Linked Events

• Public 2a Meetings: November 09, 2009 - November 10, 2009

2 meetings next week, chances to stand up and be counted! (Read 7584 times)

Tom_G

2 meetings next week, chances to stand up and be counted!
« on: November 06, 2009, 02:23:29 PM »
There are 2 public meetings in the immediate future, each of which has some level of interest for us.

First is a public meeting on the Recreational Renaissance bill.  This provides for a large number of things, including upgrades to the Kokohead Shooting Complex and the creation of new ranges on outer islands.  Monday, Nov 9, 6 pm, in the cafeteria of Jeffesron Elementary, 324 Kapahulu

Next is a public meeting of the Polics Commision regarding the selection of our next Chief of Police.  Here's a link to an article in the Honolulu Advertiser:
http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/article/20091105/BREAKING01/91105097
We don't know much about any of the individuals on the list, but appearing and speaking out in favor on a Chief who supports 2nd amendment rights could only be helpful.
The meeting is this Tuesday, November 10, 2:15 PM, in the first floor Conference Room A at Honolulu Police Department Alapai Headquarters, 801 S. Beretania Street.

If you are available for either or both of these meetings, please attend!
« Last Edit: November 06, 2009, 07:08:05 PM by 2aHawaii »
The difference between theory and reality is that, in theory, there is no difference between theory and reality.

2aHawaii

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sheepdog
  • Referrals: 17
    • View Profile
    • 2aHawaii
Re: 2 meetings next week, chances to stand up and be counted!
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2009, 07:08:48 PM »
Thanks for the info Tom. I'll have to see if I can sneak away from work on Tuesday and attend that meeting. Do you know how long those usually are?
I am not a lawyer.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." - United States Constitution Amendment 2 & Hawaii State Constitution Article 1 Section 17

Buying from Amazon? Click through here

itwasntme

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2009, 07:04:44 AM »
Great info Tom, Thank you!
"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

Tom_G

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2009, 11:01:25 AM »
Thanks for the info Tom. I'll have to see if I can sneak away from work on Tuesday and attend that meeting. Do you know how long those usually are?

No clue.  This is a special meeting, not one of their regularly scheduled.  I'd assume that the CLEO is the only topic of discussion.
The difference between theory and reality is that, in theory, there is no difference between theory and reality.

2aHawaii

• Administrator
  • Sheepdog
    • View Profile
    • 2aHawaii
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2009, 07:36:19 PM »
Hey Tom,
I wasn't able to get away from work. Were you able to go?
I am not a lawyer.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." - United States Constitution Amendment 2 & Hawaii State Constitution Article 1 Section 17

Tom_G

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2009, 12:24:50 AM »
Nope.  I knew I couldn't make the Tuesday one, it fell 15 minutes after my class began, and students were turning in projects.  I intended to make the Monday one, but life intervened.

However, this was sent out via the HRA email chain:

Aloha, everybody,

My survey of persons-in-the know suggests Louis Kealoha is the best HPD Chief candidate thought least likely to promote restrictive gun legislation for HI.  His background, in a sample letter of support, is below.  The Commission makes it's first-round picks this Friday.  They should receive your input by noon this Thursday.

Mahalo, Dr. Max Cooper
HRA Life Member

TO:      Honolulu Police Commission, 1060 Richard  Street,  Suite 170, Honolulu, HI 96813
policecommission@honolulu.gov

IN SUPPORT OF LOUIS M. KEALOHA FOR THE POSITION OF CHIEF OF POLICE, HONOLULU POLICE DEPARTMENT

RE:      Hearing Friday, November 13, 2009; 2:15pm
Dear Honolulu Police Commission Members:

I am writing in support of LOUIS M. KEALOHA, for Chief of Police, Honolulu Police Department.

Captain Kealoha is a 26 year veteran police officer, currently a Captain of the HPD Juvenile Services Division.  He started as a patrol officer, 1983-'89, serving since in narcotics, internal affairs, and training divisions..

A Damien High School graduate, he has his Doctorate in Education from the University of Southern California, a Master’s of Science in Criminal Justice Administration, a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration and Criminal Justice, and is currently an Adjunct Professor, Department of Criminology and Criminal Justice, at Chaminade University.

He is a native Hawaiian, family man, churchgoer, and community volunteer.  I think he will have the respect of his command and serve the community best.

Your Name and Address
>
>
>
This message was sent by: Hawaii Rifle Association, P.O. Box 543, Kailua, HI 96734-0543

We've got 2 days to get email in to the Commission yet!  Even if you aren't comfortable backing this candidate, writing them to encourage selection of a chief who supports 2A rights would be a good use of your time.

2aHawaii

• Administrator
  • Sheepdog
    • View Profile
    • 2aHawaii
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2009, 07:43:06 PM »
Okay, I've sent my email.
I am not a lawyer.

Tom_G

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2009, 09:13:38 AM »
Okay, I've sent my email.

That makes at least 2 of us!

2aHawaii

• Administrator
  • Sheepdog
    • View Profile
    • 2aHawaii
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2009, 11:00:31 AM »
Apparently the meeting today (Friday, Nov. 13 2009) is open to the public and is at 2:15 at the Honolulu Police Department Alapai Headquarters, 801 S. Beretania Street. in the first floor conference room.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2009, 11:08:32 AM by 2aHawaii »
I am not a lawyer.

Antithesis

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2009, 06:37:10 PM »
So how was the Friday meeting?  Did anybody manage to make it? 
"Si vis pacem, para bellum"
If you wish for peace, prepare for war

2aHawaii

• Administrator
  • Sheepdog
    • View Profile
    • 2aHawaii
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2009, 08:24:11 AM »
I wasn't able to make it but maybe the emails made a difference. The Honolulu Advertiser reported that the public was a strong presence in the meeting, even if not physically there.

An overwhelming number of the written communications submitted by midday yesterday were in support of HPD Capt. Louis Kealoha. Acting Police Chief Paul Putzulu received the endorsement of the three Neighbor Island police chiefs.

It also looks like the new chief could be chosen this Wednesday, Nov. 18th.
I am not a lawyer.

Tom_G

« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2009, 01:29:57 PM »
Sweet!

tuor

« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2009, 06:58:15 AM »
I sent an e-mail too.  I'm glad it's had an effect. 
Life NRA Member
Life SAF Member

Antithesis

« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2009, 01:02:16 PM »
An overwhelming number of the written communications submitted by midday yesterday were in support of HPD Capt. Louis Kealoha. Acting Police Chief Paul Putzulu received the endorsement of the three Neighbor Island police chiefs.

Haha awesome that's us.   ;D
"Si vis pacem, para bellum"
If you wish for peace, prepare for war