NRA-ILA Hawaii: Anti-Gun Bill Scheduled for Conference Committee Hearing Tomorrow (Read 4347 times)

Jl808

Tomorrow, April 20, Senate Bill 2954 has been scheduled for a conference committee meeting at 9:00am.  Please click the “Take Action” button below to contact the members of the conference committee in opposition to this misguided bill!

SB 2954 would expand the existing registration requirement and input law-abiding Hawaii gun owners into a federal biometric database, managed by the FBI, for continuous monitoring, and could be in violation of your Fourth Amendment rights.  Positive hits in this system have not necessarily been adjudicated and could cause issues with an individual’s ability to exercise their constitutional rights.  Additionally, this could result in a potential fee increase and cost gun owners more than what is already required in Hawaii due to the cost associated with adding individuals into this biometric database.

Take Action!
https://act.nraila.org/composeletters.aspx?AlertID=185

Once again, please click the “Take Action” button above to contact the conference committee with your opposition to this bill!
I think, therefore I am armed.
NRA Life Patron member, HRA Life member, HiFiCo Life Member, HDF member

The United States Constitution © 1791. All Rights Reserved.

Jl808

Hawaii Rifle Association
State Affiliate of the National Rifle Association - Founded in 1857

April 19 2016

Senate Bill, SB 2954, Rapback, is scheduled for a Conference Committee meeting tomorrow, Wednesday, April 20, at 9 a.m. The bill results in increased fees, a loss of privacy, constant monitoring, and a possible violation of the federal Firearms Owners Act of 1986.  Please contact the Conference Committee members and ask them to oppose the bill:  Representatives Rhoads, Chair; San Buenaventura, McDermott and Senators Nishihara, Chair; Keith-Agaran, Co-Chair; Slom.

Clicking on the link to the NRA website and then clicking on the Take Action button is an easy way to contact all of the Conference Committee members with one message:

https://www.nraila.org/articles/20160419/hawaii-anti-gun-bill-scheduled-for-conference-committee-hearing-tomorrow

Or, you can contact each Conference Committee member directly, the website below provides legislator contact information:

http://www.capitol.hawaii.gov/members/legislators.aspx?chamber=all

MAHALO
HARVEY GERWIG, LEGISLATIVE LIAISON and PRESIDENT, HRA
EMAIL:  HGHAWAII@GMAIL.COM,    PHONE:  (808) 306-7194

bass monkey

jimsaloha

TangoDown808

The Honorable Della Au Belatti
Hawaii State Capitol, Room 426
415 South Beretania Street
Honolulu, HI 96813

So is this where we can show up ?? I want to hear it in person and actually voice an opinion..

Jl808

So is this where we can show up ?? I want to hear it in person and actually voice an opinion..

No... the legislative website lists conference committee meeting scheduled for 04-20-16 9:00AM in conference room 312.

http://capitol.hawaii.gov/measure_indiv.aspx?billtype=SB&billnumber=2954&year=2016

Also, HB2632 has been scheduled for a conference committee meeting the following day.

S 4/19/2016: Conference committee meeting scheduled for 04-21-16 8:30AM in conference room 312.
HB2632 HD2 SD2   Firearms Disqualification; Mental Illness; Police   
RELATING TO FIREARMS.   Requires firearms owners who have been disqualified from owning a firearm and ammunition due to a diagnosis of significant behavioral, emotional, or mental disorder or for treatment for organic brain syndromes, or due to emergency or involuntary hospitalization, to immediately surrender their firearms and ammunition to the Chief of Police. Requires the chief of police to seize firearms and ammunition if a disqualified individual fails to surrender the firearms and ammunition and the person receives notice of disqualification. (SD2)

asinapple8805

The Conference Committees do not take testimony.

The most that you'll ever see happen is watching people stand up as their form of voicing their opposition or support for the legislation.  I remember that they would regularly bus in a bunch of AARP people in red shirts to fill the seats.

As a side note, i remember sitting next to and talking story with Branscombe Richmond once at a Conference Committee.  We were talking about his role in Renegade.  That man is massive.  I have some pretty big hands, but they were completely engulfed by Branscombe's meat mittens when we shook.

Jl808

Hawaii Rifle Association
State Affiliate of the National Rifle Association - Founded in 1857
April 20, 2016

House Bill, HB 2632, Emergency hospitalization requiring removal of firearms, is scheduled for a Conference Committee meeting tomorrow, Thursday, April 21, at 8:30 a.m. The bill results in immediate removal of an individuals firearms for any emergency hospitalization.  Please contact the Conference Committee members and ask them to oppose the bill:  Representatives Belatti/Rhoads, Co-Chairs; C. Lee, Ward and Senators Nishihara, Chair; Keith-Agaran, Co-Chair; Espero.

Clicking on the link to the NRA website and then clicking on the Take Action button is an easy way to contact all of the Conference Committee members with one message:
https://www.nraila.org/articles/20160420/hawaii-anti-gun-bills-moving-through-conference-committee-process

Or, you can contact each Conference Committee member directly, the website below provides legislator contact information:
 http://www.capitol.hawaii.gov/members/legislators.aspx?chamber=all

Senate Bill, SB 2954, Rapback was heard in Conference Committee today.  The Senate Conference Managers (Senators Nishihara, Keith-Agaran,Espero) recommended that the Senate agree to the House amendments.

MAHALO,
HARVEY GERWIG, LEGISLATIVE LIAISON and PRESIDENT, HRA
EMAIL:  HGHAWAII@GMAIL.COM,    PHONE:  (808) 306-7194

Gordyf

Took Action!
A great feature!
Aloha
Gordy