff on what i said to make urself sound right.

I stated what the message being sent states and the why in this situation. Ur using more whataboutism and going beyond what were talking about. U might as well have said what if LAPD struck so the Rodney King cops never got charged.

A hostile crowd doesnt only mean threats or violent actions are being made.

Thanks for playing.

aieahound

« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2023, 07:24:28 PM »
They charged the crowd control guy.  :wtf:
That’s not Justice. That’s Blind Vengeance.

eyeeatingfish

« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2023, 11:28:11 PM »

We are talking about a strike due to chauvin, et al being charged the way they were. Not about othet situations.

And if it works in that situation, what stops them from using it in other situations to protect a bad cop?

Problem is you are only seeing this from one angle, not considering how everyone else might look at it. You just sent a message complaining about a 50:1 ratio of cops doing unconstitutional things surrounding covid but now you aren't seeing how a strike could be viewed as an abuse of their power.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2023, 11:37:44 PM by eyeeatingfish »

eyeeatingfish

« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2023, 11:36:05 PM »

"Keyed into" AKA listened to the crowd. Thats what i said. Nice try, trying to create your own stuff on what i said to make urself sound right.

I stated what the message being sent states and the why in this situation. Ur using more whataboutism and going beyond what were talking about. U might as well have said what if LAPD struck so the Rodney King cops never got charged.

A hostile crowd doesnt only mean threats or violent actions are being made.

Thanks for playing.

You said "obeyed", now you are going to tell me you didn't? It's all there in your reply, it even quoted you when I replied. Talk about creating your own stuff.

Threats and violence are exactly what determines whether a crowd is hostile. The crowd was upset and frustrated and loud but they weren't hostile. The Asian cop was conversing with individuals in the crowd in a way that they explained to him their concerns in a manner he should have been able to comprehend and take action on. The Asian cop could have calmed the crowd by checking on Floyd's condition but he didn't, he made it worse by ignoring their legitimate warnings. Imagine the fire fighter who let a house burn down with a person inside because he was to threatened by a mother screaming that her kid was inside the house. He may not have committed a crime but he doesn't have what it takes to be a cop.

changemyoil66

« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2023, 08:21:11 AM »
And if it works in that situation, what stops them from using it in other situations to protect a bad cop?

Problem is you are only seeing this from one angle, not considering how everyone else might look at it. You just sent a message complaining about a 50:1 ratio of cops doing unconstitutional things surrounding covid but now you aren't seeing how a strike could be viewed as an abuse of their power.

Does it matter how others who are morons look at it?  No it doesn't because it would be a strike for the right reason. So if cops want more pay/benefits and want to strike, should they not in case others view it as bad cops? Thanks for playing. Do not pass go. Do not collect $200.

changemyoil66

« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2023, 08:23:03 AM »
You said "obeyed", now you are going to tell me you didn't? It's all there in your reply, it even quoted you when I replied. Talk about creating your own stuff.

Threats and violence are exactly what determines whether a crowd is hostile. The crowd was upset and frustrated and loud but they weren't hostile. The Asian cop was conversing with individuals in the crowd in a way that they explained to him their concerns in a manner he should have been able to comprehend and take action on. The Asian cop could have calmed the crowd by checking on Floyd's condition but he didn't, he made it worse by ignoring their legitimate warnings. Imagine the fire fighter who let a house burn down with a person inside because he was to threatened by a mother screaming that her kid was inside the house. He may not have committed a crime but he doesn't have what it takes to be a cop.

Ok buddy. I don't got time to keep going in circles. Thanks for playing. Do not pass go, do not collect $200. Chance card says you owe back taxes of 20%.

eyeeatingfish

« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2023, 03:18:52 AM »
Does it matter how others who are morons look at it?  No it doesn't because it would be a strike for the right reason. So if cops want more pay/benefits and want to strike, should they not in case others view it as bad cops? Thanks for playing. Do not pass go. Do not collect $200.

Of course it matters how people would look at it. Your response betrays how subjectively you are looking at it, "strike for the right reason" as if the truth of what happened is so plain and obvious.

We aren't talking about a strike for pay/benefits, we are talking about a strike to sway the justice system. Swoosh!

eyeeatingfish

« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2023, 03:20:14 AM »
Ok buddy. I don't got time to keep going in circles. Thanks for playing. Do not pass go, do not collect $200. Chance card says you owe back taxes of 20%.

I caught you in your own strawman and now you want to cover your retreat with your clever new catch phrase. Okay.  :shaka: