X-ring customer service and social media support (Read 3695 times)

XringWayne

X-ring customer service and social media support
« on: March 24, 2021, 03:26:47 PM »
Aloha everyone

My name is Wayne I'm the new social media and customer support person over at Xring I'm here to help with and questions you may have. feel free to reach out to me most times ill be available during normal business hours at Xring Tuesday - Sunday

Thank you
Wayne

keielement

Re: X-ring customer service and social media support
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2021, 05:27:37 PM »

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Q

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2021, 06:56:12 PM »
Aloha everyone

My name is Wayne I'm the new social media and customer support person over at Xring I'm here to help with and questions you may have. feel free to reach out to me most times ill be available during normal business hours at Xring Tuesday - Sunday

Thank you
Wayne

Hi Wayne,

Back when the range was being developed and needed support from the community, the owners (and/or offspring of the owners) made a claim to those who wrote support letters to the bank that if they did so, they would be compensated in some way to show their appreciation (with many thinking that this would be in the form of a discount on range memberships). Fast forward to when the range finally opened, and that promise was not honored.

Does Xring still plan to honor that promise for those who supported the range?

oldfart

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2021, 08:16:22 PM »
Yeah....I live 2 minutes away and never shot there.
I know a lot of shooters but I don't know a single person who goes there.
What, Me Worry?

Inspector

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2021, 01:57:03 AM »
Aloha everyone

Thank you
Wayne
Hi Wayne,

I too was promised a discount on a yearly membership if I wrote a letter on behalf of the owners. And the promise was never fulfilled. So I stopped patronizing the store and I never went to the range to shoot. I lived less than 10 minutes from your store/range. I spent a lot of money there and purchased several high dollar items from X-Ring prior to the range being built. Also, when they first opened the store they stated they were going to support us reloaders but within the first 6 months to a year they stopped carrying reloading supplies. When the store first started carrying safes, free delivery was offered on the purchase of any safe of a certain price or higher. The free delivery was offered up for a month. Less than a week later your store also ran a 10% off all safes promotion for a simultaneous period. I went down and promptly bought a large safe. And the free delivery was not given. When I inquired why they told me I could have the discount OR free delivery but not both. Yet nothing about this was ever mentioned in the advertising. That is quite misleading and deceptive to advertise both free delivery and a 10% discount at the same time but never state that they were mutually exclusive.

I have since moved from the islands so I no longer have a vested interest in patronizing your store/range. But I thought you should know some of the history prior to your starting with them. Good luck with your new position. I only hope the best for all local businesses.  :shaka:
SCIENCE THAT CAN’T BE QUESTIONED IS PROPAGANDA!!!

oldfart

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2021, 06:46:06 AM »
Wayne,

The management clearly had a business model that did not embrace local hobbyists.
I suspect that unless that position changes, the bulk of the people in this forum will not be customers.
Certainly not me.
What, Me Worry?

changemyoil66

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2021, 11:18:17 AM »
Is X-Ring going to help the 2a cause by submitting any testimony for anti 2a bills in HI?  I don't recall seeing any X-Ring letterhead or anyone on behalf of X-Ring submitting online this year.  And I do skim thru the 1100 pages of testimony for SB301 (semi auto rifle ban, but now a rifle mag ban)

I refuse to spend $ in any shop that doesn't help the cause.  There are a few exceptions though due to friends working/owning the shop.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2021, 11:27:38 AM by changemyoil66 »

spicynoodle_1

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2021, 10:46:38 AM »
Boy, Wayne had no idea what he was getting into...

Nostayhome

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2021, 11:26:57 AM »

😂 Seeing that Wayne last logged on yesterday, I can only assume he’s avoiding this thread.
Not doing a very good job at customer relations or social media support.

changemyoil66

« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2021, 12:23:42 PM »
😂 Seeing that Wayne last logged on yesterday, I can only assume he’s avoiding this thread.
Not doing a very good job at customer relations or social media support.

But did he ask the boss for their side of the story? He also didn't respond to a question on the HIFICO FB page.

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2021, 01:50:51 PM »
I think the ship sailed a long time ago on that whole "consideration for writing on our behalf" thing.  Bringing it up as if it'll finally be made good on is a valid gripe, but it's not going to be fixed -- ever.  Too much time has elapsed.

I'm more against the high range membership fees on top of the high prices and limitations.

I said from the beginning when they reneged on the promise that I would not be surprised if they gouged the paying customers in order to give cheap/free privileges to their friends and family -- and themselves.  I have no evidence this is what they are doing, but at those prices, I'm sure they have plenty of under utilized range times where someone they decide can shoot without the high cost. 

Hell, it would be nice to have my own range so I can shoot with my family and closest friends whenever I wanted.  But paying for that range by jacking up prices for everyone else?  Nah.

They have 2 "subscriptions" each with paid in advance and "per month" pricing.

Unlimited Shooting Subscription…………………….$49 per month (with 12 month subscription)
Unlimited Shooting Subscription…………………….$69 per month (month-to-month)
Black Label Shooting Subscription…………………….$79 per month (with 12 month subscription)
Black Label Shooting Subscription…………………….$99 per month (month-to-month)

The Unlimited comes to $588/year paid in one installment, and $828/year paid in 12 installments.
The Black Label comes to $948/year in one installment, and $1,188/year paid monthly for 12 months.

Unlimited indoor shooting has never been more fun and affordable! Our unlimited shooting
subscriptions take the worry out of paying ala carte for range time and put the focus back on
shooting.

Our Unlimited Monthly subscription features unlimited use of our Smart Retriever Paper Target
lanes and complimentary use of our basic handgun and rifle rentals.

Our Black Label Monthly subscription allows for complimentary rentals of both our basic firearms
selection and our Black Label firearms selection.

Of course, we also offer a DAY-RATE membership for those visiting the islands or who simply
wish to try the range out for a day

Then, there's the "membership" fee:

Become a lifetime member only $29.99 one time fee.

Members Discounts!
Sign our waiver once per year
Free range time on your birthday
Range Online Reservation
Rapid Fire / Holster Draw Licensing System
One-Stop Shop

Seems like they want your money up front, paid annually or monthly, then want more when you decide to go, since you have to use (buy) their ammo and targets.

No outside ammunition and target authorized (If you don't use it all and leave with it, you can't being it back to use another time)
No more than 2 shooters per lane
Firearm Instructors are prohibited from instructing on X-Ring range, unless they are a certified X-Ring instructor

I guess I'm spoiled by other ranges I visited elsewhere.  Free basic membership, $5-$10 per hour for range use -- usually only got charged for one hour no matter how long, bring your own ammo, cheap prices for targets, and if you need ammo, it was competitively priced with other outlets.  On certain holidays, Veterans, were offered free range use.

I always expect to leave my used brass, which helps defray some of their cost.

Anyway, it is what it is.  I will continue to voice my opinion with my wallet.  If they want my money, they will have to offer a more affordable option than their current subscriptions. 

It would be cool to see them offer free practice time (and individual assistance?) for young teens, women and over 55 year olds, since these are the groups who usually are most in need of firearms for self defense if the need ever arises.  Just a thought. 
« Last Edit: April 01, 2021, 10:34:41 PM by Flapp_Jackson »
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

changemyoil66

« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2021, 11:59:44 AM »
Don't forget if you want to draw from a holster, you have to take 1 of their $100+ classes first and be certified.  At another range, you don't have to. They just watch you for a first few minutes to make sure you're safe.

How much and how often do people go to that range on a regular basis where paying the daily range fee is more expensive than paying $49 (12mo) a month for $69 a month to month?

Due to cost of range ammo,  preCOVID prices, I would only go to another range like 2x a year, which would to practice CCW draw before a trip since KHSC doesn't allow it.  And only shoot 1 box ammo ($26).  The range fee was $15.

Inspector

« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2021, 12:35:35 PM »
Don't forget if you want to draw from a holster, you have to take 1 of their $100+ classes first and be certified.  At another range, you don't have to. They just watch you for a first few minutes to make sure you're safe.

How much and how often do people go to that range on a regular basis where paying the daily range fee is more expensive than paying $49 (12mo) a month for $69 a month to month?

Due to cost of range ammo,  preCOVID prices, I would only go to another range like 2x a year, which would to practice CCW draw before a trip since KHSC doesn't allow it.  And only shoot 1 box ammo ($26).  The range fee was $15.
The range near me charges $5 one time for the holster certification. One hundred dollars is a ridiculous price. IMHO
SCIENCE THAT CAN’T BE QUESTIONED IS PROPAGANDA!!!

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2021, 10:41:00 PM »

Depending on your needs, waiting to practice drawing for CCW when you arrive at your travel destination might be a better option. 

When I travel, I like to arrive the morning before I need to be somewhere if possible (red-eye flights normally get me to Vegas around 7-9AM).  Gives me a buffer if my flight/s get delayed, and offers time to do a few things, like go to a range for an hour or two and do some shopping for essentials.

Just a thought.
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

aieahound

« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2021, 12:33:08 PM »
What happened to Speedy ?

stangzilla

« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2021, 03:01:31 PM »
What happened to Speedy ?

i think he has been gone from X ring for a while.  i think years.  i haven't gone to x ring in years

QUIETShooter

« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2021, 04:48:52 PM »

I don't think fielding past grievances from unhappy potential customers was on his mind or if he knew even existed.

The 2a community is close knit and it would behoove this gentleman to get familiar with what happened in the past then get with his boss and figure a way to make amends.

Unless their market plan was to appeal to the new and the clueless and thought they were present here on the 2a forum.

Sometimes you gotta know when to save your bullets.

changemyoil66

« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2021, 12:53:08 PM »

Unless their market plan was to appeal to the new and the clueless and thought they were present here on the 2a forum.

BINGO

changemyoil66

« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2021, 12:54:26 PM »
Depending on your needs, waiting to practice drawing for CCW when you arrive at your travel destination might be a better option. 

When I travel, I like to arrive the morning before I need to be somewhere if possible (red-eye flights normally get me to Vegas around 7-9AM).  Gives me a buffer if my flight/s get delayed, and offers time to do a few things, like go to a range for an hour or two and do some shopping for essentials.

Just a thought.

Good idea, cause we usually go shooting full auto stuff anyway on the day we land.  1 time we planned to go a few days after arriving, but I was down $2K and didn't feel like burning money.  So now we shoot the 1st day.