Medical Kits - What's In Yours? Where Do You Buy Supplies? (Read 1695 times)

changemyoil66

Re: Medical Kits - What's In Yours? Where Do You Buy Supplies?
« Reply #40 on: July 10, 2017, 01:07:20 PM »
The problem is you need all the prerequisites AND they have to decide to take you. You have an oral interview and basically they decide if they want to have you on the course.

Sounds like it's not a course designed for people just wanting education for their personal interest, but more for those going into the EMT field for work.  Like the firefighters course UH (I think) offers.

drck1000

« Reply #41 on: July 18, 2017, 09:07:00 AM »
How often do you guys actively rotate out supplies?  I mean stuff that doesn't have expiration dates.  Like gauze, bandaids, etc.

The booboo pouch in my range bag gets used once in a while, so the bandaids get refilled every now and then.  The item that gets used the most is actually a roll of cloth athletic tape.  Super useful for a wide range of things and I always have a roll around, even in my golf bag. 

changemyoil66

« Reply #42 on: July 19, 2017, 08:29:39 AM »
How often do you guys actively rotate out supplies?  I mean stuff that doesn't have expiration dates.  Like gauze, bandaids, etc.

The booboo pouch in my range bag gets used once in a while, so the bandaids get refilled every now and then.  The item that gets used the most is actually a roll of cloth athletic tape.  Super useful for a wide range of things and I always have a roll around, even in my golf bag.

I do a function check on the TQ once a year, and the QuickClot when the XP date is (check once a year).  Everything else doesn't expire.

For my TQ in the car, every few months due to it being left in the center consul and the heat.

zippz

« Reply #43 on: July 19, 2017, 08:50:11 AM »
Sounds like it's not a course designed for people just wanting education for their personal interest, but more for those going into the EMT field for work.  Like the firefighters course UH (I think) offers.

You can send a request to the Red Cross or KCC and see if they can create a class if you can find a group of people that want to do it.
Join Hawaii Guys and Gals with Guns at www.meetup.com/HawaiiGGG.  We are a group of shooting friends that explore a variety of shooting sports.
Hawaii Shooting Calendar - https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=practicalmarksman.com_btllod1boifgpp8dcjnbnruhso%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Pacific/Honolulu

changemyoil66

« Reply #44 on: August 09, 2017, 01:49:07 PM »
I'm looking to update my IFAK and am looking for one that I can attach to my back on my plate carrier and grab with either hand.

Something that's maybe held in with an elastic sleeve and handles on both left and right side that I can pull and the entire kit comes out.  So the elastic sleeve attaches to the plate carrier via MOLLE clips and is used to hold the IFAK in place.

drck1000

« Reply #45 on: August 09, 2017, 03:40:55 PM »
I'm looking to update my IFAK and am looking for one that I can attach to my back on my plate carrier and grab with either hand.

Something that's maybe held in with an elastic sleeve and handles on both left and right side that I can pull and the entire kit comes out.  So the elastic sleeve attaches to the plate carrier via MOLLE clips and is used to hold the IFAK in place.
I have the Dark Angel IFAK and the vacuum sealed contents can be retrieved with either hand by pulling on a small tab as long as you can reach.

ITS Tactical also had pouches that can be opened from a loop on the top that sort of opens the pouch.  They also have these fast tabs where you pull on the tabs and the clips slide out from the MOLLE loops and the entire pouch falls free.  As long as you have a MOLLE pouch, you can use those fast tabs (called Molly stix).

https://store.itstactical.com/molly-stix-pair.html