Magazine shipment (Read 2013 times)

Jbaroune

Magazine shipment
« on: February 26, 2024, 09:04:04 PM »
I’ve ordered many rifle mags over10+ rounds the past few years. Tried to order more from 3 different websites last week, but it seems they won’t ship to Hawaii anymore.  Is this because of the new bill that hasn’t passed yet?  I see them available in LGS.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2024, 09:39:03 PM by Jbaroune »

eyeeatingfish

Re: Magazine shipment
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2024, 09:30:41 PM »
I’ve ordered many rifle mags over 10+ rounds over the past few years. Tried to order more from 3 different websites but last week but they won’t ship to Hawaii anymore.  Is this because of the new bill that hasn’t passed yet?

A couple years ago the attorney general sent letters out to the internet retailers saying that high cap magazines were illegal in Hawaii and they shouldn't be shipped here. A lot of the companies didn't want the fight or didn't look closely at the law and no longer would ship to Hawaii. Even if it is for a rifle and perfectly legal they seem to not be willing to ship.

Jbaroune

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2024, 10:17:19 PM »
A couple years ago the attorney general sent letters out to the internet retailers saying that high cap magazines were illegal in Hawaii and they shouldn't be shipped here. A lot of the companies didn't want the fight or didn't look closely at the law and no longer would ship to Hawaii. Even if it is for a rifle and perfectly legal they seem to not be willing to ship.

Bummer.  I probably got enough mags to last me a lifetime. Just wanted to test out some new 22lr mags and drum with my CMMG conversion.  I tried gunmagwarehouse, primary arms and midway. None would ship them. All 3 of them shipped to me before. Going to try optics planet and  gunbroker as a last resort.

eyeeatingfish

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2024, 10:56:24 PM »
Bummer.  I probably got enough mags to last me a lifetime. Just wanted to test out some new 22lr mags and drum with my CMMG conversion.  I tried gunmagwarehouse, primary arms and midway. None would ship them. All 3 of them shipped to me before. Going to try optics planet and  gunbroker as a last resort.

Sorry I don't have any input on what internet sources might still ship. Know anyone on the mainland that you could ship it to and then they forward it to you?

aaronc5362

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2024, 12:24:12 AM »
Midwayusa still ships rifle mags to Oahu.

Just no pistol mags over 10 rnds

QUIETShooter

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2024, 07:52:33 AM »

I've encountered some internet retailers in the past that won't ship rifle mags to Hawaii.  Either they don't want to deal with the potential hassles or they just didn't know the laws.

No problem.  I just went to another retailer and they shipped the mags to me.  The other guy's loss. :rofl:
Sometimes you gotta know when to save your bullets.

aaronc5362

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2024, 03:27:11 PM »
I've encountered some internet retailers in the past that won't ship rifle mags to Hawaii.  Either they don't want to deal with the potential hassles or they just didn't know the laws.

No problem.  I just went to another retailer and they shipped the mags to me.  The other guy's loss. :rofl:

Gunmagwarehouse use to ship to Hawaii . but soon after ar15 pistols became a thing they stopped. I guess cause the word pistol automatically meamt nothing over 10 rounds to Hawaii. Little do they know we cant have ar15 pistols without welding a friggin metal shroud around the magwell and mag. Or exnay the gas tube. 😂 unless the laws have changed... Thats what i remember.

aaronc5362

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2024, 03:30:57 PM »
But as for the OP ..

I ordered some ar15 30 rd mags a couple weeks ago and its on its way.

I checked today... Put in cart etc... And it works but didnt order. If theres a problem.. When you choose shipping method it'll prevent you from going any further.
Ask me how I know?😂

This is midway.

jd0210

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2024, 03:32:47 PM »
Midwayusa still ships rifle mags to Oahu.

Just no pistol mags over 10 rnds
Brownells also ships 30rd mags here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

changemyoil66

« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2024, 03:32:53 PM »
I like to support stores that support the cause.  You can check if they can bring in the mags.

RSN172

« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2024, 08:46:58 PM »
My gun loving friend in Mississippi will send me anything I want.

As a law abiding citizen, I don’t do anything illegal.  I obey the law.

mill8316

« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2024, 11:57:30 PM »
Brownells does. But my favorite is lanbosarmory

drck1000

« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2024, 08:23:41 AM »
Beleive DCT has a large stock of standard capacity magazines and might be running sales in "recognition" of bills like this. 

I used to order from Gunmagwarehouse and PSA, but both have stopped shipping to HI.  There are others that still do, and Brownells has been reliable and also excellent sales here and there.  I have away a bunch of standard cap AR mags recently, so might "backfill" with some newer mags. 

changemyoil66

« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2024, 08:25:00 AM »
Beleive DCT has a large stock of standard capacity magazines and might be running sales in "recognition" of bills like this. 

I used to order from Gunmagwarehouse and PSA, but both have stopped shipping to HI.  There are others that still do, and Brownells has been reliable and also excellent sales here and there.  I have away a bunch of standard cap AR mags recently, so might "backfill" with some newer mags.

DCT also showed up to the hearing about SB3196 to testify against it.  He isn't like another gun store who years ago didn't do anything, but fear mongered for people to buy more mags. Same gun store, a few friends bought Glocks and it only came with 1 mag.

stangzilla

« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2024, 08:58:48 AM »
HGS had a sale on AR mags. not sure if still on sale
Primary Arms ships to HI

Jbaroune

« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2024, 01:15:36 PM »
But as for the OP ..

I ordered some ar15 30 rd mags a couple weeks ago and its on its way.

I checked today... Put in cart etc... And it works but didnt order. If theres a problem.. When you choose shipping method it'll prevent you from going any further.
Ask me how I know?😂

This is midway.

You’re right, midway accepted my order. I must have been mistaken about them. Gunmagwarehouse has always been my go to.  Thanks

Tex

« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2024, 06:55:34 PM »
Is there anywhere that sells surplus Uzi and/or AK mags that will ship here?

AimSurplus ships rifle caliber magazines to Hawaii from what I am able to determine. Their surplus stock is minimal right now though.

Arms of America is a maybe.

Atlantic Firearms looks possible for rifle caliber mags.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2024, 07:15:08 PM by Tex »

Neesh

« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2024, 09:08:39 PM »
+ 1 on AimSurplus and Brownells

Jbaroune

« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2024, 11:42:28 PM »
You guys right about midway. They will ship. Gonna purchase this tonight.  Its One of those items your wife  says you don’t need, so you  buy it and do everything you can to justify how this will someday save your families Life lol
« Last Edit: February 29, 2024, 07:05:51 PM by Jbaroune »

rpoL98

« Reply #19 on: February 29, 2024, 02:13:29 PM »
yup, get those 30rd mags while you still can.  load up now, get your life-time supply ordered.

don't forget those 40rd PMAGS, maybe some 60rd mags.  how bout some drum mags?  Strike Industries has clear 32rd polymer mags, not sure if they're GTG.

if SB3196 passes ... not sure what the latest is on that, or if anybody 2a even know what it actually says, seems to be kind of hush-hush alluvasudden.