Poll

If you had the chance right now, would you take a covid vaccine shot?

yes
25.9%
no
74.1%
Total Members Voted

Voting closed: February 28, 2021, 10:10:49 AM

Would You Take The Vaccine? yes-no? (Read 15651 times)

Flapp_Jackson

Re: Would You Take The Vaccine? yes-no?
« Reply #40 on: February 23, 2021, 11:11:14 AM »
big pharma and TDS held back hydroxychloroquine since march 2020 and ivermectin since summer ...

Dr. Fauci said this week that political division slowed the treatment and prevention of COVID.  What you said is a good example that what he said was true (for once), although I have a feeling he was talking more about policy than medicine.

If it didn't come with a big pay cut, I would have expected Biden to make Fauci Surgeon General.   :crazy:
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

Kuleana

« Reply #41 on: February 23, 2021, 11:38:40 AM »
big pharma and TDS held back hydroxychloroquine since march 2020 and ivermectin since summer ...
Seems like they called in all favors with the stooges, on their payroll that they had in the government to delay such treatments, until they could solidify the contracts for their vaccines, first.  Now that they got those contracts signed, all the non-vaccine research and treatments are allowed to proceed.

More evidence how the ultrawealthy controls things, at the expense, of their cattle subject citizens, in the US empire.

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #42 on: February 23, 2021, 12:09:33 PM »
Seems like they called in all favors with the stooges, on their payroll that they had in the government to delay such treatments, until they could solidify the contracts for their vaccines, first.  Now that they got those contracts signed, all the non-vaccine research and treatments are allowed to proceed.

More evidence how the ultrawealthy controls things, at the expense, of their cattle subject citizens, in the US empire.

New drugs bring higher prices due to patents and the justification of recouping R&D and Testing expenses.

Trying to just increase production of already existing drugs that have outlived their patents is a horrible money-making proposition, especially if generics are on the market.

Geesh!  Think of the drug companies' executives!  They have to get their investments in before the market crashes!
-- Melvin Udall

macsak

« Reply #43 on: February 23, 2021, 12:18:08 PM »

the people i have been following on youtube and twitter since january have been saying from the start- do randomly controlled studies on ALL drugs, and see what works. there are dozens of drugs, from anti-androgens to anti-depressants, antibiotics to antiparasitics, and many others that are shown to have at least some efficacy
HCQ/zinc/azithromycin from the start was shown to be huge, and ivermectin is even better

@covid19crusher on twitter is a leader in reporting on these...
@covid19critical on twitter is the team of doctors that came up with the protocols the FDA and WHO are ignoring

omnigun

« Reply #44 on: February 23, 2021, 12:32:13 PM »
Why "treat" covid when you can vaccinate....
« Last Edit: February 23, 2021, 12:44:35 PM by omnigun »

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #45 on: February 23, 2021, 12:35:24 PM »
Why "treat" covid when you can vacinate....

Is that a synonym for "vaccinate?"

We can't eradicate a virus in a few months.  That takes decades, and isn't always possible.

Are you suggesting we stop treating those infected with COVID just because a vaccination exists?
-- Melvin Udall

macsak

« Reply #46 on: February 23, 2021, 12:37:34 PM »
Why "treat" covid when you can vacinate....

ivermectin works as a prophylactic, hcq/azithromycin/zinc (and can add ivermectin) can prevent worsening disease if giving stat after a positive test
this has been know since spring/summer, you know, before there was a vaccine
would have saved hundreds of thousands of lives...

what is "vacinate"?

omnigun

« Reply #47 on: February 23, 2021, 12:45:55 PM »
ivermectin works as a prophylactic, hcq/azithromycin/zinc (and can add ivermectin) can prevent worsening disease if giving stat after a positive test
this has been know since spring/summer, you know, before there was a vaccine
would have saved hundreds of thousands of lives...

what is "vacinate"?

Sure let's get a time machine.   Cause we found some stuff that might work.   I would have bought more tesla and bitcoin.  Hindsight is 20/20.   What if they introduced treatments that didn't work and killed people?

ren

« Reply #48 on: February 23, 2021, 12:51:53 PM »
So I see the fucking douchebag can't explain so he deflects. If you can't backup shit then shut the fuck up and listen to a person who is closer to science and reality than you are you pissant
Deeds Not Words

omnigun

« Reply #49 on: February 23, 2021, 12:53:24 PM »
So I see the fucking douchebag can't explain so he deflects. If you can't backup shit then shut the fuck up and listen to a person who is closer to science and reality

Reality is that you don't yolo recommend treatments without testing.  No time machines.   We don't even fully understand covid yet. 

macsak

« Reply #50 on: February 23, 2021, 12:55:01 PM »

Sure let's get a time machine.   Cause we found some stuff that might work.   I would have bought more tesla and bitcoin.  Hindsight is 20/20.   What if they introduced treatments that didn't work and killed people?

dude, they wouldn't even do rct's to find out!
please, just stop...

macsak

« Reply #51 on: February 23, 2021, 12:55:43 PM »
Reality is that you don't yolo recommend treatments without testing.  No time machines.   We don't even fully understand covid yet.

reality is that you should just stop...

macsak

« Reply #52 on: February 23, 2021, 12:56:17 PM »
So I see the fucking douchebag can't explain so he deflects. If you can't backup shit then shut the fuck up and listen to a person who is closer to science and reality than you are you pissant

#notarealdoctor

ren

« Reply #53 on: February 23, 2021, 01:00:12 PM »

What fucking planet are you from?
Deeds Not Words

drck1000

« Reply #54 on: February 23, 2021, 01:26:29 PM »
why do you folks continue to entertain the slfr?   ???

robtmc

« Reply #55 on: February 28, 2021, 06:41:52 PM »
why do you folks continue to entertain the slfr?   ???
Dunno what a slfr is, but get the gist.

Good question, considering it is just another millennial full of publik skool self esteem. 
Out to humiliate all those wrong thinking knuckledraggers.  Some, veterans, even.
No worry, they have been instructed that those are the most dangerous and stupid.
Good for lots of licks and looks on their social masturbation websites.That is all that matters to the children.....
« Last Edit: February 28, 2021, 07:17:42 PM by robtmc »

RSN172

« Reply #56 on: March 16, 2021, 06:30:03 AM »
2oz of Visine in 8 oz of water and you will never get sick again.

WARNING: DON’T DO IT, even though the above statement is true.

MauiAxis

« Reply #57 on: March 31, 2021, 05:41:22 AM »
I was fortunate enough to get the vaccine.  After completing both doses, i am on the mainland for a while, hunting turkeys and visiting family and friends.  The vaccine is like the golden ticket!  Yes, its possible I could still get infected .01% of vaccinated folks have) but highly highly unlikely it would be a serious case requiring hospitalization. So  I am surprised that only about a quarter of the poll respondents in this survey indicated they would get the vaccine.  Its a shame that this has been politicized and people are immune to facts, science and information.

My brother is a doctor here on the mainland. He gets death threats every day now, just for being a doctor.  Again, anybody that works with science or has an education seems to be a target of hatred, driven by politics and assumptions of some people.  Hard to understand.

oldfart

« Reply #58 on: March 31, 2021, 07:04:06 AM »
I was fortunate enough to get the vaccine.  After completing both doses, i am on the mainland for a while, hunting turkeys and visiting family and friends.  The vaccine is like the golden ticket!  Yes, its possible I could still get infected .01% of vaccinated folks have) but highly highly unlikely it would be a serious case requiring hospitalization. So  I am surprised that only about a quarter of the poll respondents in this survey indicated they would get the vaccine.  Its a shame that this has been politicized and people are immune to facts, science and information.

My brother is a doctor here on the mainland. He gets death threats every day now, just for being a doctor.  Again, anybody that works with science or has an education seems to be a target of hatred, driven by politics and assumptions of some people.  Hard to understand.
Eventually I'll get a vaccination. Just not yet. It was offered to me months ago.
Several reasons why I turned down the offer.
1. Too new
2. Newer improved vaccines are still being rolled out
3. Not very active, socially.
4. Not planning to travel anywhere.

So basically, everyone has to weigh their particular risks and needs.
I do take an annual flu shot and I just got a shingles vaccine...ie. I'm not an anti-vaxxer
What, Me Worry?

changemyoil66

« Reply #59 on: March 31, 2021, 10:17:32 AM »
My reasons are:

1) Too new
2) Better stuff may come out or the bugs worked out. Think of it like a 1st gen of a car or firearm.  Usually there is some problem that is fixed later
3) Not FDA approved yet

I don't get the flu shot, but then again I don't take tylenol type pills either.  But I'll down creatine and preworkouts like there is no tomorrow.

I'm not anti vaxx, I'm anti new vaxx. But if I had to take it to travel, then I would.