Benelli M4 922r compliance (Read 13873 times)

eyeeatingfish

Re: Benelli M4 922r compliance
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2015, 09:30:13 PM »
You've never traveled overseas, I take it.

There is a form all travelers returning from overseas must file to declare anything you are bringing in that was acquired while on travel.  Depending on the declared value, you may have to pay taxes.

This is another fact that can be located quickly and at no cost on the Internet.:

https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/list/search/1/kw/declaring%20items%20purchased%20abroad/suggested/1#s=eyJzZiI6eyIxMTAyMzUiOnsiZmlsdGVycyI6eyJub190cnVuY2F0ZSI6MCwicGFnZSI6Miwic2VhcmNoVHlwZSI6eyJmaWx0ZXJzIjp7ImRhdGEiOjUsInJuU2VhcmNoVHlwZSI6InNlYXJjaFR5cGUiLCJmbHRyX2lkIjo1fX0sImtleXdvcmQiOnsiZmlsdGVycyI6eyJkYXRhIjoiZGVjbGFyaW5nIGl0ZW1zIHB1cmNoYXNlZCBhYnJvYWQiLCJyblNlYXJjaFR5cGUiOiJrZXl3b3JkIn19LCJwIjp7ImZpbHRlcnMiOnsiZGF0YSI6eyIwIjpudWxsfSwicm5TZWFyY2hUeXBlIjoibWVudWZpbHRlciIsImZsdHJfaWQiOjJ9fSwiYyI6eyJmaWx0ZXJzIjp7ImRhdGEiOnsiMCI6bnVsbH0sInJuU2VhcmNoVHlwZSI6Im1lbnVmaWx0ZXIiLCJmbHRyX2lkIjozfX19fX0sImMiOjN9

Does not appear to answer what I was getting at. I don't mean going on a trip and buying something to bring back, I mean if you are actually living somewhere else for an extended period of time and own something for that period of time.

suka

Re: Benelli M4 922r compliance
« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2015, 09:31:37 PM »
file a ATF FORM 6
Timeline on return can take 3-9 months.

suka

Re: Benelli M4 922r compliance
« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2015, 09:36:49 PM »
I had imported a few parts from Israel that total over $100 . It was shipped directly from the middle east to the US.    It is the same process for complete firearms or parts totaling over $100.


Any firearms  parts below $100 retail is exempt form filing with the ATF.

And Yes US Custom did open it and it took 3 weeks to get here, I assume the ATF had their hand in it too.