Concealed Carry: A Practical Step (Read 4164 times)

Tom_G

Concealed Carry: A Practical Step
« on: September 11, 2009, 09:42:27 AM »
As you almost certainly know, HPD is searching for a new chief.

This is a chance that we won't have again for years, maybe decades.  Take time right now and email the Honolulu Police Commission.  Tell them you want a chief who is supportive of 2nd amendment rights and shall-issue carry, both open and concealed. 

You can find the information on the HRA website.

Take 2 minutes right now and make a difference!
The difference between theory and reality is that, in theory, there is no difference between theory and reality.

2aHawaii

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sheepdog
  • Referrals: 17
    • View Profile
    • 2aHawaii
Re: Concealed Carry: A Practical Step
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2009, 11:48:03 AM »
Hey Tom_G,
How does the hiring of the International Association of Cheifs of Police affect this process?
« Last Edit: October 19, 2009, 11:29:43 AM by 2aHawaii »
I am not a lawyer.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." - United States Constitution Amendment 2 & Hawaii State Constitution Article 1 Section 17

Buying from Amazon? Click through here

Tom_G

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2009, 03:23:41 PM »
I'm really unsure.  From the brief article, it appears they've been retained as consultants.  Which could mean they are just helping to winnow the list, or it could mean they are in charge now.

The IACP website doesn't mention this at all.  I'll try to contact them and see if we can get a reply.

[EDIT]  Ok, I sent an inquiry using their contact form.  While there is an engine to search current committees, you have to be an active member to use it.  We'll see if they reply!
« Last Edit: September 11, 2009, 03:43:11 PM by Tom_G »
The difference between theory and reality is that, in theory, there is no difference between theory and reality.

Tom_G

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2009, 03:56:50 PM »
Interesting... neither the Star Bulletin nor Hawaii Reported covered this. 

HiCarry

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2009, 01:55:39 PM »
Interesting... neither the Star Bulletin nor Hawaii Reported covered this.
We should send Malia a note to see if she wants to pick it up....

Tom_G

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2009, 10:04:04 PM »
I did drop Malia a line back on the 11th, when I emailed the IACP.  I've heard back from neither.  Another email to Malia might just do the trick, though!