Trust Government -- The Unbiased Courts Will Protect Your Rights (Read 2772 times)

changemyoil66

Re: Trust Government -- The Unbiased Courts Will Protect Your Rights
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2021, 03:22:37 PM »
He didnt fail to divest. Its the fake news is looking for something to smear him.

Like flapp said, all the important agencies have all his info, including financials and tax returns. And no one found anything illegal or suspect. This is people looking for something to bust him on too. He is the cleanest politician in history.

What happened was probably some TDSer leaked the info who has access to his financials to the fake news.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

aieahound

« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2021, 04:16:53 PM »
That is a wide net.
And Trump would have had to get his kids out of his business to comply.
And basically accept his President salary as his sole source of income.
And turn over his tax returns showing a list of all investments, including all diversified accounts, and his wife’s and kids tax returns…..
Biden same thing.
Of course maybe the President isn’t held to the standard of a Federal Judge.
This is a nothing article about nothing trying to stir up something.
Just my opinion.

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2021, 05:56:05 PM »
This is a nothing article about nothing trying to stir up something.
Just my opinion.

Nothing?

If you lost a lawsuit or criminal trial, and you later found out the judge in your case held a few thousand shares of the opposing party's stock, are you saying you would not appeal that decision on grounds that the judge had a potential conflict of interest?

Really?

"In those cases, about two-thirds of the rulings were in favor of the financial interests of the judge, the Journal reported."

#NoMassConflictOfInterest
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

eyeeatingfish

« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2021, 08:21:50 PM »
You're looking at this backwards -- talk about inconsistency!!

The judges weren't accused of not disclosing their investments.  They were accused of not recusing themselves because of the appearance of a conflict.  Disclosure is half the equation.  They would have to go the next step and have some other judge hear the case.

The judges may have been able to divest their investments in the companies that represented conflicts, but they didn't do that, either.

Trump wasn't able to recuse himself of his duties.  He can't just step down and have someone else handle the pandemic.  The issue at hand was not isolated.  It was part of the overall pandemic solutions' planning and implementation.

Here are Trump's financial disclosures for 2018.  Why don't you scroll through, and point to the conflict of interest that compromised him as President.

Trump sure didn't try, he gave control over the investments to his children, as if that were any real step to separate him the ethical issues raised by his investments.

Obviously he couldn't remove 100% of all conflicts, clearly he would know his name is still on a bunch of hotels and condo buildings but I am not faulting him for that.

In an idea world the president and judges would have no investments at all which keep them clean of financial related ethical issues. Should they rule on cases where they have a significant percentage of their money invested in a related company? Absolutely not. Am I going to care if 1% of a judge's money is invested in a related company through a mutual fund? Not so much. So like I said, to me, the details matter, not merely the fact that there is some technical conflict of interest.

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2021, 08:47:07 PM »
Trump sure didn't try, he gave control over the investments to his children, as if that were any real step to separate him the ethical issues raised by his investments.

Obviously he couldn't remove 100% of all conflicts, clearly he would know his name is still on a bunch of hotels and condo buildings but I am not faulting him for that.

In an idea world the president and judges would have no investments at all which keep them clean of financial related ethical issues. Should they rule on cases where they have a significant percentage of their money invested in a related company? Absolutely not. Am I going to care if 1% of a judge's money is invested in a related company through a mutual fund? Not so much. So like I said, to me, the details matter, not merely the fact that there is some technical conflict of interest.

No.  In an ideal world, people would trust their leaders until given an actual reason not to.

Dems in Congress were calling for impeachment the day after the election.
-- Melvin Udall

eyeeatingfish

« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2021, 09:00:58 PM »
No.  In an ideal world, people would trust their leaders until given an actual reason not to.

Hahaha, now that's funny.

Dems in Congress were calling for impeachment the day after the election.

Rather similar to what Republicans did when Obama got elected.

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2021, 09:02:53 PM »
Hahaha, now that's funny.

Rather similar to what Republicans did when Obama got elected.

Really?  You must have been on Social Media, because I never saw that on any news reports.

When you said "Republicans," you meant ALL Republicans, I assume.

p.s.  "WhatAboutIsms" are not valid justifications for bad behavior.
-- Melvin Udall