What Firearms or Firearm Related Items Do You Plan on Buying in 2017? (Read 20930 times)

RSN172

Re: What Firearms or Firearm Related Items Do You Plan on Buying in 2017?
« Reply #40 on: February 28, 2017, 10:35:32 AM »
I am want to find some good self resetting targets on my trip to NV next week.  Big Five had some silhouette ones, hope they still got them.

drck1000

« Reply #41 on: February 28, 2017, 11:12:20 AM »
this is the most tempting so far this year
blued Redhawk .44mag, 5.5" barrel
I like the Hogue grips on this one.  usually I prefer wood for the looks, but the Hogue on this one looks good. although I could always change to wood

https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/2084_21_49_1814/products_id/719013955/RUGER+RDHWK+44MAG+5.5+BL+6RD
I have a S&W 686, but I've also been wanting to add a Ruger revolver to the collection.  While this one is tempting, I'd probably stick to .357 Mag/.38 SPL for now.  Damn ammo costs. . .  :(

I am want to find some good self resetting targets on my trip to NV next week.  Big Five had some silhouette ones, hope they still got them.
If I had a private range at say a ranch property or something, reactive steel would be a must!   :thumbsup:

RSN172

« Reply #42 on: February 28, 2017, 11:33:18 AM »
Yes, having a home range is nice.  I don't think Kokohead will allow you drawing from concealment, firing 2 shots and then moving sideways 5-8 ft doing your after action drills. LOL.

drck1000

« Reply #43 on: February 28, 2017, 11:49:05 AM »
Yes, having a home range is nice.  I don't think Kokohead will allow you drawing from concealment, firing 2 shots and then moving sideways 5-8 ft doing your after action drills. LOL.
That would be a negative. 

stangzilla

I have a S&W 686, but I've also been wanting to add a Ruger revolver to the collection.  While this one is tempting, I'd probably stick to .357 Mag/.38 SPL for now.  Damn ammo costs. . .  :(

I wanted to get the Redhawk in the 8 shot .357, but when I saw the blued .44mag, that impressed me more!
after further thinking, I'd rather get a .357 in the GP100 3" barrel Talo edition with novak sights, rather than the Redhawk bigger frame revolver in 357.  but that's just me. 
and also the Redhawk blued finish .44mag
call me old school.  I like the big frame in a .44, and the medium frame in .357   ;)

drck1000

I wanted to get the Redhawk in the 8 shot .357, but when I saw the blued .44mag, that impressed me more!
after further thinking, I'd rather get a .357 in the GP100 3" barrel Talo edition with novak sights, rather than the Redhawk bigger frame revolver in 357.  but that's just me. 
and also the Redhawk blued finish .44mag
call me old school.  I like the big frame in a .44, and the medium frame in .357   ;)
Just looked up that Redhawk 8 shot .357. . . MSRP around $1100. . .  I HATE YOU!!!   ;D

I enjoy shooting .44 Mag and .44 SPL on occasion, but .357 is enough for me.  Haha.  That said, the allure for a nice .44 Mag revolver is super tempting. 

Inspector

...call me old school. ...
Okay. OLD SCHOOL!!!!! There. You said to do it and I did it.  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
SCIENCE THAT CAN’T BE QUESTIONED IS PROPAGANDA!!!

drck1000

Okay. OLD SCHOOL!!!!! There. You said to do it and I did it.  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Surely you didn't mean that. . .

And no, I didn't call you Shirley. . .

;D

Drakiir84

Just ordered my G19 and accompanying accessories , also want to get a JM Pro 930 and possibly looking to start reloading... so that whole jazz lol.
"The rifle is a weapon. Let there be no mistake about that. It is a tool of power, and thus dependent completely upon the moral stature of its user. It is equally useful in securing meat for the table, destroying group enemies on the battlefield, and resisting tyranny. In fact, it is the only means of resisting tyranny, since a citizenry armed with rifles simply cannot be tyrannized."
-Jeff Cooper

drck1000

Just ordered my G19 and accompanying accessories , also want to get a JM Pro 930 and possibly looking to start reloading... so that whole jazz lol.
Nice on both regards.  And ever since I shot the Pro 930, I've wanted one.  They aren't that expensive. 

Drakiir84

Nice on both regards.  And ever since I shot the Pro 930, I've wanted one.  They aren't that expensive.

Yeah man, and it comes in Kryptek Typhon... so sexy.
"The rifle is a weapon. Let there be no mistake about that. It is a tool of power, and thus dependent completely upon the moral stature of its user. It is equally useful in securing meat for the table, destroying group enemies on the battlefield, and resisting tyranny. In fact, it is the only means of resisting tyranny, since a citizenry armed with rifles simply cannot be tyrannized."
-Jeff Cooper

stangzilla

Just looked up that Redhawk 8 shot .357. . . MSRP around $1100. . .  I HATE YOU!!!   ;D

I enjoy shooting .44 Mag and .44 SPL on occasion, but .357 is enough for me.  Haha.  That said, the allure for a nice .44 Mag revolver is super tempting.

the 44mag Redhawk is actually cheaper
its on buds for $735.  and it keeps calling to me.
like the telltale heart, this is my telltale Hawk.........Redhawk!   :D
its haunting me........dam rapback!!!

MauiLeatherwork

Just ammo, thanks to rap back.

Also building more of my own holsters and other leather items like cartridge belts, etc.

I'm just focusing on regular range time and training, really.  More reading, less buying.

robtmc

A decent portable shooting bench, and maybe an acceptable holosight for this franken-AR that somehow got built.

drck1000

Just ammo, thanks to rap back.

Also building more of my own holsters and other leather items like cartridge belts, etc.

I'm just focusing on regular range time and training, really.  More reading, less buying.
MauiLeatherWork!  With a screen name like that, please post your holster work!   :thumbsup: 

Love the more training and reading and less buying! 

A decent portable shooting bench, and maybe an acceptable holosight for this franken-AR that somehow got built.
Price range for holosight?

See the Aimpoint PRO going on sale quite often here and there.  With new Aimpoint Micros coming out here and there, you'll probably be able to find decent older (4 MOA models) and such going on sale when people upgrade to the latest and greatest.  Might have to search national level boards like M4C though. 

changemyoil66

My wife is building her 1st AR.  All we need is BCG, handguard (she knows which one she wants), lowpro gas block and tube, dust cover,and trigger.  Then cerakote.

robtmc

Price range for holosight?
Sub-$200 would be nice, I get enough static about all the "gun parts" that show up in the mail.

I know that probably means Chicom crap, but some of it is quite serviceable apparently.  Have an old Primary Arms M4 clone, but it lacks an on-off switch and the brightness knob is very stiff.

Am attracted to the EOtech type sights, but never used one, and they are $$$ for a retired farte on fixed income.

MauiLeatherwork

MauiLeatherWork!  With a screen name like that, please post your holster work!   :thumbsup: 

Love the more training and reading and less buying! 

Thanks, drck1000.  I would love to share a photo here. But I am honestly not set up for that. I'm just cruising on a iPhone and don't have an account at a photo site. If anyone has suggestions, I'll try to follow them.  Thanks!

macsak

Thanks, drck1000.  I would love to share a photo here. But I am honestly not set up for that. I'm just cruising on a iPhone and don't have an account at a photo site. If anyone has suggestions, I'll try to follow them.  Thanks!
Are you using Tapatalk?
Click on the mountain icon at the bottom of the reply screen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MauiLeatherwork

I had been avoiding using tapatalk, but I'll give it a try in order to share a few pics. Thanks for the suggestion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk