hawaii primary election grades from nra-pvf (Read 11139 times)

aieahound

Re: hawaii primary election grades from nra-pvf
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2016, 01:52:00 PM »
  Regarding Aiea (also my district):

I know Tracy Arakaki had the hawaii shooting sports show but be careful there.

Quote From Star Advertiser:

“My family has been lifelong Democrats,” Arakaki said. “I was the former precinct president for the Democratic Party for Aiea District. Strong Democratic values is what I believe in. I didn’t change parties. I’ve always been a Democrat.”

Sam Kong:

Even as the incumbent, Kong is an unconventional candidate. The only money he has spent on his campaign is $500 of his own, on banners that, he said, “I can use forever.”

Added Kong, “I accept no donations and I seek no endorsements. That way, my constituents know I’m beholden to no one. … Everyone complains about how politicians are bought or influenced by money and outside powers that be or whatever. I don’t want to be like that.”

Heavies

Re: hawaii primary election grades from nra-pvf
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2016, 02:18:29 PM »
  Regarding Aiea (also my district):

I know Tracy Arakaki had the hawaii shooting sports show but be careful there.

Quote From Star Advertiser:

“My family has been lifelong Democrats,” Arakaki said. “I was the former precinct president for the Democratic Party for Aiea District. Strong Democratic values is what I believe in. I didn’t change parties. I’ve always been a Democrat.”

Sam Kong:

Even as the incumbent, Kong is an unconventional candidate. The only money he has spent on his campaign is $500 of his own, on banners that, he said, “I can use forever.”

Added Kong, “I accept no donations and I seek no endorsements. That way, my constituents know I’m beholden to no one. … Everyone complains about how politicians are bought or influenced by money and outside powers that be or whatever. I don’t want to be like that.”


:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

asinapple8805

Re: hawaii primary election grades from nra-pvf
« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2016, 07:54:54 AM »
Senate District 13 (Liliha, Palama, Iwilei, Kalihi, Nu‘uanu, Pacific Heights, Pauoa, Lower Tantalus, Downtown) - Formerly held by Suzanne Chun Oakland

Keone Nakoa is a friend of mine.  I talked to him quite a bit about laws relating to firearms and he is cognizant of the major issues.  He does recognize that ownership of firearms is a constitutionally protected right.

Jl808

Re: hawaii primary election grades from nra-pvf
« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2016, 08:45:36 AM »
  Regarding Aiea (also my district):

I know Tracy Arakaki had the hawaii shooting sports show but be careful there.

Quote From Star Advertiser:

“My family has been lifelong Democrats,” Arakaki said. “I was the former precinct president for the Democratic Party for Aiea District. Strong Democratic values is what I believe in. I didn’t change parties. I’ve always been a Democrat.”

Sam Kong:

Even as the incumbent, Kong is an unconventional candidate. The only money he has spent on his campaign is $500 of his own, on banners that, he said, “I can use forever.”

Added Kong, “I accept no donations and I seek no endorsements. That way, my constituents know I’m beholden to no one. … Everyone complains about how politicians are bought or influenced by money and outside powers that be or whatever. I don’t want to be like that.”

Democrat does not always mean anti-2a.  For example, look at Ken Ito.   But they do seem more like the exception than the rule.

Tracy Arakaki is a pro-2a guy and has done stuff in support for 2a, at the gun shows, and even the SSH TV show.
Sam Kong is a great guy and also pro-2a.

I  wish we had this kind of problem in other districts. 

Get to know their stances on other issues as I think that would be the deciding factors for them.   Good luck to both candidates and vote for your preference.
I think, therefore I am armed.
NRA Life Patron member, HRA Life member, HiFiCo Life Member, HDF member

The United States Constitution © 1791. All Rights Reserved.

aieahound

Re: hawaii primary election grades from nra-pvf
« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2016, 09:16:16 AM »
Yeah. I know Tracy is a 2A supporter.

I was just taken a little aback by how thick he laid it on in the press about his strong Democrat values, from a family of lifelong Democrats, former president of his precinct Democratic Party.

Sure made it sound like he'll follow the Party line.