Comrade Mayor Rick is the reason for CCW delays (Read 1216 times)

changemyoil66

Comrade Mayor Rick is the reason for CCW delays
« on: April 16, 2024, 07:30:53 AM »
He said at a Townhall meeting in Wahiawa that he told Logan to be aggressive with approving CCW's.  He also states that "we're following the Bruen ruling".

ren

Re: Comrade Mayor Rick is the reason for CCW delays
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2024, 11:17:46 AM »
aggressive in approving or denying?
Deeds Not Words

QUIETShooter

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2024, 11:25:35 AM »
In my opinion, be aggressive as much as possible in delaying the approval process.
Sometimes you gotta know when to save your bullets.

hvybarrels

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2024, 11:29:30 AM »

You really have to ask?
“Wars happen when the government tells you who the enemy is. Revolutions happen when you figure it out for yourselves.”

ren

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2024, 12:02:41 PM »
You really have to ask?
There's a chance. Very small but it is there.
Deeds Not Words

changemyoil66

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2024, 01:27:38 PM »

For denying.  Basically, look for any reason and make the applicant jump thru hoops to prove they're OK to CCW. Even though, they already own guns.

QUIETShooter

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2024, 01:56:25 PM »
The mayor just wants to make sure the mantra "When seconds count, HPD is just minutes, or maybe hours away......" will live on forever.
Sometimes you gotta know when to save your bullets.

ren

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2024, 02:50:05 PM »
Does the Mayor have a security detail? Does he CCW? Lead by example. If Honolulu is so safe that he feels no one should be able to defend themselves he should heed to that as well.
Deeds Not Words

macsak

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2024, 03:22:42 PM »
he claimed to be "intimidated" by me, when he was in a room with 10-12 officers and his whole cabinet behind him
so i doubt he was carrying if he was scared of me when i'm less than half his size...

Does the Mayor have a security detail? Does he CCW? Lead by example. If Honolulu is so safe that he feels no one should be able to defend themselves he should heed to that as well.

ren

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2024, 03:41:07 PM »
he claimed to be "intimidated" by me, when he was in a room with 10-12 officers and his whole cabinet behind him
so i doubt he was carrying if he was scared of me when i'm less than half his size...

SFODD DDS have mad skills
Deeds Not Words

macsak

« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2024, 04:48:06 PM »
But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you...

SFODD DDS have mad skills

changemyoil66

« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2024, 05:29:08 PM »
But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you...

To gingavites.

zippz

« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2024, 11:02:47 PM »
Watch the video

https://www.youtube.com/live/W9isk7CACvg?t=6491

It's supposed to be the Government's burden to prove a person is disqualified from owning a firearm.

Mayor says public safety is #1.  Sounds like interest balancing.
Join the Hawaii Firearms Coalition at www.hifico.org.  Hawaii's new non-profit gun rights organization focused on lobbying and grassroots activism.

Hawaii Shooting Calendar - https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=practicalmarksman.com_btllod1boifgpp8dcjnbnruhso%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Pacific/Honolulu

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2024, 07:25:14 AM »
Watch the video

https://www.youtube.com/live/W9isk7CACvg?t=6491

It's supposed to be the Government's burden to prove a person is disqualified from owning a firearm.

Mayor says public safety is #1.  Sounds like interest balancing.

Maybe I'm being too sensitive, but Rick sounds like a 100% no-question-about-it gun-hating Democrat who's using "Hawaiian Culture" (i.e Aloha Spirit) to justify ignoring the rights of individuals to provide for their own safety without depending on government.

I didn't grow up in Hawaii, so I guess I'm part of the gun culture in the US.  Rick seems to believe I should abandon MY culture and adopt HIS simply because he believes it increases safety.  What happens when someone born and raised in HI travels and/or moves to the mainland because they can't afford it here?  They will be ill prepared for self defense because the wonderful people running HI decided they don't need to be able to carry or use a firearm.  The Aloha Spirit won't protect them at all.  Not everyone has the option of living on these tiny islands in the middle of the Pacific from cradle to grave where Big Brother pretends to keep them safe.  Even while traveling out of state for work or pleasure, HI residents deserve the right to prepare for whatever potential threats they may encounter. 

Rick has a pretty narrow view of life, liberty and safety in general.
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

defend_hawaii

« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2024, 09:00:47 AM »
I submitted my application in the first week in January, with everything that was needed being the new year.  HPD officer that is conducting the CCW applications called me first week of March, and told me my background check was done and good.  He said the next step was to get signed off by the Chief of police  Its been almost 45 days since my background check was good, and still nothing. I just called HPD firearms division to follow up. Talk about a waste of 7 minutes, listening to long winded prompts only to be told sit and wait from the automated voice.  This tyrant police chief is a joke, just like the politicians over here.

hvybarrels

« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2024, 09:19:02 AM »
I submitted my application in the first week in January, with everything that was needed being the new year.  HPD officer that is conducting the CCW applications called me first week of March, and told me my background check was done and good.  He said the next step was to get signed off by the Chief of police  Its been almost 45 days since my background check was good, and still nothing. I just called HPD firearms division to follow up. Talk about a waste of 7 minutes, listening to long winded prompts only to be told sit and wait from the automated voice.  This tyrant police chief is a joke, just like the politicians over here.

Gosh I wonder why there's so many illegal guns everywhere  ???
“Wars happen when the government tells you who the enemy is. Revolutions happen when you figure it out for yourselves.”

changemyoil66

« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2024, 09:21:44 AM »

Remember that after 120 days, it's an automatic denial and you will have to pay another $150 to reapply, take another shooting qualification too.

defend_hawaii

« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2024, 12:42:28 AM »
Remember that after 120 days, it's an automatic denial and you will have to pay another $150 to reapply, take another shooting qualification too.
I just read the law.  It states if its an incomplete application after 120 days its dead.  Could find anything else besides that.  Am I missing something? 🤙
« Last Edit: April 18, 2024, 02:03:02 AM by defend_hawaii »

Motorman

« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2024, 06:36:22 AM »
I just read the law.  It states if its an incomplete application after 120 days its dead.  Could find anything else besides that.  Am I missing something? 🤙

Correct. If the application is incomplete, i.e. multiple attempts have been made to contact the applicant to provide missing documentation/information with no result.

The 120 days does not apply if your application is complete and not missing anything.

changemyoil66

« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2024, 11:25:08 AM »
Correct. If the application is incomplete, i.e. multiple attempts have been made to contact the applicant to provide missing documentation/information with no result.

The 120 days does not apply if your application is complete and not missing anything.
We hope this is what HPD abides by.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk