Broken Window = Active Shooter? Neighborhood Board (Read 731 times)

zippz

Re: Broken Window = Active Shooter? Neighborhood Board
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2024, 09:42:07 AM »
It's odd that they're freaked out by a broken window.  Got choke broken windows in town and kalihi.  It's like they never had to deal with a homeless person before.

I'm trying to figure out how to get through to these people using this.

Take them out to the shooting range.  Do a tour of these areas at 1am with each member individually.  Bring in a whole bunch of homeless and addicts to the neighborhood board meeting.
Join the Hawaii Firearms Coalition at www.hifico.org.  Hawaii's new non-profit gun rights organization focused on lobbying and grassroots activism.

Hawaii Shooting Calendar - https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=practicalmarksman.com_btllod1boifgpp8dcjnbnruhso%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Pacific/Honolulu

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2024, 09:55:08 AM »
ANALYSIS:

I've noticed PTSD has become the mental health disability du jour lately.  Saw several cop body cams of people claiming PTSD when getting cuffed and stuffed.  Also saw a squatter use the same "diagnosis'" in an interview.

It's quite possible the "trauma" in these people's PTSD is due to the flood of violence and insanity going viral on a daily basis.  Regardless of their news sources, all of the prominent news outlets jump on the same stories as soon as they happen.  it's almost impossible to escape the negative reports.

So, while i think trauma should be isolated to physical trauma or ones physical proximity to an event (like when my apartment complex was leveled in a gas explosion), it could be more and more are experiencing a type of PTSD just from absorbing the traumatic events in the news and their empathetic nature allows those events to affect them mentally.

CONCLUSION:

The result?  Loud noises of any kind may trigger PTSD so the worst possible scenario flashes through their mind.  Therefore, it's understandable that for some the sound of a broken window can be just as frightening as the sound of gunfire.

It's not rational, but most mental illnesses aren't.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2024, 10:46:35 AM by Flapp_Jackson »
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

changemyoil66

« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2024, 11:32:50 AM »

Take them out to the shooting range.  Do a tour of these areas at 1am with each member individually.  Bring in a whole bunch of homeless and addicts to the neighborhood board meeting.

Take these sheltered people to Chinatown at anytime of the day. 

zippz

« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2024, 11:55:33 AM »
ANALYSIS:

I've noticed PTSD has become the mental health disability du jour lately.  Saw several cop body cams of people claiming PTSD when getting cuffed and stuffed.  Also saw a squatter use the same "diagnosis'" in an interview.

It's quite possible the "trauma" in these people's PTSD is due to the flood of violence and insanity going viral on a daily basis.  Regardless of their news sources, all of the prominent news outlets jump on the same stories as soon as they happen.  it's almost impossible to escape the negative reports.

So, while i think trauma should be isolated to physical trauma or ones physical proximity to an event (like when my apartment complex was leveled in a gas explosion), it could be more and more are experiencing a type of PTSD just from absorbing the traumatic events in the news and their empathetic nature allows those events to affect them mentally.

CONCLUSION:

The result?  Loud noises of any kind may trigger PTSD so the worst possible scenario flashes through their mind.  Therefore, it's understandable that for some the sound of a broken window can be just as frightening as the sound of gunfire.

It's not rational, but most mental illnesses aren't.

This fits my mom.  She watches a lot of TV and news, and is terrified to go outside at night even in the good neighborhoods and with other people.  She jumps and gets startled for every little thing.
Join the Hawaii Firearms Coalition at www.hifico.org.  Hawaii's new non-profit gun rights organization focused on lobbying and grassroots activism.

Hawaii Shooting Calendar - https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=practicalmarksman.com_btllod1boifgpp8dcjnbnruhso%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Pacific/Honolulu

QUIETShooter

« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2024, 01:07:26 PM »
The information age has it's drawbacks.

Going get worse.  When AI kicks in full time.  The BS, photo shopped, and half-truths will be nothing compared to it.

The ability to instill fear and anxiety is power.
Sometimes you gotta know when to save your bullets.

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2024, 01:40:54 PM »
The information age has it's drawbacks.

Going get worse.  When AI kicks in full time.  The BS, photo shopped, and half-truths will be nothing compared to it.

The ability to instill fear and anxiety is power.

That's why we have the senile Resident.

Fear of Trump.

Fear of the pandemic.

Fear of "White supremacists".

Fear of guns.

Fear of whatever else is going viral this week.
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

hvybarrels

« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2024, 04:13:06 PM »
It’s the most popular mind control technique for a reason
“Wars happen when the government tells you who the enemy is. Revolutions happen when you figure it out for yourselves.”