own an AR15? Don't eat at this restaurant (Read 16189 times)

Flapp_Jackson

Re: own an AR15? Don't eat at this restaurant
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2016, 10:48:55 AM »
Text of original post yesterday:

Quote
"I have spent 12 years, intentionally, not being political on this page because I embrace the diversity of opinions.
Let me be clear, this is not a political issue. This is a human rights issue. If you own this gun, or you condone the
ownership of this gun for private use, you may no longer enter either of my restaurants,
because the only thing I
want to teach my children is love. When we have seen our schools, our clubs, our movie theaters, our public places
of safety and celebration, be allowed to be targeted, remember that Grace is all of those things. You don't privately
own this weapon to protect your family, or to hunt. I understand that I may be offending members of my community,
but this is a human issue, not a gun owners issue, or a second amendment issue, it is about humans. I cannot, in
good conscience, accept anyone inside of my restaurants who believes that this is ok. Love is love, and only light
can drive out the darkness. I would be ashamed, as a parent and a human, if I did not use this platform to speak up.
How many people have to bury their loved ones before we say together, no more."
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world;
the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself.
Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
-- George Bernard Shaw

punaperson

Re: own an AR15? Don't eat at this restaurant
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2016, 10:50:58 AM »
or if you knew someone like a former detective? http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/32180505/lawsuit-2-hpu-professors-falsely-told-police-colleague-was-planning-shooting
There's an "old rumor" that someone had gained unauthorized access to the Hilo "registration" files and the addresses were being targeted by burglars in order to steal firearms. Unsubstantiated rumor, of course. I am not casting any aspersions upon the Hawaii County Hilo PD records division regarding their security policies and practices. Just a rumor. Still, I'd rather not be on any list at all subject to any intrusion and theft of my personal information.

That's why I will continue to submit the following bill to legislators every year (no takers/sponsors so far...): "HRS 134 (repealed)". Short. Sweet. To the point. Solves a lot of problems.

aieahound

Re: own an AR15? Don't eat at this restaurant
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2016, 10:55:51 AM »
Never mind, Terry posted it here.  :thumbsup:

230RN

  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1529
  • Total likes: 71
  • But they're [u]supposed[/u] to be military-style!
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: own an AR15? Don't eat at this restaurant
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2016, 10:57:08 AM »
(Originally posted on the wrong thread and moved to here.  Dumb Terry.)

Text of her original post:

Quote
I have spent 12 years, intentionally, not being political on this page because I embrace the diversity of opinions.
Except when the opinion differs from yours.
 
Quote
Let me be clear, this is not a political issue. This is a human rights issue.

Yet it is clearly. unequivocally, boldly and baldly stated as a fundamental civil right in the highest law of the land.  For clear and even present-day political reasons.

Quote
If you own this gun, or you condone the ownership of this gun for private use, you may no longer enter either of my restaurants, because the only thing I want to teach my children is love
.Without realizing that this sets your children up as victims for those people in the world who do not share your rather pollyanic view of people and who will willingly and enthusiastically prey on your beloved children when they enter the real world.

Quote
When we have seen our schools, our clubs, our movie theaters, our public places
of safety and celebration, be allowed to be targeted....
Yet "gun-free zones" such as you describe are the actual ones being targeted by my aforementioned predatory people.

Quote
... remember that Grace is all of those things. You don't privately own this weapon to protect your family, or to hunt.
I do not understand your accusation.  Developing various skills, be they target shooting with firearms or in archery, throwing a baseball over the plate, fine-tuning your poker playing, or enhancing your skill in cooking a fine meal are all part and parcel of being a human being.  To not advance in any of these pursuits and others is to resemble an unthinking insect.

Quote
I understand that I may be offending members of my community, but this is a human issue, not a gun owners issue, or a second amendment issue, it is about humans. I cannot, in good conscience, accept anyone inside of my restaurants who believes that this is ok. Love is love, and only light can drive out the darkness.
Except the "darkness" to which you refer is universal in the form of the evil predators to which I referred.  And in insisting that we ban the tools to resist this evil, you are naught but abetting it. 

Quote
I would be ashamed, as a parent and a human, if I did not use this platform to speak up.
Thus you have, and encountered reasoned resistance to your stand.
 
Quote
How many people have to bury their loved ones before we say together, "no more."
Somehow, I am reminded of Prime Minister Chamberlain's claims of  "Peace in our time" in 1938, a year prior to September of 1939.  You remember what happened then, don't you?

Her remarks are so typical of the wooly-headed attitudes of those who have never encountered genuine, hard-core evil and violence in the real world.  As I say, sometimes it takes a good mugging or a good tyranny to wake some peope up.

Terry, 230RN
« Last Edit: June 18, 2016, 12:01:52 PM by 230RN »
I do believe that the radical and crazy notion that the Founders meant what they said, is gradually soaking through the judicial system.

230RN

  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1529
  • Total likes: 71
  • But they're [u]supposed[/u] to be military-style!
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: own an AR15? Don't eat at this restaurant
« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2016, 12:52:32 PM »
I should have added "modern" firearms.
I do believe that the radical and crazy notion that the Founders meant what they said, is gradually soaking through the judicial system.

robtmc

Re: own an AR15? Don't eat at this restaurant
« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2016, 01:37:56 PM »
Rminds me of a local restaurant near my home that I refuse to eat at, though the wife want to try it.

Looked at their website.  Prominent in the introduction is:

"We are a Slow Food establishment committed to “a food system that is based on the principles of high quality and taste, environmental sustainability, and social justice."

What on earth "social justice" has to do with a restaurant, I am mystified, but it is obvious they have a liberal ax to grind.

No thanks, especially when I found out "slow food" means taking several hours to serve everything..............

These places can wear their liberal hair shirts all they want, but advertising it is a good thing, so as to avoid granting them a cent of profit.