Permit line @ HPD (Read 10688 times)

MrJones

Re: Permit line @ HPD
« Reply #120 on: December 30, 2023, 02:22:24 PM »
My wife applied for her handgun permit on the 12/18/23. She received an automated phone today 12/30/23 from Hpd informing her she needs to submit a new handgun safety affidavit. Why did they not tell us that when we applied? We wasted 5 hours. Bachi on them. HPD once again confirming their incompetence and corruption to the public.

Dr. Jones

« Last Edit: December 30, 2023, 07:16:52 PM by MrJones »

defend_hawaii

« Reply #121 on: January 03, 2024, 03:34:03 PM »
3 guys in front and 3 guys behind.  Everyone didn't have up to date paperwork so I  was in and out in 30 minutes after submitting my CCW paperwork.  Officer helping me was extremely nice and helpful.  He said between him and another officer working on the CCW applications there is about 300 applicants that they are going to have to call.  I guess if you applied last year they are going to require everyone to get updated Handgun saftey class and CCW training class that has the new curriculum.  Sounds like a bunch more hoops for everyone.  Get ahead of the game and get your classes done.  Don't wait for the call and delay it even longer.  Officer said right now im looking at 3 months minimum.  🤙

changemyoil66

« Reply #122 on: January 03, 2024, 03:52:04 PM »
3 guys in front and 3 guys behind.  Everyone didn't have up to date paperwork so I  was in and out in 30 minutes after submitting my CCW paperwork.  Officer helping me was extremely nice and helpful.  He said between him and another officer working on the CCW applications there is about 300 applicants that they are going to have to call.  I guess if you applied last year they are going to require everyone to get updated Handgun saftey class and CCW training class that has the new curriculum.  Sounds like a bunch more hoops for everyone.  Get ahead of the game and get your classes done.  Don't wait for the call and delay it even longer.  Officer said right now im looking at 3 months minimum.  🤙

and after 120 days, it's an automatic denial and no refund of your $150. Plus you have to retake the shooting qualification, which will cost $50 at the range and what ever the instructor charges.  So easily $200 gone.

Rocky

« Reply #123 on: January 05, 2024, 02:57:53 PM »
   Just been  told someone went back with "New and Improved"  Safety affidavit to back up LTC app submitted December 27th
and were informed they needed  "New and Improved"  LTC affidavit.   :wacko:
“I ask you to judge me by the enemies I have made.”
                                                           Franklin D. Roosevelt

changemyoil66

« Reply #124 on: January 05, 2024, 03:32:40 PM »
   Just been  told someone went back with "New and Improved"  Safety affidavit to back up LTC app submitted December 27th

Wut?

zippz

« Reply #125 on: January 05, 2024, 03:41:45 PM »

at least they're consistent
Join the Hawaii Firearms Coalition at www.hifico.org.  Hawaii's new non-profit gun rights organization focused on lobbying and grassroots activism.

Hawaii Shooting Calendar - https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=practicalmarksman.com_btllod1boifgpp8dcjnbnruhso%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Pacific/Honolulu

Rocky

« Reply #126 on: January 06, 2024, 06:36:04 PM »
Any confirmation on this  ?
Any confirmation on the 2024 $150 LTC Application "Fee"  ???

« Last Edit: January 06, 2024, 07:31:51 PM by Rocky »
“I ask you to judge me by the enemies I have made.”
                                                           Franklin D. Roosevelt