Palmetto state armory complete uppers (Read 1170 times)

MrJones

Palmetto state armory complete uppers
« on: December 07, 2022, 02:11:04 AM »
Does Psa ship complete uppers to Hawaii? I notice their website says we have to use a freight forwarder. It’s confusing.

Jones

stangzilla

Re: Palmetto state armory complete uppers
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2022, 04:40:46 AM »
Does Psa ship complete uppers to Hawaii? I notice their website says we have to use a freight forwarder. It’s confusing.

Jones

They ship complete uppers to hawaii. I've ordered a few
The lower has the serial number, not the upper

Kalikikopa

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2022, 12:52:38 PM »

Jones

Yes. They ship uppers to your house. a lower will need to go through an FFL. I have done both.

drck1000

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2022, 12:56:17 PM »
Same as the two responses above.  I ordered a complete upper as recently as this past July.  They usually have pretty good sales for national holidays.  They also have one-day type sales often.

I have to complete PSA uppers and they've been pretty good.  I use them as beater/testing guns, but they haven't failed me, yet. . .

randay

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2022, 01:08:37 PM »
only if you ask nicely.

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2022, 01:09:16 PM »
it's been a few years since I ordered AR-15 receivers from PSA.

When I first ordered, they didn't even have Hawaii as a selection in their STATE pulldown list.  I had to pick another state (usually AK), and just put my correct town and zipcode.  The order always arrived on time.

They finally added Hawaii, so that "workaround" is just a memory now.

As for freight forwarding, I guess that applies to ammo.  If they offer free shipping for non-ammo orders, it normally applies to HI shipments, too.

I always picked GROUND shipping method to get the lowest cost if shipping wasn't included.  PSA picked the carrier -- usually UPS or USPS.  Again, the shipment always arrived as anticipated.

Go through the check-out process and place your order.  Shipping costs will be calculated and added to the final amount. 
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

drck1000

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2022, 01:13:05 PM »
I recall that workaround before.  I think the last one I ordered, HI was available in the shipping.  And shipping cost was decent.  However, time from order to ship can be a crap shoot with them.  I recall them getting roasted for a long time about that. 

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2022, 01:21:33 PM »
I recall that workaround before.  I think the last one I ordered, HI was available in the shipping.  And shipping cost was decent.  However, time from order to ship can be a crap shoot with them.  I recall them getting roasted for a long time about that.

Their policy says normally they ship within 5 days of ordering.  Uppers can take as long as 15 days to ship.  I guess that allows for assembly.
-- Melvin Udall

stangzilla

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2022, 01:22:58 PM »
a few months ago, PSA would not send me 30 round AR mags

drck1000

« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2022, 01:28:19 PM »
Yeah, I recall that happening a while back.  A couple others stopped that too, like gunmagwarehouse and at least one more.  :(

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2022, 01:31:48 PM »
There has always been a "Cops don't enforce that law for ARs" understanding for >10rd mags. 

Letter of the law makes them illegal for non-LEO purchases.  it's the ban on Assault Pistols that muddies the water.

Most places I ordered 30 rd and larger mags from in the past changed their policies to restrict sales to Hawaii to 10 rds or less.

There have been bills proposed lately to clarify the law and make >10 rd mags illegal no matter what type of firearm it fits.

Given the number of 30-rd + mags already in HI residents' hands, has there really been a need to enforce a 10-rd limit?
-- Melvin Udall

robtmc

« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2022, 06:48:45 PM »
Yes, they ship uppers to your mailbox.  Beware of the barrels on those uppers if this was a lower priced assembly..   

They sent me a very defective barrel on my "freedom" upper.  Much emailing got me a replacement barrel, but it does not look all that much better, so have not bothered to shoot it next.

Went sideways with a quality upper receiver and built my own assembly with a known quality barrel from a know company.   

The PSA upper sits in Arizona as a truck gun whenever I get around to it.

MrJones

« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2022, 06:33:32 AM »
Thanks for all the great info. It was a little confusing because of the Ak and Hi must use freight forwarding wording on there shipping restrictions page. It didn’t specify what items need freight forwarding.

Jones

nickelzismoney

« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2022, 09:56:42 PM »

Brownells will 😬
“No matter how much it hurts, how dark it gets, or how hard you fall… you are never out of the fight.” - Marcus Luttrel

"The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil, but by those who watch them without doing anything." - Albert Einstein