First Handgun decision (Read 15381 times)

fstbckgt

Re: First Handgun decision
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2011, 01:50:54 AM »
I took the course on the 30th. We shot a pair of Glocks, .22 beretta , Colt 1911, & the S&W 686. I definitely want a Colt Series 70 or SA Mil Spec next, but when I went into the shop to get my course affidavit they had a .45 Baby Eagle in the case, since I was able to handle one I decided then and there on the 9mm. I probably would have gone with the CZ if they had one but the only one they had in the case at the time was a CZ97.

Echo5Alpha

Re: First Handgun decision
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2011, 02:15:29 PM »
haha Ox!  that was the first 1911 I bought from Eugene when he ran the other shop :)

How has it been treating you?  Did you get any other work done to it?

Kingkeoni

Re: First Handgun decision
« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2011, 06:16:03 PM »
I took the course on the 30th. We shot a pair of Glocks, .22 beretta , Colt 1911, & the S&W 686. I definitely want a Colt Series 70 or SA Mil Spec next, but when I went into the shop to get my course affidavit they had a .45 Baby Eagle in the case, since I was able to handle one I decided then and there on the 9mm. I probably would have gone with the CZ if they had one but the only one they had in the case at the time was a CZ97.

The CZ75 is an awesome handgun. Baby Eagle sounds like a toy. (just my opinion)
Your number one Option for Personal Security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.

Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.

fstbckgt

Re: First Handgun decision
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2011, 09:14:20 PM »
I wish MR could just sell it as what it is, the Jericho 941. A CZ75 compact or P01 is definitely on my list as well, I've got plenty of time to build a collection. + If the 941 wasn't based on the CZ75 I wouldn't have chosen it.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 09:33:12 PM by fstbckgt »

Kingkeoni

Re: First Handgun decision
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2011, 10:44:30 PM »
I wish MR could just sell it as what it is, the Jericho 941. A CZ75 compact or P01 is definitely on my list as well, I've got plenty of time to build a collection. + If the 941 wasn't based on the CZ75 I wouldn't have chosen it.

I know, I'm not against the Jericho, I just hate the (baby eagle) name.  It is after all, a CZ clone.
Your number one Option for Personal Security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.

Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.

fstbckgt

Re: First Handgun decision
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2011, 11:59:47 PM »
I wish MR could just sell it as what it is, the Jericho 941. A CZ75 compact or P01 is definitely on my list as well, I've got plenty of time to build a collection. + If the 941 wasn't based on the CZ75 I wouldn't have chosen it.

I know, I'm not against the Jericho, I just hate the (baby eagle) name.  It is after all, a CZ clone.

as do I

Kingkeoni

Re: First Handgun decision
« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2011, 12:03:17 AM »
I wish MR could just sell it as what it is, the Jericho 941. A CZ75 compact or P01 is definitely on my list as well, I've got plenty of time to build a collection. + If the 941 wasn't based on the CZ75 I wouldn't have chosen it.

I know, I'm not against the Jericho, I just hate the (baby eagle) name.  It is after all, a CZ clone.

as do I

I'll be at the range on Sunday with my CZ-75 9mm.

If you bring some 9mm you can shoot the sweet joy that is the CZ-75.
Your number one Option for Personal Security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.

Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.

Aiea78

  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1683
  • Total likes: 99
  • Grab em by the handles
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: First Handgun decision
« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2011, 12:28:45 AM »
haha Ox!  that was the first 1911 I bought from Eugene when he ran the other shop :)

How has it been treating you?  Did you get any other work done to it?

Love it.  Put on extended mag release, S&A flat MSH and magwell, slip in textured front strap,  and beautiful Esmeralda grips.  shit ton (ok not quite) of 10 rd mags. 
Assault Rifle? What I have here is an Anti-Assault Rifle.
Proud Member 2016 2a Day Dozen open holster carry crew yo

Aiea78

  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1683
  • Total likes: 99
  • Grab em by the handles
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: First Handgun decision
« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2011, 12:42:07 AM »
oh yeah on topic, my first handgun was a Walter P99 because it just fit right.  has a really strange trigger DA but it can be pre-staged to half pulled/quck action setting for the first shot.  at the time Glocks were just hitting the scene and gathering big momentum but there wasn't a slim / compact version yet.  Heck I barely knew what a Glock was then but it was awesome to walk into a nice big gunshop in the middle of the financial district and go shopping.  I don't even think there was a waiting period :D

aside: now I see some people complaining about the PPS mag release (a great carry and first gun as well) but since that style is what I started with it doesn't bother me none.  could be argued as better for carry since no chance of accidentally hitting the release button on the draw but I'm not the right person to make that call.
Assault Rifle? What I have here is an Anti-Assault Rifle.
Proud Member 2016 2a Day Dozen open holster carry crew yo

fstbckgt

Re: First Handgun decision
« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2011, 02:33:51 PM »
I wish MR could just sell it as what it is, the Jericho 941. A CZ75 compact or P01 is definitely on my list as well, I've got plenty of time to build a collection. + If the 941 wasn't based on the CZ75 I wouldn't have chosen it.

I know, I'm not against the Jericho, I just hate the (baby eagle) name.  It is after all, a CZ clone.

as do I

I'll be at the range on Sunday with my CZ-75 9mm.

If you bring some 9mm you can shoot the sweet joy that is the CZ-75.

I really wish i had the afternoons off on Sundays, once I've got the BE I'll have to get make it happen. Hopefully 2 weeks from tomorrow I'll be back at OGC.