2aHawaii
General Topics => General Discussion => Topic started by: takeiteasy on January 10, 2016, 09:14:27 PM
-
No need to panic.
Obama has the J.V. team under control. :wacko:
I have heard multiple sources proclaim that ISIS is in all 50 states. If so, I have a few questions for you.
1. What do you think that they would like to do while here in our islands?
2. Are you prepared to defend and protect what's yours?
3. Are you aware of new neighbors and any suspicious activities that you may have to report?
4. Do you think that this Administration will do everything they can to prevent an attack here?
I'm sure you have more questions than answers about this subject. Feel free to add your $.02.
-
No need to panic.
Obama has the J.V. team under control. :wacko:
I have heard multiple sources proclaim that ISIS is in all 50 states. If so, I have a few questions for you.
1. What do you think that they would like to do while here in our islands?
2. Are you prepared to defend and protect what's yours?
3. Are you aware of new neighbors and any suspicious activities that you may have to report?
4. Do you think that this Administration will do everything they can to prevent an attack here?
I'm sure you have more questions than answers about this subject. Feel free to add your $.02.
1. create chaos and terror
2. yes
3. yes
4. NO!
-
#4 - Every time the administration suffers a failure in foreign policy or terrorism, they have a tendency to blame the intelligence community.
Then they turn around and do this:
The Obama administration is trying to calm fears of an ISIS attack in the United States like
the one in Paris on Friday.
Officials say ISIS would like to launch similar attacks on U.S. soil, but their ability to do so i
s limited.
Deputy national security adviser Ben Rhodes said a key difference is that thousands of
fighters returned to Europe after going to Syria.
Director of National Intelligence James Clapper said earlier this year that the number being
tracked in the U.S. is around 40. Clapper also said he wasn't aware of any that had been
involved in terror plots since returning to the U.S.
The success of ISIS in America has come mostly from recruiting and motivating sympathizers
online, according to officials.
So, our intelligence agencies suck, but we are supposed to feel safe when our intelligence agencies say an attack is unlikely? :wtf:
This article came out 11/15, just a couple of weeks before the 12/2 attack in San Bernardino.
:shake:
-
1. Create terror and mess with the economy by the terror they create.
2. I think so.
3. They don't want want to move into my neighborhood if they know what's good for them. Too many like minded.individuals and close knit. But yes.
4. What can they do to prevent it short of taking away Liberties. San Bernardino terrorist was an American born citizen. Not a refugee. Not an immigrant. Not on the radar. Maybe the NSA should fire their shit back up again and monitor all of us. (I know his wife immigrated but he was planning that crap from before. We can certainly have home grown jihadis as was proven. Heck Hassan was a Major in the Army)
Or maybe it's time to re- open internment camps, this time for Muslims. (Sarcasm)
I'll take my Liberty. Just wish I had CCW.
But that's a State thing.
-
#4 - Every time the administration suffers a failure in foreign policy or terrorism, they have a tendency to blame the intelligence community.
Then they turn around and do this:
So, our intelligence agencies suck, but we are supposed to feel safe when our intelligence agencies say an attack is unlikely? :wtf:
This article came out 11/15, just a couple of weeks before the 12/2 attack in San Bernardino.
:shake:
"do not panic"
"we have everything under control"
:grrr:
-
You willing to give up your Liberty Mac ?
How they gonna stop the domestic grown, Lone Wolf Jihadist who flies under the radar ?
-
I heard there is a terrorist cell in Waipahu...
they are calling themselves...
Aye-sus!
:rofl:
"In no way are these claims known to be true"
-
There is more of a threat from terrorists from the Philippines and/or Indonesia than there is from isis. It is probably more likely that they reached out to individuals coming from these demographics, as they are more likely to blend in than an ethic arab.
-
No need to panic.
Obama has the J.V. team under control. :wacko:
I have heard multiple sources proclaim that ISIS is in all 50 states. If so, I have a few questions for you.
1. What do you think that they would like to do while here in our islands?
2. Are you prepared to defend and protect what's yours?
3. Are you aware of new neighbors and any suspicious activities that you may have to report?
4. Do you think that this Administration will do everything they can to prevent an attack here?
I'm sure you have more questions than answers about this subject. Feel free to add your $.02.
1. Blow up our power plant (The question is, is our power plant properly protected?). Blow up one or more of our military bases. Blow up Ala Moana Mall. Blow up Trump Tower or any other occupied high rise.
2. I am ready and prepared.
3. I always welcome my new neighbors by bringing an offering of food of some sort. I at least try to get to know them a little. I have no suspicious neighbors that I know of. And yes I would report any suspicious neighbors.
4. No, they don't care. Actually, I believe that they hope something big happens prior to the election. In that way Obama can implement Marshall Law. I think we all know what happens next.
This administration is a bumbling mess. I have no confidence whatsoever in our president and his oligarchy, huh I mean administration. What an embarrassment this guy is to the citizens and in front of the world. >:(
-
1. What do you think that they would like to do while here in our islands?
2. Are you prepared to defend and protect what's yours?
3. Are you aware of new neighbors and any suspicious activities that you may have to report?
4. Do you think that this Administration will do everything they can to prevent an attack here?
1. Disrupt our way of lives,murder innocent civilians, create chaos and terror
2. Hell yes I am!!
3. I'm very aware and alert of my neighborhood and surroundings and I know a large majority of my neighbors by first name. Knowing my community and being pro-active in it's security and safety is something I've always taken pride in. If I see or hear something that raises even just one hair on my neck I'll be sure to report it!
4. I honestly think there are good men and woman who work for our armed forces who try there best to stop things from happening. However, just like the drugs traffickers coming across our borders if 1/10 makes it that's still a failure. On a side note Obama and his personal goons don't seem too concerned and probably wouldn't mind having a reason to tighten the nooses around our freedoms, another attack would benefit them just a little too much for me to be at ease!!
-
I don't know how all of you guys consider yourselves prepared when we can't carry here. Maybe prepared to the extent of the law...
-
I heard there is a terrorist cell in Waipahu...
they are calling themselves...
Aye-sus!
:rofl:
"In no way are these claims known to be true"
Laughed my ass off. Crappy day at work, needed a little stress release. As I am part filipino and from Waipahu I will have to hunt you down.
isis, shmisis. They want to go jihad on me. I'll go crusader on them.
-
1. Blow up our power plant (The question is, is our power plant properly protected?). Blow up one or more of our military bases. Blow up Ala Moana Mall. Blow up Trump Tower or any other occupied high rise.
2. I am ready and prepared.
3. I always welcome my new neighbors by bringing an offering of food of some sort. I at least try to get to know them a little. I have no suspicious neighbors that I know of. And yes I would report any suspicious neighbors.
4. No, they don't care. Actually, I believe that they hope something big happens prior to the election. In that way Obama can implement Marshall Law. I think we all know what happens next.
This administration is a bumbling mess. I have no confidence whatsoever in our president and his oligarchy, huh I mean administration. What an embarrassment this guy is to the citizens and in front of the world. >:(
and what exactly is a "suspicious neighbor" and who are you reporting it to?
-
and what exactly is a "suspicious neighbor" and who are you reporting it to?
http://www.dhs.gov/see-something-say-something/what-suspicious-activity
http://www.dhs.gov/how-do-i/report-suspicious-activity
-
Well, there's the one mosque located in Manoa valley. If they're ISIS sympathizers here, chances are some of them attend that mosque.
Case in point. Here's a Muslim that has been rejected by the mosque leader(s): http://www.hawaiifreepress.com/ArticlesMain/tabid/56/ID/4351/Brookings-Muslims-expel-reformer-from-Manoa-mosque-claim-Arabs-discovered-Hawaii.aspx (http://www.hawaiifreepress.com/ArticlesMain/tabid/56/ID/4351/Brookings-Muslims-expel-reformer-from-Manoa-mosque-claim-Arabs-discovered-Hawaii.aspx)
-
I personally know the person mentioned in the article, Saleem Ahmed. The article is pretty accurate in its description of Saleem. Very nice guy and often talks about tolerance among different religions. He often prefaces discussions asking that people only criticize their own religion and not other people's religion.
-
I heard there is a terrorist cell in Waipahu...
they are calling themselves...
Aye-sus!
:rofl:
"In no way are these claims known to be true"
...
ISUS!
if I see one of these by my house I'm callin' the cops
-
There are individuals / groups related to terror organizations, particularly radical Islamic based, in all 50 states and has been that way for quite some time, as in years. Don't let the ISIS label fool you, they are just the latest version, but they all share the same objective.
-
I have heard multiple sources proclaim that ISIS is in all 50 states.
First of all, I do not think there are any genuine Islamic terrorists currently in Hawaii, but I will play along.
If so, I have a few questions for you.
1. What do you think that they would like to do while here in our islands?
Invest in real estate, swim at Hanauma Bay, and buy crystal meth from Kalihi.
2. Are you prepared to defend and protect what's yours?
Absolutely not. It is very hard to defend your property from Islamic terrorists when you are only allowed to carry pepper spray outside your place of sojourn.
3. Are you aware of new neighbors and any suspicious activities that you may have to report?
Why yes; but my reporting of suspected drug manufacturing conducted by newly arrived individuals from the far reaches of the Pacific Archipelago have fallen on the deaf ears of HPD.
4. Do you think that this Administration will do everything they can to prevent an attack here?
Depends whether or not they need another terrorist disaster to occur to further their Middle East political agenda.
I'm sure you have more questions than answers about this subject. Feel free to add your $.02.
Kuleana
-
There would be many targets ripe for attack, that is certain. I for one am surprised no one has gone shooting at a costco yet. Think about it, during a holiday, there must be thousands of people inside. Easily there are 200 waiting in line on the busiest day.
(I really hope no one shoots up a costco anytime soon cause someone might think I am behind it)
I would be ready to defend my home.
Cannot think of anyone suspicious in my area... well that type of suspicious. Just the usual property crime people type of suspicious.
Everything they can to prevent an attack? That is a pretty vague question. If an attack happened there would always be somewhere that someone could point to and said that we could have done more. Doing everything they could would entail monitoring everyone's communications and all sorts of unconstitutional things.
-
1. create chaos and terror
2. yes
3. yes
4. NO!
Pretty much the same!
There was a discussion this morning on Island 98.5fm about open/concealed carry in this state. I'm amazed that so many felt we are "safe" in this state and don't need it,
-
Well, there's the one mosque located in Manoa valley. If they're ISIS sympathizers here, chances are some of them attend that mosque.
Case in point. Here's a Muslim that has been rejected by the mosque leader(s): http://www.hawaiifreepress.com/ArticlesMain/tabid/56/ID/4351/Brookings-Muslims-expel-reformer-from-Manoa-mosque-claim-Arabs-discovered-Hawaii.aspx (http://www.hawaiifreepress.com/ArticlesMain/tabid/56/ID/4351/Brookings-Muslims-expel-reformer-from-Manoa-mosque-claim-Arabs-discovered-Hawaii.aspx)
from that article:
By way of proof, Hakim said the names Hawaii and Honolulu came from Arabic. Hawaii derives from hawa, or the trade winds that brought the Arabs, Honolulu from huni, which means “here,” and lulu, which means “pearls,” or “here are the pearls,” a phrase associated with the islands because of the abundance of pearls there. A wise leader in the native language is called hakim, the Arabic word for a ruler or leader….
read more
yeah right. you hear that Hawaiians, trying to rewrite the history of the islands. arabs first, not. I couldn't stand reading any more of this. if they think we're going to submit to them or their bizarre cult they are very mistaken.
I have heard multiple sources proclaim that ISIS is in all 50 states. If so, I have a few questions for you.
- they said it themselves that they have cells in all 50 states and you posted about their mosque in Manoa. 'nuff said.
-
everyone knows Korea discovered Hawaii first.
-
everyone knows Korea discovered Hawaii first.
Voyagers from the Marquesas discovered the Hawaiian Islands 1,600 years ago. It was the Polynesian mariners’ intimacy with the sea that enabled them to use a number of subtle clues for navigation: clouds, water color and taste, wave patterns, currents, presence of seabirds, fish, and plants, and the position of stars and planets. Harold Gatty, the aviation pioneer whom Charles Lindbergh called the “Prince of Navigators,” suggested that it was birds that led ancient mariners to Hawaii. As Rachel Carson writes in The Sea Around Us (192):
Students of primitive navigation believe that the migration of birds had meaning for the Polynesians, and that they learned much from watching the flocks that gathered each year in the spring and fall, launched out over the ocean, and returned later out of the emptiness into which they had vanished. Harold Gatty believes the Hawaiians may have found their islands by following the spring migration of the golden plover from Tahiti to the Hawaiian chain, as the birds returned to the North American mainland.
http://www.sterlingbirds.com/Leskiw/Discovery%20of%20Hawaiian%20Islands.html
-
i forgot to provide some background
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiLA6Bk_ivs
-
lol yeah there was a lot of butt hurt in SF when they declared pasta originated in Italy not China.
-
from that article:
yeah right. you hear that Hawaiians, trying to rewrite the history of the islands. arabs first, not. I couldn't stand reading any more of this. if they think we're going to submit to them or their bizarre cult they are very mistaken.
I have heard multiple sources proclaim that ISIS is in all 50 states. If so, I have a few questions for you.
- they said it themselves that they have cells in all 50 states and you posted about their mosque in Manoa. 'nuff said.
If anyone 'discovered' Hawaii originally, it was the Spanish in the 1400s, who have a detailed map of the Hawaiian islands from that time period. If not the Spanish, then the Chinese, who set sail in the late 1400s/early 1500s and actually reached the shores of North America.
How could arabs have discovered Hawaii before discovering all the landmasses in between the oceans and Hawaii? RETARDED.
-
My plan is to make sure my smoke detectors are in good working order, practice defensive driving, and keep processed food to a minimum because worrying over statistically insignificant phenomena is a waste of time.
-
My plan is to make sure my smoke detectors are in good working order, practice defensive driving, and keep processed food to a minimum because worrying over statistically insignificant phenomena is a waste of time.
I'm sure people during the boston bombing thought it was 'statistically insignificant' before they were blown up.
Pretty sure the people in San Bernadino never thought that a fellow co-worker would come back to a party and light them up as well.
Guess only those who know the importance of eternal vigilance will remain the only individuals who understand.
-
Meanwhile, when everyone was joking around about how there are no potential threats to Hawaii:
https://cqrcengage.com/act/app/document/11262575?utm_content=buffer75f09&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer (https://cqrcengage.com/act/app/document/11262575?utm_content=buffer75f09&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer)
-
http://www.dhs.gov/see-something-say-something/what-suspicious-activity
http://www.dhs.gov/how-do-i/report-suspicious-activity
what's to stop someone from going beyond that list and reporting people for other things? or what's to stop some dumbass from reporting people off of lies?
-
what's to stop someone from going beyond that list and reporting people for other things? or what's to stop some dumbass from reporting people off of lies?
...
Nothing can stop other people from reporting whatever they want, so don't worry about it.
...
I like to joke around these threads, but really....some people just get way too serious and paranoid about stuff you can't control.
Consider this...
If you are in constant dreadful fear about terrorism or government conspiracies, you will never have a happy life and the bad guys have already won the battle.
...
And btw, if you think I live my life in condition white, you would be wrong.
-
Whoa Izanagi. Where did that come from?
Please re-read oldfart's post and your response to see if you guys were talking about the same thing.
You're right though... dumbasses can make false reports. This has the bad smell of "snitching on your neighbors". But I don't think that's what oldfaft was saying in his post.
-
what's to stop someone from going beyond that list and reporting people for other things? or what's to stop some dumbass from reporting people off of lies?
There is nothing to stop paranoid mofos from reporting others based on lies or something that was totally uncalled for. Cops been to my house because a neighbor said one of my friends parked to close to his driveway. With that said, we cannot control what other people do. But I agree with oldfart that we shouldn't go crazy worrying about what's going to happen next. IMO I think one of the things we can do is keep trying to make headway into being able to carry and protect ourselves in the hopefully unilikely event that we have to....
People don't believe that Hawaii doesn't need CC/OC laws just because we have one of the lowest if not the lowest gun related incidents in the country weather it be accidental/crime. But I was made to believe that the like minded people in this forum was (to use the term lightly) "fighting" to change laws like that.
-
I'm sure people during the boston bombing thought it was 'statistically insignificant' before they were blown up.
Pretty sure the people in San Bernadino never thought that a fellow co-worker would come back to a party and light them up as well.
Guess only those who know the importance of eternal vigilance will remain the only individuals who understand.
Vigilance only reduces the risk, it does not eliminate it. One would need to be hyper vigilant which isn't realistic because it wears on the brain.
Not saying vigilance isn't good of course but it has its limits.
-
Whoa Izanagi. Where did that come from?
Please re-read oldfart's post and your response to see if you guys were talking about the same thing.
You're right though... dumbasses can make false reports. This has the bad smell of "snitching on your neighbors". But I don't think that's what oldfaft was saying in his post.
...
Ok, I saw the topic from the reportee point of view and izanagi was looking at the reporter point of view.
I do agree that it is bad for people to snitch for no reason, but there is still nothing you can do to stop someone from doing that until it turns into a harrassment case.
-
Baseless reporting can indeed be a problem and that's why the state is usually required to build a case based on actual facts after acquiring warrants. One workaround is the bullshit TRO that any individual can take out on another individual to have all their firearms and ammunition confiscated. This is an issue that the HRA has brought up to legislators under the premise that your firearms can be confiscated without any evidence of wrongdoing and could therefore also be used by an unsavory character to disarm their intended victim.
The best defense against the first scenario is to not be a terrorist but I definitely agree with Izanagi that individuals wasting city resources by making multiple baseless accusations should be subject to a fine.
-
...
Ok, I saw the topic from the reportee point of view and izanagi was looking at the reporter point of view.
I do agree that it is bad for people to snitch for no reason, but there is still nothing you can do to stop someone from doing that until it turns into a harrassment case.
We don't live in a "prevention" society. We live in a litigious and recovery society.
Dude ruins your life, you eat PB&J for 2 years while spending all your assets getting a judgement against the dude. Then you make HIS life hell while you collect what the judge awarded you -- and you get back what the lawyers earned from you as well..
No guarantees, but it's the system we live with.
-
Baseless reporting can indeed be a problem and that's why the state is usually required to build a case based on actual facts after acquiring warrants.
That is a very good point. In court an anonymous witness is not as strong in developing the reasonable suspicion or probable cause. An anonymous complaint doesn't have the same weight as one made where the complainant is known.
Having said that, we would be at a disadvantage if we eliminated anonymous complaints because often there are people who would refrain from reporting things they should report if they couldn't retain their anonymity.
-
ha. <loving> mods deleted the posts.
blah blah rights, blah blah freedom, blah blah constitution. All <loving> full of <good>.
<loving> hypocrites.
Just taking care of some of the language. Have a good day -2aH
-
LOL! Thanks 2aH!
Izanagi, sorry if you are having some issues with your neighbors but don't take it out on us.
:shaka:
-
ha. <loving> mods deleted the posts.
blah blah rights, blah blah freedom, blah blah constitution. All <loving> full of <good>.
<loving> hypocrites.
Just taking care of some of the language. Have a good day -2aH
I hope one day you realize, we aren't laughing with you .....
:rofl:
-
Attack in Jakarta today. Practically everyone on that island is Muslim and they had it cleaned up in 3 hours with only one Canadian and a cop as casualties. If they could only find five guys to carry out an attack in one of the most dense populations on earth that that shows pretty clearly that ISIS is definitely way outside of the Muslim mainstream, so the chances of a tiny Manoa mosque being full of sympathizers is next to nil.
-
Attack in Jakarta today. Practically everyone on that island is Muslim and they had it cleaned up in 3 hours with only one Canadian and a cop as casualties. If they could only find five guys to carry out an attack in one of the most dense populations on earth that that shows pretty clearly that ISIS is definitely way outside of the Muslim mainstream, so the chances of a tiny Manoa mosque being full of sympathizers is next to nil.
Very true. The only problem is that it only takes one...
-
Attack in Jakarta today. Practically everyone on that island is Muslim and they had it cleaned up in 3 hours with only one Canadian and a cop as casualties. If they could only find five guys to carry out an attack in one of the most dense populations on earth that that shows pretty clearly that ISIS is definitely way outside of the Muslim mainstream, so the chances of a tiny Manoa mosque being full of sympathizers is next to nil.
Really? Do you personally know what these people believe? Do you know each and every person from that mosque? Can you be sure with absolute certainty that NONE of them are sympathizers? Have you personally seen each and every member openly denounce isis and/or other islam based terrorist groups?
Till you can answer those questions, I will not take your word for it.
-
Really? Do you personally know what these people believe? Do you know each and every person from that mosque? Can you be sure with absolute certainty that NONE of them are sympathizers? Have you personally seen each and every member openly denounce isis and/or other islam based terrorist groups?
Till you can answer those questions, I will not take your word for it.
I agree. Until someone speaks or acts to reveal themselves, you have no way of knowing how far up or down on the "Radicalization" scale anyone is, not just current Muslims. We've had non-Muslim Americans being radicalized to go fight with or support the "rebels" (ISIS) in Syria.
You can't make broad assumptions that Muslims are not radicalized due to lack of participation in terrorism any more than you can assume all Muslims are radical terrorists.
-
http://www.staradvertiser.com/hawaii-news/fbi-terror-case-aided-by-hawaii-muslims/
Well they already helped catch at lest one crackpot. If anything they have shown themselves to be the kind of place that radicals would want to avoid.
-
http://www.staradvertiser.com/hawaii-news/fbi-terror-case-aided-by-hawaii-muslims/
Well they already helped catch at lest one crackpot. If anything they have shown themselves to be the kind of place that radicals would want to avoid.
Anyone can throw some meat to the wolves to throw off the scent.
You completely avoided my previous post because you know you can't actually answer those questions, which means you can't guarantee NONE of the people in that mosque are potentially radicalized or sympathizers.
-
http://www.staradvertiser.com/hawaii-news/fbi-terror-case-aided-by-hawaii-muslims/
Well they already helped catch at lest one crackpot. If anything they have shown themselves to be the kind of place that radicals would want to avoid.
Whatever the Muslim Association did was very ambiguous. "Great contributions to Law Enforcement" could be an exaggeration for PR purposes. The descriptions about their involvement were very general, glowing terms.
Since the suspect was on the No Fly list and was arrested for activities while a New York resident, planning to try and join the Taliban, he was obviously already in the FBI's radar. No one "turned him in".
Seems more like a fluff piece for the local Muslim Association. The actual crimes seem to be his making false statements to Law Enforcement connected with his attempts to travel to the Middle East.
I'd be more impressed if they turned him in for plotting to blow up the Arizona Memorial.
-
I'd be more impressed if they turned him in for plotting to blow up the Arizona Memorial.
I'd be impressed when they hold a press conference and openly denounce any and all terrorist organizations, and state that they do not represent islam and that they embarrass their religion.
-
There's nothing wrong with being a little paranoid as long as you keep things in perspective. We have the NSA fusion center in Wahiawa and we're on one of the most militarized places on earth. Can't even surf the base as a civilian any more without having the wrinkles on your sphincter counted. This is the place where Ed Snowden blew the lid off the conspiracy to illegally record our phone calls and listen to our emails. I'm pretty sure nothing major is going to happen unless it's some kind of false flag or state-sponsored act of war, and even if a couple loonies get loose it's not like they can kill us all.
-
There's nothing wrong with being a little paranoid as long as you keep things in perspective. We have the NSA fusion center in Wahiawa and we're on one of the most militarized places on earth. Can't even surf the base as a civilian any more without having the wrinkles on your sphincter counted. This is the place where Ed Snowden blew the lid off the conspiracy to illegally record our phone calls and listen to our emails. I'm pretty sure nothing major is going to happen unless it's some kind of false flag or state-sponsored act of war, and even if a couple loonies get loose it's not like they can kill us all.
Imagine one lone radical taking a rental SUV to Waikiki one busy night. How many people could he run over before being cornered by HPD. It could happen all over the island, somewhere that there isn't a police station/substation nearby.
Something similar just happened in Las Vegas.One dead and 3 dozen wounded. I'm sure many of the injuries could have been life-threatening.
It doesn't have to be guns and bombs and beheadings. It could be a guy taking a helicopter tour who hijacks the craft and has enough training to find his target and crash into it -- maybe one of our many military sites, or the state capital.
When it comes to terrorism, we have to think outside the box. It's not paranoia to imagine all the ways you are vulnerable. You may not be able to guard against it all, but to say you are sure nothing major will happen here is a bit on the "que sera sera" side of preparedness.
-
Imagine one lone radical taking a rental SUV to Waikiki one busy night. How many people could he run over before being cornered by HPD. It could happen all over the island, somewhere that there isn't a police station/substation nearby.
I guess no one likes my Costco as a target concern....
-
Whew, I guess we can tell all the JTTF guys in Hawaii to stand down as far as Hawaii is concerned and there is no need to monitor anyone anymore here locally in the islands. They can now strictly focus efforts in other areas of the pacific rim. Their intel is wrong as some from 2AH have it figured out.
-
I guess no one likes my Costco as a target concern....
Content removed to keep the guilty from using it to harm people.
-
Post deleted.
Moral of story, be aware of guys in trench coats in Hawaii.
Especially in Costco.
-
Do you guys really think posting these ideas is a smart thing to do? :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
If someone borrows the idea and follows through with one of your posts, you might get a knock on your door.
If the terrorists post on social media that they got the idea from 2ahawaii, think what the public would say about us gun folks. You can say goodbye to our gun rights in this statist place.
-
I guess no one likes my Costco as a target concern....
Too much pork and alcohol there to worry ....
>:D
-
Do you guys really think posting these ideas is a smart thing to do? :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
If someone borrows the idea and follows through with one of your posts, you might get a knock on your door.
If the terrorists post on social media that they got the idea from 2ahawaii, think what the public would say about us gun folks. You can say goodbye to our gun rights in this statist place.
Then I guess TV shows, movies and the news need to censor these scenarios, so terrorists don't get bright ideas.
Imagine the backlash if someone saw the Paris attacks on the news and tried that again in, say, San Bernardino or Jakarta! Boy, would that be bad!
-
If they blame Hollywood, nothing will happen. These guys are liberal central.
But if blame 2aHawaii, I bet you something will happen.
I'm not for censoring speech. I'm just asking you guys to exercise some prudence in what you post. Remember when the media was making reference to tosh.0 during one of the last terrorist attack and how the comments were supposedly encouraging it?
-
All terrorists can do is take away your life. The government can take that away plus everything else.
-
All terrorists can do is take away your life. The government can take that away plus everything else.
is that supposed to be like the latest political blurb that "rape only last minutes"
-
If they blame Hollywood, nothing will happen. These guys are liberal central.
But if blame 2aHawaii, I bet you something will happen.
I'm not for censoring speech. I'm just asking you guys to exercise some prudence in what you post. Remember when the media was making reference to tosh.0 during one of the last terrorist attack and how the comments were supposedly encouraging it?
Yeah, they already saw that blaming a video and quashing the First Amendment will be the government's first knee jerk response given the proper motivation.
Radicals do what they do regardless of the rationalizations they put forth as reasons. No difference between exercising prudence and political correctness. It's all a form of control, and if we play that game, we've already lost.
There is a huge difference between inciting them and posting "what ifs". If they want to try and blame/credit anyone for a given idea, it's just meant to deflect blame from the perpetrators.
-
I guess the issue is that any discussion of possible targets and how to safeguard them also runs the risk that someone will get an idea they had not yet had. No one thought about airplanes into buildings until it happened. I had thought about it before 9/11 but never said it to anyone. I don't think my sharing that scenario would have ended up making law enforcement do anything differently though. As much as we plan for contingencies, there will always be someone who thinks of something no one else considered before but in hindsight seems so obvious.
I certainly hope no one plans an active shooter incident at costco but it is also good to be aware of the risks such places face.
-
I guess the issue is that any discussion of possible targets and how to safeguard them also runs the risk that someone will get an idea they had not yet had. No one thought about airplanes into buildings until it happened. I had thought about it before 9/11 but never said it to anyone. I don't think my sharing that scenario would have ended up making law enforcement do anything differently though. As much as we plan for contingencies, there will always be someone who thinks of something no one else considered before but in hindsight seems so obvious.
I certainly hope no one plans an active shooter incident at costco but it is also good to be aware of the risks such places face.
Sure they had.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B001QEAQP8/?tag=2ahawaii-20 (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B001QEAQP8/?tag=2ahawaii-20)
I seriously doubt that anybody here is going to give any jihadis any ideas they haven't already had. Unless somebody has "inside" information about vulnerabilities and then posts it here (which would be pretty unlikely), I don't think we're telling bad guys anything they haven't come up with on their own.