Neopronouns? Really?? (Read 589 times)

Flapp_Jackson

Neopronouns? Really??
« on: April 27, 2024, 12:05:30 AM »
Neopronouns are neologistic third-person personal pronouns beyond those that
already exist in a language. In English, neopronouns replace the existing
pronouns "he", "she", and "they".[1] Neopronouns are preferred by some non-
binary individuals who feel that they provide options to reflect their gender identity
more accurately than conventional pronouns.[2][3]

Neopronouns may be words created to serve as pronouns, such as "ze/hir", or
derived from existing words and turned into personal pronouns, such as "fae/faer".[4]
Some neopronouns allude to they/them, such as "ey/em", a form of Spivak pronoun.[5]

A survey by The Trevor Project in 2020 found that 4% of the LGBT youth surveyed
used neopronouns.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neopronoun

Our civilization is doomed!

"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

QUIETShooter

Re: Neopronouns? Really??
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2024, 10:08:17 AM »
And they get angry if we don't address them as such.  How are we supposed to know?  Can't they be considerate and understanding enough to let us know their preference upon meeting for the first time?

Seems like every other young person out there nowadays feels the world revolves around them.
Sometimes you gotta know when to save your bullets.

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2024, 10:24:09 AM »
And they get angry if we don't address them as such.  How are we supposed to know?  Can't they be considerate and understanding enough to let us know their preference upon meeting for the first time?

Seems like every other young person out there nowadays feels the world revolves around them.

I formulated a solution a year ago.  If you want me to use "your" pronouns, then you have to tattoo them on your forehead in large font -- color of your choice.

If you want me to affirm your delusion, then you should have to fully commit.
-- Melvin Udall

groveler

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2024, 10:29:31 AM »
I formulated a solution a year ago.  If you want me to use "your" pronouns, then you have to tattoo them on your forehead in large font -- color of your choice.

you and I think alike.   :thumbsup:

changemyoil66

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2024, 10:30:31 AM »
People with mental issues or stupidity are being catered to.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2024, 10:44:02 AM »
People with mental issues or stupidity are being catered to.

Catered to, groomed, normalized and exploited for political, social and economic agendas.

Dylan Mulvaney Wins
Woman of the Year Award

https://www.newsweek.com/dylan-mulvaney-wins-woman-year-award-1834357

That says it all.  These are the true science deniers.
-- Melvin Udall

ren

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2024, 11:02:13 AM »
all done to divide and conquer our freedom loving society. With stupid people in charge and shouting over all others it is a lot easier. When our country is whittled down to a bunch of kindergartners it would be easy to manage. Taking money from a child. No need to conquer anyone. Gee I think we are already seeing that niao....

My dream of owning a brand new 200TREE Tacoma Leefted is over... :'( :(  I bet Zelensky already has one...
« Last Edit: April 27, 2024, 11:09:35 AM by ren »
Deeds Not Words

QUIETShooter

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2024, 12:38:02 PM »

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

QUIETShooter

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2024, 12:51:07 PM »
all done to divide and conquer our freedom loving society. With stupid people in charge and shouting over all others it is a lot easier. When our country is whittled down to a bunch of kindergartners it would be easy to manage. Taking money from a child. No need to conquer anyone. Gee I think we are already seeing that niao....

My dream of owning a brand new 200TREE Tacoma Leefted is over... :'( :(  I bet Zelensky already has one...

Zelensky.  The snake oil salesman.

joe biden.  The ice cream eating octogenarian deemed too feeble minded to stand trial but qualified to be president of the United States.

The American citizen.  Forced to take a back seat to queers too confused to figure out their gender and illegal immigrants demanding the American Dream but not willing to work for it.  All the while taxed up their A$$ while being the cash cow for all of joe's bidenomics and the salaries of all politicians and bureaucrats in Ukraine.  And all the doctors and lawyers and CEO's of the future making millions of dollars with memories of old joe forgiving their student loans paid for by America's middle class, what's left of it.

Yeah.  The queers with their neopronouns can suck it.

hvybarrels

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2024, 01:31:04 PM »
There's this crazy lady who lives at a bus stop and screams at passersby near where I work. We had some people come from out of town and one of them shouted back at her which really set her off, and it was so cringe.

Don't be that guy.
“Wars happen when the government tells you who the enemy is. Revolutions happen when you figure it out for yourselves.”

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2024, 01:37:15 PM »
There's this crazy lady who lives at a bus stop and screams at passersby near where I work. We had some people come from out of town and one of them shouted back at her which really set her off, and it was so cringe.

Don't be that guy.

Is that Crazy Mary, the one who likes to hang out at the bus stop between HQ CINCPACFLT and SUB BASE PH?  That one often has signs about government conspiracies and similar gripes.  Usually wears military fatigues but changes often.  She's supposed to be former military, medically retired due to her "mental ailments."

A co-worker said he was waiting for the bus there, and he simply said "Hi" when she walked up. 

She started screaming, "Why are you following me?  What do you want from me?  Who sent you?  Stop following me!!"

He went back to the Makalapa Gate and waited for the next bus.   

:shake: :rofl:  :crazy:
-- Melvin Udall

ren

« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2024, 01:39:52 PM »
Is that Crazy Mary, the one who likes to hang out at the bus stop between HQ CINCPACFLT and SUB BASE PH?  That one often has signs about government conspiracies and similar gripes.  Usually wears military fatigues but changes often.  She's supposed to be former military, medically retired due to her "mental ailments."

A co-worker said he was waiting for the bus there, and he simply said "Hi" when she walked up. 

She started screaming, "Why are you following me?  What do you want from me?  Who sent you?  Stop following me!!"

He went back to the Makalapa Gate and waited for the next bus.   

:shake: :rofl:  :crazy:

She has passed many years ago. RIP Mary.
Deeds Not Words

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2024, 01:59:25 PM »
She has passed many years ago. RIP Mary.

Awwwwwww.  Hope she can finally get some peaceful rest.  She was obviously tormented here on Earth.

:shaka:
-- Melvin Udall

eyeeatingfish

« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2024, 10:51:28 PM »
There is some evidence that we may have reached the end of this crazy pendulum swing to the left and are coming back. Lets just hope it comes back quickly

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2024, 12:01:00 AM »
There is some evidence that we may have reached the end of this crazy pendulum swing to the left and are coming back. Lets just hope it comes back quickly

Care to share that evidence, or is that also against some rule?
-- Melvin Udall

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2024, 12:05:39 AM »
A recent poll found that 35% of Generation Z (those ages 13 to 21 in 2018)
know someone who uses gender-neutral pronouns (Parker et al., 2019).
Twenty states and the District of Columbia now allow citizens to express a
nonbinary identity on their driver’s license, and 14 states allow citizens to
indicate a nonbinary identity on their birth certificate (Movement Advancement
Project, 2021). The U.S. State Department also recently announced policy
changes to make it easier for transgender and nonbinary people to change
the gender marker on their U.S. passport, in preparation for offering a third
gender option in the future (Jakes, 2021). In celebration of International
Nonbinary People’s Day on July 14th, this brief uses data from The Trevor
Project’s 2021 National Survey on LGBTQ Youth Mental Health to examine
the diversity of nonbinary youth.
https://www.thetrevorproject.org/research-briefs/diversity-of-nonbinary-youth/

If that survey is even sort-of accurate, based on the "normalization actions" of the government and schools,
this "crazy pendulum" isn't about to finish it's arc to the extreme left.
-- Melvin Udall

hvybarrels

« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2024, 01:15:00 AM »
The issue now is that we have a marxist revolution that has gotten out of hand and is fractioning apart (per usual) and just like Trotsky vs Stalin it's threatening to turn into a bloody mess. There are definitely strong signs that a majority of Americans want to return to conservative values and restore the republic. This is clearly demonstrated by Trump's strong poll numbers, but if he ends up betraying us and enough black swans come home to roost it could be enough to break the nation into several incompatible political regions.

https://reason.com/2024/04/15/donald-trumps-cowardice-over-warrantless-spying/
“Wars happen when the government tells you who the enemy is. Revolutions happen when you figure it out for yourselves.”

eyeeatingfish

« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2024, 10:45:24 PM »
Care to share that evidence, or is that also against some rule?

A number of European countries are walking back their allowing minors to get gender change surgery.
I have seen news of students do walkout protests in opposition to shared bathrooms
A number of sports organizations have banned or are moving towards a ban on transgender women (men) playing in women sports.

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2024, 01:01:17 AM »
A number of European countries are walking back their allowing minors to get gender change surgery.
I have seen news of students do walkout protests in opposition to shared bathrooms
A number of sports organizations have banned or are moving towards a ban on transgender women (men) playing in women sports.

is it your belief that what happens in European countries somehow translates to the US?

Is it your belief that students doing walkout protests somehow translates to the pendulum swinging?  Were students the reason for the pendulum to swing toward grooming children into LGBTQ ideologies?

Do a few organizations moving toward banning transgender women from some sports reduce the instances of neopronoun usage, transgenders in the population, or trans rights advocates?
« Last Edit: April 30, 2024, 11:20:01 AM by Flapp_Jackson »
-- Melvin Udall

eyeeatingfish

« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2024, 09:29:43 PM »
is it your belief that what happens in European countries somehow translates to the US?

Where did I say I was talking only about the USA?

Is it your belief that students doing walkout protests somehow translates to the pendulum swinging?  Were students the reason for the pendulum to swing toward grooming children into LGBTQ ideologies?

It would be consistent.

Do a few organizations moving toward banning transgender women from some sports reduce the instances of neopronoun usage, transgenders in the population, or trans rights advocates?

Possibly.