Improve KHSC petition (Read 15026 times)

aieahound

Improve KHSC petition
« on: March 30, 2016, 10:46:43 PM »
I don't have any idea how to do this stuff, but I figured I'd at least take a shot.

Started a petition at Change.org to improve Kokohead.

https://www.change.org/p/kirk-caldwell-improve-the-kokohead-shooting-complex

Comments on how this won't work are welcome as long as you sign the petition before commenting.
If you don't sign the petition then you're part of the problem and your comments should go in a different thread.
( Dang, I sound like Daniel from KGS )

Even if you don't post on the forum or are just a lurker please sign the petition.
We should get over 2000 signatures as we have over 3000 members and way more lurkers and by word of mouth.

If someone knows a better way to do an online petition please advise or take the wheel as I'm flying by the seat of my pants.
We need to get the Mayor and City Council to stop ignoring us and we should have the numbers.

This petition and any suggestions for improvements should include shotgunners, action bay guys, rifle range and pistol guys, heck even archery folk.
It's all inclusive

Madosi

Re: Improve KHSC petition
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2016, 10:52:24 PM »
Signed

zippz

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2016, 11:17:51 PM »
We have to come up with a plan on what type of improvements we want for Koko Head.  Renovations?  safety?  changes to the range?  new structures?  cost & how to pay for it?  They're going to want to know that stuff.  Or else they'll just do what they did the last time like add an awning or something.
Join the Hawaii Firearms Coalition at www.hifico.org.  Hawaii's new non-profit gun rights organization focused on lobbying and grassroots activism.

Hawaii Shooting Calendar - https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=practicalmarksman.com_btllod1boifgpp8dcjnbnruhso%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Pacific/Honolulu

zippz

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2016, 11:33:02 PM »
I'll work on a flyer and posters, try and get em posted for this weekend.
Join the Hawaii Firearms Coalition at www.hifico.org.  Hawaii's new non-profit gun rights organization focused on lobbying and grassroots activism.

Hawaii Shooting Calendar - https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=practicalmarksman.com_btllod1boifgpp8dcjnbnruhso%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Pacific/Honolulu

OpenCarryHawaii

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2016, 05:03:16 AM »
Done.
In God we trust.
Legalize the Constitution!

edster48

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2016, 05:19:57 AM »
We have to come up with a plan on what type of improvements we want for Koko Head.  Renovations?  safety?  changes to the range?  new structures?  cost & how to pay for it?  They're going to want to know that stuff.  Or else they'll just do what they did the last time like add an awning or something.

Renovations, we deserve it. Look at what's going on in other parks, vandalism and disrespect for the facilities, even burning down the bathrooms. That gets put in the budget and repaired, eventually.

The state of the range is sad, especially for what is one of the most heavily used facilities in the state. 40-50 year old structures that fail in a stiff wind, drinking fountains, excuse me, fountain, hooked up to a garden hose, decrepit bathrooms, and let's not forget the lovely weed landscaping.

The sad part is our community actually cares, and tries to take care of what little we have. Again, we deserve better.

How about these improvements for a start:

1. Rifle range improvements to bring back the 200 and 300 yard lines, with improved safety and noise mitigation to help keep the neighbors surrounding us happy and safe.

2. Pistol range improvements to allow for shorter shooting distances, to help novice shooters and those that want to practice at more realistic pistol distances.

3. Renovate the disgustingly bad existing bathroom, and add one for the action bay side.

4. Drinking fountains, refrigerated. One for each action bay, the skeet and trap areas, and 4 for the pistol, rifle and silhouette ranges.

5. Replace the old rotting outbuildings at the skeet and trap ranges with modern steel "warehouse" type structures that will stand up to the elements.

6. Some type of "control" structure for each action bay, or at least something to provide some shade.

7. A multi use, air conditioned building, on a portion of the vastly under used grass area at the center of the range to include classrooms for firearms instruction { these can be rented out to provide income } office facilities for range personnel, and a snack bar concession.

8. Some type of shade structure for the archery range and some decent targets.

9. Landscape and improve the remaining ares to allow for more parking, lighting, and ease of maintenance.

Any body know someone that can come up with conceptual drawings?

Did I miss anything?

Always be yourself.
Unless you can be a pirate.
Then always be a pirate.

stangzilla

jimsaloha

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2016, 08:20:42 AM »
Done

ren

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2016, 08:34:42 AM »
I think that if more tourists use it - then it will get more attention and prioritization.
The existence of the range is in opposition by HK and is evident by a Youtube video about the archery range's fence. I guess "they" don't understand the safety of adding a fence  :crazy:
Deeds Not Words

zippz

« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2016, 09:46:03 AM »
I think that if more tourists use it - then it will get more attention and prioritization.
The existence of the range is in opposition by HK and is evident by a Youtube video about the archery range's fence. I guess "they" don't understand the safety of adding a fence  :crazy:

What was the story behind that?  They didn't want something constructed that could be viewed from the road?

If we add safety improvements, then they'll be less for HK to complain about.

aieahound

« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2016, 10:00:58 AM »
Uphill battle boys but hold the line.
And we NEED numbers.
Not just us 2A members but anyone and everyone you know.
Hunters, shotgunners, action bay guys, old timers, newbies, archers....we need to unite.
Kokohead is just the first cause then it's 2A rights.
But we need a cause to get unification.

Just my opinion.

macsak

« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2016, 10:06:02 AM »
Uphill battle boys but hold the line.
And we NEED numbers.
Not just us 2A members but anyone and everyone you know.
Hunters, shotgunners, action bay guys, old timers, newbies, archers....we need to unite.
Kokohead is just the first cause then it's 2A rights.
But we need a cause to get unification.

Just my opinion.

i saw this morning the petition got posted to fb on one of the classified pages

ren

« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2016, 10:29:14 AM »
What was the story behind that?  They didn't want something constructed that could be viewed from the road?

If we add safety improvements, then they'll be less for HK to complain about.

the hypocrisy. A couple years later "they" complained about the bullets an hence we have baffles on the roof and no metal gongs after 100 yards.
Even with fences some hikers ignored them and proceeded to walk across the range on a few occasions.
Deeds Not Words

Rocky

« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2016, 12:10:18 PM »
Done  :shaka:
“I ask you to judge me by the enemies I have made.”
                                                           Franklin D. Roosevelt

All_rice

« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2016, 05:06:30 PM »
Done, and sent mass email to friends.
Land of the free, because of the Brave!

whynow?

« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2016, 05:58:34 PM »
Done.

CTVP9

« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2016, 02:32:35 PM »
Done :thumbsup:
If you're failing to plan, then you're planning to fail.

aieahound

« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2016, 09:02:04 PM »
Up to 123 supporters
Keep it going.  :thumbsup:

zippz

« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2016, 07:02:30 AM »
I made a sign.  Comments and suggestions.

What is the official name for the range?  Koko Head Shooting Range or Shooting Complex?
« Last Edit: April 14, 2016, 01:05:25 PM by zippz »

Jl808

« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2016, 08:17:40 AM »
It looks really good, zippz! 

I believe the official name is Koko Head Shooting Complex
http://khsc.info/
I think, therefore I am armed.
NRA Life Patron member, HRA Life member, HiFiCo Life Member, HDF member

The United States Constitution © 1791. All Rights Reserved.