Light for Long Gun - What's Your Preference? (Read 15089 times)

macsak

Re: Light for Long Gun - What's Your Preference?
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2017, 08:14:37 PM »
I have Malkoff heads mounted on 951 bodies and they have withheld a few magazines worth of live fire.
I had a 1st gen Surefire weaponlight with the incan bulb. The wire going into the switch failed.

heads

PalisadesKid

Re: Light for Long Gun - What's Your Preference?
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2017, 10:25:48 PM »
Have a M-Lok cantilever mount on one of my ARs and it works well enough for a TLR-1, recently tried a Daniel Defense 1 o'clock offset rail mount and it ends up placing the WML in a great position as well.



drck1000

Re: Light for Long Gun - What's Your Preference?
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2017, 08:24:24 AM »
I have Malkoff heads mounted on 951 bodies and they have withheld a few magazines worth of live fire.
I had a 1st gen Surefire weaponlight with the incan bulb. The wire going into the switch failed.
Was reading up on the Malkoff drop ins.  Seems like good stuff.  I also noticed their comment about the drop ins meant for metal body lights and that extended use (longer than 15 mins) on polymer body lights may damage the drop in. 

tim808

Re: Light for Long Gun - What's Your Preference?
« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2018, 05:02:36 PM »
Necro post.

I think the malkoff will be okay but the polymer body will probably melt if you use a high lumen malkoff

I have to find surefire bodies

drck1000

Re: Light for Long Gun - What's Your Preference?
« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2018, 05:36:26 PM »
Necro post.

I think the malkoff will be okay but the polymer body will probably melt if you use a high lumen malkoff

I have to find surefire bodies
Check out Arisaka Defense.

tim808

Re: Light for Long Gun - What's Your Preference?
« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2018, 06:52:23 PM »
Thanks! 

You had it right, the malkoff would get damaged.

There is a sale on malkoffs

mangosteenqueen

Re: Light for Long Gun - What's Your Preference?
« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2018, 07:11:29 PM »
I run a surefire G2x dual output on one AR with a Blackhawk low profile picatinny mount. The G2x was a bit small in diameter so I wrapped it in a layer of OD green duct tape to make up for the loss space and it works well.

Two other ARs run the streamlight protac rail mount 1, one of them is on a haley strategic thorntail picatinny Mount and the other AR has it sitting on a generic clamp on picatinny rail positioned at the 2:00 in front of the A2 fsb with the wire pressure pad velcroed and zip tied onto a small diameter CAR15/xm177 type handguard. I intend on upgrading it to a Arisaka mount for the A2 fsb.

Another AR has a old beat up surplus surefire m600 (I actually do t know if it’s even a legit one) that used to sit on a UnityTactical Fusion Hub but I ditched it because it just weighed too much and put the light on a mlok to pick rail section adapter at the 3:00 position.

I would buy another streamlight rail mount flashlight, but I do want to try out their TLR series.

mangosteenqueen

Re: Light for Long Gun - What's Your Preference?
« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2018, 07:21:33 PM »