College protests dumb question (Read 290 times)

Chrashd

College protests dumb question
« on: April 25, 2024, 09:29:51 AM »
Just a retired merchant seaman here and just paid my taxes. How many of the protesting "students" have had their student loans paid for by our taxes????

Flapp_Jackson

Re: College protests dumb question
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2024, 10:03:27 AM »
Just a retired merchant seaman here and just paid my taxes. How many of the protesting "students" have had their student loans paid for by our taxes????

With the latest batch of loan cancellations, the White House said it has forgiven
about $153 billion in debt for 4.3 million student borrowers.

Biden, who had made student loan relief a major campaign pledge, is tackling an
issue that affects about 43 million Americans with a combined  $1.7 trillion in student
debt.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/student-loan-forgiveness-7-4-billion-save-plan-pslf-cbs-news-explains/
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

changemyoil66

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2024, 11:20:21 AM »
Charlie Kirk and Turning Point USA has many good films on college campuses, including UH. He and Candace Owens was here a few years ago.

Basically, it shows that being in college doesn't make you "smart".  If I my kid acted the way that many do on these videos, I wouldn't pay for their schooling anymore.  But then again, IDK if a liberal kid also has liberal parents.  Mine are liberal, but I'm not. Thanks to the 2A education.

Chrashd

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2024, 11:47:39 AM »
 I thought the Supreme court ruled this unconstitutional???? 

QUIETShooter

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2024, 12:44:15 PM »
The stuff biden does polarizes our country.  The students that had their loans forgiven move on to high paying jobs, mercedes benz, audis, and BMW's along with fancy clothes and homes in gated communities.

Meanwhile plumbers, electricians, and all other tradesmen with other occupations that require training but no college degree get to pay off the billions of forgiven loans.

I hope 2024 will enable biden to ride off into the sunset with jill holding his hand so he don't fall down and son hunter following daddy's footsteps with a shovel and bucket, picking up the BS along the way.

This guy has done more harm to the country in 3+ years than any other president in history in my opinion.

By the way, this student loan forgiveness BS is another way he's buying votes.  At our expense.
Sometimes you gotta know when to save your bullets.

Chrashd

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2024, 01:45:04 PM »
Once they give the Illegals the right to vote I guess they pretty much got the voting covered!! I need to find a way to opt out of my share of the extras for education and upkeep. I didn't see that deduction on my tax form??

ren

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2024, 01:57:28 PM »
What a coincidence. Student loan forgiveness and protests
Deeds Not Words

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2024, 02:01:57 PM »

That was the previous attempt to forgive  $400 billion for 43 million borrowers' student loans.

SCOTUS ruled the WH can "modify" student loan repayments, like they did during the pandemic by delaying payments.  But, to wipe the debt off the students' accounts completely is not a modification, but a complete overhaul.

This new approach limits the amount of debt per student to be forgiven, requires the student to have already paid on the loans for 10 years, and other such things.  So, not everyone qualifies (this time) and not everyone gets 100% of the debt forgiven (this time).  i think they are also forgiving the interest that accrued beyond a certain amount, too.

Election year shenanigans.
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

changemyoil66

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2024, 03:06:55 PM »
Once they give the Illegals the right to vote I guess they pretty much got the voting covered!! I need to find a way to opt out of my share of the extras for education and upkeep. I didn't see that deduction on my tax form??

"Once they give"?  They already have. Why else would it be racist to have to show ID or like document when voting?

eyeeatingfish

« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2024, 11:02:55 PM »

They try to find creative ways to accomplish the same goal. The first attempt didn't work so they find another regulation they can torture into justifying the loan forgiveness. In the end, even if no debt is forgiven it is still like a win because Biden will get support for trying and he can say the republicans stopped him. HEck, as long as his attempts don't rejected before the election he can win votes because it looks like he will make it happen.