Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - RSN172

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 197
1
Preparedness and Survival / Re: Hurricane season 2026
« on: September 09, 2026, 10:10:32 PM »
My daughter on Kauai, lives in Lihue, said most of Lihue got their power back this evening.

Meanwhile here on the BI, my neighborhood was without power from August 15 to 27.  Wasn’t bad for me.  I have 2 PowerWalls and 4 generators, 12000, 7850, 4125 and 3000W.  The two smaller ones are quiet inverters, the big one burned out its ignition switch so it is down until the new switch gets here on the 22nd.  I am going to sell the EU3000, not enough power for my use. What happened to my big generator is why I need a backup to the backup.
2
Preparedness and Survival / Re: Hurricane season 2026
« on: August 20, 2026, 03:08:51 PM »
All the stores caught on couple years ago and do not allow returns on many items purchased before, during and right after a declared pending disaster or storm.  All the big box stores, City Mill and many others do not allow returns on generators, bottled water, batteries, flashlights and many other items.
3
Political Discussion / Re: What the yacht?!
« on: August 18, 2026, 08:28:57 AM »
I was born on Molokai, grew up there and graduated from Molokai HS.

There were some, but now a lot more assholes living there who not even from there.
4
General Discussion / Re: Would you?
« on: August 09, 2026, 10:38:37 PM »
DO NOT EVER LET A CRIMINAL TAKE YOU TO A SECOND CRIME SCENE.

Unless you want to let them torture you and kill you at their leisure.
5
Legal and Activism / Re: 3rd Circuit Court: NJ AWB overturned
« on: August 06, 2026, 12:35:01 PM »
Dis staying bizness is bullshit.
6
Off Topic / Re: Why Buy an Older Vehicle?
« on: August 06, 2026, 09:24:19 AM »
He makes some good points but I wouldn’t limit my search only to cars 2000-2012.  I bought a 2013 Prius V with 69,600 miles that just had the whole brake system replaced. The brake actuator was a weak spot on those years.  Owner paid over $4000 for that repair.  Bought it for $11,700 two years ago and it currently has 93,700 miles. I have not had a single problem with it.  It had the original hybrid battery, I checked it a few months ago with the Dr Prius app and it showed 69% life left.

In March of this year I bought a 2017 Ram 1500 Longhorn 4x4 with the 5.7 Hemi to replace my 2001 Ram 2500 4x4 Cummins with a 6 spd stick. Since I am retired I no longer need a heavy duty truck. I bought this truck from WA state with 76,500 miles and my friend who lives there went to look at it for me.  Truck was in immaculate condition and even the undercarriage was spotless.  Not a drop of fluid or oil mist anywhere and even stuff that you normally see surface rust on, like the hose spring clamps were clean and shiny.  When I got the truck, I changed the engine and trans oil.  Yesterday I installed a Diablo Trinity 2 with the unlocked PCM.  In addition to improving the power, throttle response and sharpening the transmission shifts, it also disabled the MDS cylinder deactivation.  I did due diligence and checked for best years and 2017 is at the top of the list in many surveys.

The last new car I bought was a 2011 Scion XB.  I definitely would not buy anything newer than 2022 and I would not limit my choices to 2000-2012 like was suggested in the video.
7
General Discussion / Democrat with gun and knife gets knocked out
« on: August 05, 2026, 08:25:04 AM »
This is a weird and funny story.  He must be a Democrat since he is running against Jill Tokuda in the Primary.

https://share.newsbreak.com/j7rjmb6q

Sorry, found same story under Political discussion.
8
Some people got nothing better to do than complain about stupid shit.
9
Pretty sure 12 gauge slug to the chest at distances under 25 yards will take anybody out, even if they were wearing body armor.

Please correct me if I am wrong.  I keep my AR15 and 12 ga pump next to each other.  I always figured I would grab the AR first.
10
General Discussion / Re: Airguns Hawaii
« on: July 20, 2026, 09:15:32 AM »
My cousins on Molokai use .45 and .50 cal PCP rifles with suppressors to hunt deer.  Very quiet and powerful.

I use a Umarex G19 clone to practice CC draw and fire at distances from 6 to 15 ft.  No aiming, draw and fire from hip.
11
General Discussion / Re: Buying a gun in Japan
« on: July 02, 2026, 07:09:08 AM »
Sounds exactly like what the HI legislature gets wet dreams about.
12
Legal and Activism / Re: Green not happy
« on: June 27, 2026, 09:33:09 AM »
The majority of suicides among men involve hanging, carbon monoxide poisoning and firearms.  However, the majority of suicides among women involve drug overdose.



The three guys I knew personally who killed themselves all did it by hanging.  Two because of marital problems and one went into deep depression after his father died.
13
Political Discussion / Re: Aloha Taxes
« on: May 28, 2026, 03:57:01 PM »
Just make it 15% to claim the top spot.  Why settle for nbr 3?
14
Political Discussion / Re: Keeping the "A" in Hawaii ...again...
« on: May 27, 2026, 07:57:53 PM »
Democrats will do anything to win..    Would be great if they elected more truly dead people and not just brain dead.
15
Political Discussion / Re: Keeping the "A" in Hawaii ...again...
« on: May 27, 2026, 05:21:39 PM »
Unfortunately her term runs to Jan 5, 2031, at which point she will be reelected again, unless she kicks da bucket befo den.
16
General Discussion / Re: No wasp spray for SD
« on: March 27, 2026, 03:44:12 PM »
Brake and carb cleaner would work, but it will likely permanently blind and maybe even kill the person you spray it on.  Stick to pepper spray

since no one here does anything illegal.
17
Silly rednecks. Kailua-Kona is not the country
Yeah, a lot of Kailua-Kona subdivisions are built like Oahu.In my area of Puna, I hear multiple gunshots several times a month.

No one calls the cops because no one gives a shit.  Cops only come here in twos or threes, never by themselves.
18
Off Topic / Re: The US Treasury isn't Making Any Cents!
« on: January 30, 2026, 10:20:31 AM »
Keep your pennys.  Very useful if you need a washer and don’t have the right size.  You can hammer it a bit and then drill a hole the size you need.

The diameter wouldn’t work for all cases, but for most normal sizes, it works fine.
19
Political Discussion / Re: pretty please!
« on: January 24, 2026, 02:33:42 AM »
More stupid laws to waste people’s and police time.
20
General Discussion / Re: we need mean machete laws...
« on: January 23, 2026, 06:25:32 AM »
Big brawl in Hilo last night involving machetes and baseball bats. Covered several blocks with guys and even some gals
  chasing each other. 
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 197