24.3%
Dan (Kaneohe GS).
27.8%
Dale (YoungGuns).
2.4%
One of the other guys.
7.7%
Total Members Voted

Poll time: who's the grouchiest gun store owner on Oahu? (Read 76040 times)

DeejayTTHawaii

Re: Poll time: who's the grouchiest gun store owner on Oahu?
« Reply #180 on: September 08, 2013, 12:11:38 AM »
Amen to that.
Anyways I had an unpleasant experience at Honolulu firearms with just one of the guys. The young asian guy had a very arrogant attitude when I asked him about getting an item. Since then I haven't returned to the shop.
I do like Tony from Gun source he's a cool guy, but when he started to inflate his prices, I don't really want to go back to buy anything purely because I don't want to pay a ridiculous amount for something. It suck ls cause he's real helpful and nice.
I also really like OGC. and SEC. Prices are awesome and that's what drew me to the places in the first place.

Q

« Reply #181 on: September 08, 2013, 01:06:34 AM »
« Last Edit: September 25, 2016, 09:10:10 PM by Q »

TastesLikeMetal

« Reply #182 on: September 08, 2013, 09:06:11 AM »
And it doesn't help that they can request / pay yelp to remove those negative reviews.

Did not know this, is this new?

jaynick

« Reply #183 on: September 16, 2013, 09:56:21 AM »
Did not know this, is this new?
wouldnt be that surprising, most 3rd party ratings can be 'finessed'
 better business bureau will bump you up a grade for a fee

Kingkeoni

« Reply #184 on: September 16, 2013, 06:12:31 PM »
All those yelp and other "user" submitted reviews are manipulated by friends and employees of whatever business is being rated.
Your number one Option for Personal Security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.

Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.

Q

« Reply #185 on: September 16, 2013, 11:17:45 PM »
« Last Edit: September 25, 2016, 09:18:13 PM by Q »

BLKDRGN

« Reply #186 on: September 17, 2013, 10:41:18 AM »
I think a new poll should be made for 2013 and a new one for 2014. Things could have changed for the better.

As for Yelp, a couple of my poor reviews got removed. I also know that some owners get their friends to put in 5 stars for them. I generally don't believe the good reviews, only the bad ones. They are the ones that are honest. Never trust a 5 star review.
Google it cause every question is a dumb question.

passivekinetic

« Reply #187 on: September 19, 2013, 09:12:59 AM »
Honolulu Firearms is not Magnum Firearms anymore.

I can say with certitude that anyone who was a jerk, is now long gone. And it was more than just one person.

I agree with what KK said about them turning it around from being the most jerk-ass store on Oahu, to probably one of the best.

I have had nothing but top service from them recently.

The people there now are great. It is bad that they inherited the B.S. from a past era, and it will take some time for them to recover from that bad press.

As for the other stores, nothing they can do would bother me as much as what Art-titude I experienced at Magnum, so I am cool with all the other stores (so far).

Magnum needed a regime change, and it was done in a manner not voluntarily for the previous owner, but for the better.

Let's not forget the forest for the trees.

EVERYONE who is a responsible firearm owner should (unless I am missing something) want to grow the number of responsible and properly trained firearms owners in America, whether store owners, or customers. That also goes for firearms forums. Unless you are debating a specific point (and keeping to debating the points, not the persons), there is no need to cause animosity amongst our community. The mainstream media is working hard to do that to us already, so there is little need for us to help that agenda along. I should not need to say this, but maybe a reminder is timely here lest we forget the larger picture.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2013, 09:19:37 AM by passivekinetic »
"The sheep fear sheepdogs, because they fail to see the wolves."
- Anonymous

aieahound

« Reply #188 on: September 19, 2013, 12:25:00 PM »
Daniel at KGS must have read this thread ( or took his meds today ) because he was THE COOLEST guy today.

I gotta give props to him because I had a great experience in his store.
“ I’ve had enough of someone else’s propaganda… I’m for truth, no matter who tells it. I’m for justice, no matter who it is for or against.”

thebadness

« Reply #189 on: September 19, 2013, 09:11:17 PM »
Daniel at KGS must have read this thread ( or took his meds today ) because he was THE COOLEST guy today.

I gotta give props to him because I had a great experience in his store.

Last time i went to KGS it was during the panic.  He was still selling stripped lowers with $0 panic markups for $99 each. When i got there, i bought two.  He even gave me a $4 discount per lower!  He's definitely earned regular customer that day.  Well.....a regular customer if i had money to buy anything LOL  :crazy:  ::)

Q

« Reply #190 on: September 19, 2013, 11:47:06 PM »
« Last Edit: October 02, 2016, 07:28:15 PM by Q »

Kingkeoni

« Reply #191 on: September 20, 2013, 05:38:32 AM »
I must say, his attitude has been improving quite a bit lately.

Gave him a rang a few weeks ago, and he was very accommodating and helpful. Was wondering if it was just a fluke, and called again for another item, and same thing.

If this keeps up, I'll definitely swing by with my brother to see how it goes. If he can maintain this good attitude with my brother, he will earn a lifetime customer in him.

The reality is that threads like this open the eyes of gun store owners and employees.

They actually do read these threads or have customers and friends that read it.

Being mean to customers is shooting yourself in the foot and taking money from your own pocket.

We are fortunate here on Oahu to have some very good gun stores. 99% of the owners and employees are very nice, helpful and knowledgeable.

Your number one Option for Personal Security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.

Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.

passivekinetic

« Reply #192 on: September 20, 2013, 05:45:05 AM »
Yes. It is actually surprising how many LGS we have here, and all of them are generally decent.

The equation is simple: The more responsible gun owners there are in America, the more protected our rights are (not just gun rights, also other rights). Everything we say and do should be to help new owners get competent, and attract (not turn away) potential new owners. This includes helping give critical feedback to LGS so that THEY can improve their services and in this way we will indirectly help the next customer who walks into the LGS.
"The sheep fear sheepdogs, because they fail to see the wolves."
- Anonymous