I don't care what's said ... I care what's getting done .... (Read 3835 times)

Flapp_Jackson

I don't care what's said ... I care what's getting done ....
« on: January 29, 2017, 09:37:53 PM »
Both of these photos were taken in the first week after inauguration....

The reasonable man adapts himself to the world;
the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself.
Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
-- George Bernard Shaw

Inspector

Re: I don't care what's said ... I care what's getting done ....
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2017, 06:44:22 AM »
While I cannot verify the validity of your photo I whole heartedly agree with your title: "I don't care what's said ... I care what's getting done ...."  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
SCIENCE THAT CAN’T BE QUESTIONED IS PROPAGANDA!!!

oldfart

Re: I don't care what's said ... I care what's getting done ....
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2017, 08:12:28 AM »
One of my favorite quotes is, "nothing wrong with shooting, as long as the right people get shot" (Dirty Harry)

Along those lines I will say, "nothing wrong with pissing people off, as long as the right people get pissed off"

I realized a long time ago that you can't make everybody happy all the time.
It is amusing for me to see so many people get pissed off
What, Me Worry?

drck1000

Re: I don't care what's said ... I care what's getting done ....
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2017, 08:38:10 AM »
Actions speak louder than words. 

That said, Trump says some stupid shit and I hope at least some of it has some calculated grand scheme behind it.  Sort of like a fighter talking all sort of trash, getting people to love or hate him.  Both conjuring up strong emotions in people that ultimately make people want to watch the contest.  Chael Sonnen seems to be like that.  A master of trash talking, but seems to be a genuinely good guy and coach, at least from what I saw of him outside the ring. 

I for one am anxious to see what Trump makes of this opportunity.  But I am willing to give him a fair shake. 

Inspector

Re: I don't care what's said ... I care what's getting done ....
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2017, 08:50:05 AM »
Actions speak louder than words. 

That said, Trump says some stupid shit and I hope at least some of it has some calculated grand scheme behind it.  Sort of like a fighter talking all sort of trash, getting people to love or hate him.  Both conjuring up strong emotions in people that ultimately make people want to watch the contest.  Chael Sonnen seems to be like that.  A master of trash talking, but seems to be a genuinely good guy and coach, at least from what I saw of him outside the ring. 

I for one am anxious to see what Trump makes of this opportunity.  But I am willing to give him a fair shake.
I keep hearing that all that stupid shit he says is calculated to take the MSM media attention off of what he is doing and deflect the MSM media towards the stupid shit. That way they won't report on what he is actually doing and he can catch them in lies about stupid shit and then question why they are not reporting on what is really happening. He can then make his case in press conferences without them trying to spin it first. Making them look even worse than they are. In the meantime the people who want to know what is really happening are effectively cheering him on and ignoring the MSM. Apparently it is working if true.

My gut feeling is that he just says stupid shit, though.  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
SCIENCE THAT CAN’T BE QUESTIONED IS PROPAGANDA!!!

drck1000

Re: I don't care what's said ... I care what's getting done ....
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2017, 08:56:50 AM »
1) I keep hearing that all that stupid shit he says is calculated to take the MSM media attention off of what he is doing and deflect the MSM media towards the stupid shit. That way they won't report on what he is actually doing and he can catch them in lies about stupid shit and then question why they are not reporting on what is really happening. He can then make his case in press conferences without them trying to spin it first. Making them look even worse than they are. In the meantime the people who want to know what is really happening are effectively cheering him on and ignoring the MSM. Apparently it is working if true.

2) My gut feeling is that he just says stupid shit, though.  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1) I recall hearing that on either NPR this morning or maybe over the weekend.  Sort of like the boxing move where you distract them by waving around your power punch hand to their attention.  Once you've got their attention on the 2, you pop them with the 1.   ;D

2) Yeah.  While I want to believe he is sort of playing rope a dope, I believe he just says stupid shit.  For better or worse, I think that sort of raw and brutal honesty is what people gravitated to with Trump.  As opposed to the sort of robotic, always calculated and seemingly always half truth and hidden agenda stuff typical of politicians.  Or did I just describe what I am hoping that Trump is doing. . . haha.  It's Monday and I need more sleep. 

Inspector

Re: I don't care what's said ... I care what's getting done ....
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2017, 10:17:58 AM »
1) I recall hearing that on either NPR this morning or maybe over the weekend.  Sort of like the boxing move where you distract them by waving around your power punch hand to their attention.  Once you've got their attention on the 2, you pop them with the 1.   ;D

2) Yeah.  While I want to believe he is sort of playing rope a dope, I believe he just says stupid shit.  For better or worse, I think that sort of raw and brutal honesty is what people gravitated to with Trump.  As opposed to the sort of robotic, always calculated and seemingly always half truth and hidden agenda stuff typical of politicians.  Or did I just describe what I am hoping that Trump is doing. . . haha.  It's Monday and I need more sleep.
I agree about the brutal honesty. While I appreciate that in friends and family I am not convinced yet that it is a good thing for a politician. Especially when it come to foreign affairs. Not that I want any politician to lie to us. I guess I just expect politicians to be a little more polished than Trump.

I hear ya about sleep... On my 3rd cup 'o joe already this morning cuz I seem to be able to fall asleep easier here at work than at home.  :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping:
SCIENCE THAT CAN’T BE QUESTIONED IS PROPAGANDA!!!

Flapp_Jackson

Re: I don't care what's said ... I care what's getting done ....
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2017, 12:26:15 PM »
I agree about the brutal honesty. While I appreciate that in friends and family I am not convinced yet that it is a good thing for a politician. Especially when it come to foreign affairs. Not that I want any politician to lie to us. I guess I just expect politicians to be a little more polished than Trump.

I hear ya about sleep... On my 3rd cup 'o joe already this morning cuz I seem to be able to fall asleep easier here at work than at home.  :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping:

Trump was raised in New York, and people are surprised he's got a mouth on him that likes to talk big?  LOL! 

That's part of what got him elected.  People are tired of capitulating failures.  We want a fighter who isn't ashamed of having beliefs.  I'd rather vote for the transparent foul mouth I can trust means what he says over a politician who only speaks publicly in well crafted and nonspecific rhetoric.
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world;
the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself.
Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
-- George Bernard Shaw