Water Bob (bathtub water storage) (Read 18054 times)

Jaydawg

Re: Water Bob (bathtub water storage)
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2011, 03:37:42 PM »
I've been using my 2 liter diet soda bottles to save tap water as well. 

tonsofguns

« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2011, 07:37:40 PM »
I know this goes without saying, but....this is an excellent topic and there are many great suggestions!
Anyone just starting to prep has a ton of info in this section. Let's keep up the good work!

mishka

« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2011, 05:00:00 PM »
Just revisiting this thread, awesome information here guys, thanks for all the contributions!

I ended up putting off the water bob since I came across the food grade 55 gal. barrels and had those filled.  However, now that I am back in an apartment, that's not possible.  Back to the BOB!  :)  And guess what?  Free shipping on Amazon!  http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B001AXLUX2/?tag=2ahawaii-20

For how many I was getting, this was most cost efficient.  Aside from the BOB I am using a few 7 gal containers from Walmart, and re-using 1 gal and 2 liter containers (not milk jugs! they degrade quickly).  By the way, although the BOB would be difficult to dry out and says one-time use, if you do manage to dry it out I suppose it could be re-usable for non-potable water the next time.  Maybe. 

I like the suggestion of a tarp!  Along those lines, one could also use thick painters plastic.  Might pick some up next time I'm at home depot.  It could have other uses as well.

tonsofguns

« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2011, 12:39:55 PM »
The one gallon plastic jugs that Arizona green tea comes are good for small stashes around the house, like under sinks and shelves. The plastic is pretty thick and I haven't seen any deterioration in the 4 years of using these.

mishka

« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2011, 10:38:40 PM »
The one gallon plastic jugs that Arizona green tea comes are good for small stashes around the house, like under sinks and shelves. The plastic is pretty thick and I haven't seen any deterioration in the 4 years of using these.

Hahaa yeah I use those too. :)  Target sells those ice teas for $3.

djsmiles808

« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2012, 05:57:03 PM »
anywhere else to get these water bobs?

mishka

« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2012, 11:17:32 PM »
anywhere else to get these water bobs?

Strange, it's really difficult to find right now.  Just keep checking back on Amazon and the WaterBob site.

SpeedTek

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • Car Nut, Machinist, Gunsmith & Monkey
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
    • X-Ring on the WWW
« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2012, 11:47:22 PM »
I can see KK filling it with beer.
Political Correctness is FOS
I collect M1 Carbines, PM me if youre selling!
& Bolt Action 308s also 10/22 Rugers.
Buying STOCK Ruger 10/22 parts and bits, PM me.
Now doing Vintage VW Parts!