HIFICO 2019 Legislature Firearms Bills (Read 69399 times)

London808

Re: HIFICO 2019 Legislature Firearms Bills
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2019, 09:57:39 PM »
"Mr. Roberts is a bit of a fanatic, he has previously sued HPD about gun registration issues." : Major Richard Robinson 2016

zippz

« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2019, 11:37:20 PM »
Gentlemen, at this point I think I've been through a couple cycles of email, calls to committee chairs, calls to my own rep and senator, weekend voice mailbox fill up attempts, and even snail mail letters to committee members.  Now that we're up to testimony I want to make sure I'm putting out my best work but my head is spinning from cranking out so much content. 

1.  If I accidentally submit testimony twice through the HiFiCo website am I causing you guys problems?

2.  Is it possible to list by date when the bills open up for testimony?  This would help me to keep track of what I have and haven't submitted on.  I missed the hunting bills this morning (and felt rotten about it) and in this climate even though I have a small voice I want to make sure I add it to the chorus. 

3.  Alternately if HiFiCo is sending out emails as the Bills open that would be helpful.  (I haven't gotten any email from you chaps since 1/24 and I fear I've fallen off the list.)  That way I could keep them marked as unread until I submit the testimony for them.  I know you guys are on Facebook but I've been off that platform for years now as I don't need my employers seeing my personal antics.

My spread sheet skills are pretty much zero or I'd tackle it myself.  I know you guys are doing a ton of work already and I'm not trying to be critical.  If you've got a system in place that I've missed let me know,  I just want to make sure I'm having as much impact as possible.
1.  You want to avoid submitting twice.  The clerks at the capitol should be filtering it out though.
2.  The spreadsheet tracker in the first post is constantly updated and tells you when the committee hearings are.  Seems like a lot of people are seeing the tracker or is it just me?
3.  Sorry we've been consumed by everything going on so have been slacking on emails.  We'll try and get that back up and running.
Join the Hawaii Firearms Coalition at www.hifico.org.  Hawaii's new non-profit gun rights organization focused on lobbying and grassroots activism.

Hawaii Shooting Calendar - https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=practicalmarksman.com_btllod1boifgpp8dcjnbnruhso%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Pacific/Honolulu

changemyoil66

« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2019, 09:27:23 AM »
Mrs. Change signed up for HIFICO.

Will donate something when I get paid this month.

London808

« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2019, 09:32:58 AM »
We had a fuckup for lack of a better word with the mailing list. It’s fixed sortoff and regular programming should start this weekend.

We also don’t want to spam the heck out of people so the most bestest way to get updates is from our Facebook page, and from the homepage of our site (which mirrors our FB page)
"Mr. Roberts is a bit of a fanatic, he has previously sued HPD about gun registration issues." : Major Richard Robinson 2016

zippz

« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2019, 09:54:29 PM »
Updates on 2-7-19
It's the Triple Referral Deadline today so bills with 3 or more committees (joint committees count as 1) that haven't been in a committee yet are dead.  This drops off
HB879, HB884, HB1473, HB1531.
Notable ones are the Electric gun ban repeal (Andrews v Roberts) and AWB 2 features.

Remember sometimes the dead rise back up.

Hearings for the following:
Passed - HB1541, SB556, SB600, SB621, SB1466....Hunting bills HB590, HB591, HB1325, SB324
Deferred - SB556

Should see more committee hearings coming up tomorrow afternoon.  Next deadline is Feb 15th  First Lateral where they must be in their last committee after this day.
Join the Hawaii Firearms Coalition at www.hifico.org.  Hawaii's new non-profit gun rights organization focused on lobbying and grassroots activism.

Hawaii Shooting Calendar - https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=practicalmarksman.com_btllod1boifgpp8dcjnbnruhso%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Pacific/Honolulu

PalisadesKid

« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2019, 10:53:41 PM »
Updates on 2-7-19
It's the Triple Referral Deadline today so bills with 3 or more committees (joint committees count as 1) that haven't been in a committee yet are dead.  This drops off
HB879, HB884, HB1473, HB1531.
Notable ones are the Electric gun ban repeal (Andrews v Roberts) and AWB 2 features.

Remember sometimes the dead rise back up.

Hearings for the following:
Passed - HB1541, SB556, SB600, SB621, SB1466....Hunting bills HB590, HB591, HB1325, SB324
Deferred - SB556

Should see more committee hearings coming up tomorrow afternoon.  Next deadline is Feb 15th  First Lateral where they must be in their last committee after this day.

One down, TWO "Assault" weapon bans remain. SB1334 and it's companion bill HB1303.

Keep sending emails to those committee members to state
"I OPPOSE HB1303" AT www.HIFICO.org/Stop

and

"I OPPOSE SB1334" AT www.HIFICO.org/NO

zippz

« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2019, 08:06:16 PM »
And the fun continues on to be more funner.

Gun Bills for hearing
HB720 Req to report lost, stolen, etc firearms.  Similar or same as the senate one heard this week.
HB950 AG "may" issue LEOSA credentials
HB1486 Rep Lee's CCW - dual wield taser and handgun - and electric gun repeal.  If it comes from Lee, you know it can't be good.
HB1543 Protective orders.  Similar or same as the senate one heard this week.

Hunting
SB323 GMAC/DLNR coordination bill

Lets hope no more gun control bills come up next week, especially the AWB.

zippz

« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2019, 05:32:22 PM »
Bunch -o- bills up for hearing trying to beat Friday's first lateral deadline....
HB1541 gun violence research center in it's 2nd committee.
HB1325 GMAC hunting bill in it's 2nd committee
and a bunch in the "other" section to include hb792 regarding deadly force.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2019, 08:46:04 AM by zippz »

changemyoil66

« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2019, 12:48:06 PM »
If we submitted for the 1st committee testimony via the capitol website, do we have to submit again for 2nd commitee?

PalisadesKid

« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2019, 01:10:26 PM »
If we submitted for the 1st committee testimony via the capitol website, do we have to submit again for 2nd commitee?

Yes. each time.

zippz

« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2019, 08:10:52 AM »
Hb342 popped up for hearings on thursday regarding firearms investments.

https://www.capitol.hawaii.gov/measure_indiv.aspx?billtype=HB&billnumber=342&year=2019

zippz

« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2019, 08:11:30 AM »
Hb 342 popped up for Thursday hearing regarding firearms investments.  https://www.capitol.hawaii.gov/measure_indiv.aspx?billtype=HB&billnumber=342&year=2019

zippz

« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2019, 11:36:42 PM »
Bills updated.  Had a bunch of committee hearings today with some recommending deferral, some passing.  Hopefully HB1486 on the bad CCW changes is indeed deferred.

Some bills will drop off with the First Lateral deadline on Friday.

changemyoil66

« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2019, 08:42:05 AM »
Bills updated.  Had a bunch of committee hearings today with some recommending deferral, some passing.  Hopefully HB1486 on the bad CCW changes is indeed deferred.

Some bills will drop off with the First Lateral deadline on Friday.

So if the AWB are not assigned a time and date by Friday, they're dead?

PalisadesKid

« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2019, 09:00:47 AM »
So if the AWB are not assigned a time and date by Friday, they're dead?

Friday is when bills with two referrals need to be with the SECOND committee. Both SB1334 and HB1303 were still with their FIRST committee.

In speaking with both House and Senate clerks over the phone I was able to clarify that under normal circumstances, the remaining AWBs HB1303 and SB1334 are dead already for 2019 as the deadlines to schedule a hearing expired as follows:

For HB1303 it was with the House PVM commitee, they meet on Wednesday and Friday and had until Thursday to hold a hearing. Hearings need to be scheduled in the house 48 hours prior to Thursday. So its dead.

For SB1334 it was with the Senate PSM, they meet on Tuesdays and Thursdays and had until Thursday also to hold a hearing. Hearings for the Senate need to be scheduled 72 hours in advance prior to Thursday. So its dead.

HOWEVER in both situations the committees can request a waiver of the 48 and 72 hour periods and just schedule a hearing asap, but that rarely happens. The first committees could also WAIVE themselves thus turning a bill into a SINGLE referral and thus giving the bill until March 1st to get a hearing with the sole committee now assigned to it.

changemyoil66

« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2019, 09:36:09 AM »
So whens the deadline for HB1531?  The final AWB?

PalisadesKid

« Reply #36 on: February 14, 2019, 09:51:54 AM »
So whens the deadline for HB1531?  The final AWB?

It was a triple referral we're past that deadline as it was Feb 7th. That one is dead for sure.

changemyoil66

« Reply #37 on: February 14, 2019, 09:52:57 AM »
So are all the AWB dead for this session?

*Edit-Just called Chris Lee's office and they're all dead.

So our calls and emails worked. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Gonna buy more shit now.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2019, 10:10:26 AM by changemyoil66 »

zippz

« Reply #38 on: February 14, 2019, 02:55:50 PM »

*Edit-Just called Chris Lee's office and they're all dead.

Imagine if they said oh we forgot about that one thanks for reminding us.

changemyoil66

« Reply #39 on: February 14, 2019, 06:13:52 PM »
Imagine if they said oh we forgot about that one thanks for reminding us.
Wouldnt that be a bitch.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk