Kauai Chief lost his gun for a 2nd time. (Read 1840 times)

changemyoil66

Kauai Chief lost his gun for a 2nd time.
« on: April 02, 2024, 06:11:56 PM »
Found in the restroom stall again. Another officer found it.

What would happen if a ccw holder did this...

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Shoboshi

Re: Kauai Chief lost his gun for a 2nd time.
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2024, 08:35:58 PM »
He also was accuses of making Japanese racist comments and gestures in 2021.

ren

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2024, 08:55:27 PM »
madafaka need training from DA LIST!
Deeds Not Words

QUIETShooter

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2024, 09:46:28 PM »
HPD leaves rifle unattended.

HPD officer has his equipment and firearm stolen.

KPD chief uses bathroom (probably took a sh*t) and left firearm unattended.

KPD chief does it again.

KPD deputy carries firearm in carry on luggage.

Makes you wonder who really needs to take the firearm safety classes.
Sometimes you gotta know when to save your bullets.

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2024, 11:42:22 PM »
HPD leaves rifle unattended.

HPD officer has his equipment and firearm stolen.

KPD chief uses bathroom (probably took a sh*t) and left firearm unattended.

KPD chief does it again.

KPD deputy carries firearm in carry on luggage.

Makes you wonder who really needs to take the firearm safety classes.

Most of the CCW "rules" were modeled off the HPD officer training requirements.

So, we can assume they've already had more than one firearm safety class.

The real question is, what is going to be done to make sure these specific people are no longer trusted with firearms after demonstrating a carelessness and negligence regarding weapons.
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

ICLS1989

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2024, 05:32:58 AM »
And this is the gatekeeper to your rights on Kauai…what a disgrace.

oldfart

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2024, 05:58:17 AM »
What, Me Worry?

randay

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2024, 06:43:22 AM »
he is law enforcement. the bathroom was at his place of business. dont think any laws were broken by the cheif. if anything, the officers who "found" the pistol and took possession might be guilty of theft. they need to be disciplined for stealing the chiefs pistol.

ren

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2024, 07:09:06 AM »
he is law enforcement. the bathroom was at his place of business. dont think any laws were broken by the cheif. if anything, the officers who "found" the pistol and took possession might be guilty of theft. they need to be disciplined for stealing the chiefs pistol.
some would agree with you.

Exodus 7:18 ESV / 13 helpful votes
The fish in the Nile shall die, and the Nile will stink, and the Egyptians will grow weary of drinking water from the Nile.”’”

Matthew 14:15-21 ESV / 10 helpful votes

Now when it was evening, the disciples came to him and said, “This is a desolate place, and the day is now over; send the crowds away to go into the villages and buy food for themselves.” But Jesus said, “They need not go away; you give them something to eat.” They said to him, “We have only five loaves here and two fish.” And he said, “Bring them here to me.” Then he ordered the crowds to sit down on the grass, and taking the five loaves and the two fish, he looked up to heaven and said a blessing. Then he broke the loaves and gave them to the disciples, and the disciples gave them to the crowds. ...
Matthew 7:7-11 ESV / 10 helpful votes
“Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and the one who seeks finds, and to the one who knocks it will be opened. Or which one of you, if his son asks him for bread, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a serpent? If you then, who are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask him!
Deeds Not Words

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2024, 10:43:43 AM »
Just spitballing, but ...

You know those lockers they use in jails, courtrooms, etc. for Cops to store their weapons?  It's mainly so criminals aren't within an arms reach of a firearm.

I'd say making bathrooms "sensitive places" and requiring Cops to use a locker when entering is a viable solution. 

Anyone in the middle of "doing their business" isn't in a position to quickly draw a firearm anyway. 

:thumbsup: :geekdanc:
-- Melvin Udall

changemyoil66

« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2024, 10:49:56 AM »

SWOOOOSSSHHHHHHH

changemyoil66

« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2024, 10:50:47 AM »
Turns out it was the retired deputy chief who turned him in.  I'm sure if he wanted to, he could have ran the serial # and then called the owner.  But he chose to do the right thing.

astroboy

« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2024, 11:47:09 AM »
If he did it twice and nothin' happened, he will likely do it again.
Maybe the 3rd time's the charm for him to step down and quietly go away..

aletheuo137

« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2024, 12:05:39 PM »
some would agree with you.

Exodus 7:18 ESV / 13 helpful votes
The fish in the Nile shall die, and the Nile will stink, and the Egyptians will grow weary of drinking water from the Nile.”’”

Matthew 14:15-21 ESV / 10 helpful votes

Now when it was evening, the disciples came to him and said, “This is a desolate place, and the day is now over; send the crowds away to go into the villages and buy food for themselves.” But Jesus said, “They need not go away; you give them something to eat.” They said to him, “We have only five loaves here and two fish.” And he said, “Bring them here to me.” Then he ordered the crowds to sit down on the grass, and taking the five loaves and the two fish, he looked up to heaven and said a blessing. Then he broke the loaves and gave them to the disciples, and the disciples gave them to the crowds. ...
Matthew 7:7-11 ESV / 10 helpful votes
“Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and the one who seeks finds, and to the one who knocks it will be opened. Or which one of you, if his son asks him for bread, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a serpent? If you then, who are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask him!

Bible thumper

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

astroboy

« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2024, 12:59:28 PM »
We could start a whole new thread on which county has/had the worst chief of police.

Back in the day, I knew a police capt. who got fired for having an affair out side of his marriage.
Today things like that are no big deal at all.
Life's different now, just like the C&K song.

ren

« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2024, 06:25:30 PM »
https://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/2024/04/06/statement-kpd-chief-says-he-recognizes-serious-nature-losing-his-department-issued-gun/

HONOLULU (HawaiiNewsNow) - Kauai’s police chief says he takes full responsibility for leaving his department-issued gun in a restroom and that he understands the “serious nature” of the incident.

HNN Investigates broke the story earlier this week, reporting KPD Chief Todd Raybuck could be facing disciplinary action after losing his gun for the second time in two years.

On Friday, Raybuck issued a statement on the incident, saying he had not been officially notified of a complaint about the incident but will “fully cooperate” with the police commission’s process.

Here’s the full statement:

“As the Police Chief of the Kaua’i Police Department, I take full responsibility for leaving my department-issued firearm in the police department employee restroom outside my office. The employee restroom is located in a secured area of the department that requires access via an employee key card. However, I recognize the serious nature of this incident. My firearm was located by another police department employee who took the appropriate steps to secure the firearm. While I have not been officially notified of a complaint, I will fully cooperate with the Police Commission’s process. I hope that my situation serves as an opportunity for others to learn from my mistake and a reminder of the importance of the safekeeping of firearms.”

Deeds Not Words

eyeeatingfish

« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2024, 12:25:55 AM »

I thought i read somewhere that it was in the public bathroom in the station. If that is the case that the public had access to it then it is a serious problem, much different than a cop lockeroom bathroom.

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2024, 12:37:52 PM »
I thought i read somewhere that it was in the public bathroom in the station. If that is the case that the public had access to it then it is a serious problem, much different than a cop lockeroom bathroom.

I literally read the exact opposite -- in the comment just before yours.

:wacko:   :geekdanc:

"The employee restroom is located in a secured area of the department that requires access via an employee key card."

--Chief Raybuck's public statement

You really ought to consider hiring a fact checker to vet your comments before posting.

I'll do it for $100/week.  Right now, I'm doing it post submission for free anyway. 

How hard could the job be when 80% of your posts are opinions and off-topic arguments, while the rest are either verifiably false or patially true?
« Last Edit: April 06, 2024, 12:46:27 PM by Flapp_Jackson »
-- Melvin Udall

ren

« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2024, 01:54:09 PM »
Deeds Not Words