M1 Garands and Carbines (Read 2273 times)

2aHawaii

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sheepdog
  • Referrals: 17
    • View Profile
    • 2aHawaii
M1 Garands and Carbines
« on: November 24, 2009, 03:53:19 PM »
Tom_G's post on the 1903s reminded me of another site that sells milsurps, the Civilian Marksmanship Program. I don't have any personal experience but many people out there on the intarwebs do. It also seems to be a federally chartered program.

he Civilian Marksmanship Program (CMP) is a national organization dedicated to training and educating U. S. citizens in responsible uses of firearms and airguns through gun safety training, marksmanship training and competitions. The CMP is a federally chartered 501 (c) (3) corporation that places its highest priority on serving youth through gun safety and marksmanship activities that encourage personal growth and build life skills. Links on this page will lead you to more detailed information about the CMP and its programs.

They sell various grades of M1 Garands and Carbines as well as a few .22s. Someone recommended the Kimber Model 82 for people looking to get into .22 target shooting.
http://thecmp.org/kimber82desc.htm
I am not a lawyer.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." - United States Constitution Amendment 2 & Hawaii State Constitution Article 1 Section 17

Buying from Amazon? Click through here

Tom_G

Re: M1 Garands and Carbines
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2009, 05:25:15 PM »
I own both a Garand and a carbine from CMP, and have bought probably 10,000 rounds of ammo (mostly .30-06) from them over the years as well.  Their inventory is a bit depleted now due to the Obama panic, but it's a solid outfit with excellent prices.
The difference between theory and reality is that, in theory, there is no difference between theory and reality.