Hunter Ed card (Read 769 times)

mrgaf

Hunter Ed card
« on: June 04, 2023, 03:28:25 PM »
Was wondering with all this anti gun horse hit going on in the Banana Republik of Hawaii if the Hawaii Hunter Ed card is still accepted at the pig station for a handgun permit (not CCW). If this has been previously asked my regrets…. :shaka:
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.  Thomas Paine.

No man can get rich in politics unless he is a crook.  It cannot be done. Harry Truman

Only good liberal is one taking a dirt nap.

macsak

Re: Hunter Ed card
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2023, 03:39:40 PM »
good to go until the end of the year...

mrgaf

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2023, 04:55:09 PM »
Ok thanks :D
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.  Thomas Paine.

No man can get rich in politics unless he is a crook.  It cannot be done. Harry Truman

Only good liberal is one taking a dirt nap.

changemyoil66

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2023, 09:15:16 AM »
Good as long as it's within 4 years of you taking the course. This is for rifle/shotty only. Handguns require addtional courses. 

randay

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2023, 11:33:46 AM »
taking bets on how well dlnr will handle (tens of?) thousands of repeat educationings(or whatever you wanna call it)

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2023, 11:37:50 AM »
taking bets on how well dlnr will handle (tens of?) thousands of repeat educationings(or whatever you wanna call it)

H.Ed training is available online now, so the in-class numbers are low to nil.

If they have to provide live fire training, that's going to change everything.  Maybe split between online and hands-on sessions?
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

changemyoil66

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2023, 11:41:04 AM »
H.Ed training is available online now, so the in-class numbers are low to nil.

If they have to provide live fire training, that's going to change everything.  Maybe split between online and hands-on sessions?

IDK if they have to provide live fire, the section then refers to section 183 or something.  The HRS itself for hunters ed doesn't mention live fire, but that other section might.

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2023, 12:24:11 PM »
IDK if they have to provide live fire, the section then refers to section 183 or something.  The HRS itself for hunters ed doesn't mention live fire, but that other section might.

If H.Ed. continues to be valid for handgun purchases and doesn't include live fire, then H.Ed. remains a glaring inconsistency with the stated purpose of getting training at all.  Requiring live fire training for NRA Handgun Safety course and not of state-sponsored training shows a bias and lack of honesty in the reason for training in the first place.

I've always questioned why no one has sued over this disparity.  While I think ALL new owners need to train with live ammo, I don't think the gov't should decide what those requirements and standards should be. 
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

changemyoil66

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2023, 12:38:48 PM »
If H.Ed. continues to be valid for handgun purchases and doesn't include live fire, then H.Ed. remains a glaring inconsistency with the stated purpose of getting training at all.  Requiring live fire training for NRA Handgun Safety course and not of state-sponsored training shows a bias and lack of honesty in the reason for training in the first place.

I've always questioned why no one has sued over this disparity.  While I think ALL new owners need to train with live ammo, I don't think the gov't should decide what those requirements and standards should be.

HE will only be  valid only for rifle/shotty purchase. Handguns  have a different requirement. eff 1/1/24.

I was told by an OG the HE was the option to not do live fire from NRA Instructor Handgun safety classes. You could do either to buy a handgun.  But now the law changed.

groveler

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2023, 01:23:03 PM »
Was wondering with all this anti gun horse hit going on in the Banana Republik of Hawaii if the Hawaii Hunter Ed card is still accepted at the pig station for a handgun permit (not CCW). If this has been previously asked my regrets…. :shaka:
This is easier.
I have relatives in FL and WA that own their homes,
they agreed to let me use them as a residence.
I revoked my Hawaii voters registration and registered as a voter
in my case,  WA state.
That makes me a legal resident.
Get a state ID card.
Go buy a pistol, or a bunch of them.
Notice this is all legal and I don't have to talk to HPD.
I physically reside on the BI of Hawaii.
Y'all figure it out.
I like to visit my relatives.
 :thumbsup:
BTW I still have a Hawaii hunter safety diploma
and will soon have a WA state hunting license.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2023, 01:32:45 PM by groveler »