Voting Registration and Voting By Mail (Read 13355 times)

Flapp_Jackson

Re: Voting Registration and Voting By Mail
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2018, 10:40:24 AM »
I do understand your point.  Just a personal gripe :)  Instead of having one election day, it's almost like creating 2 separate classes of voters voting at different times on the same election.  If the timing of the voting doesn't really matter, then they theorectically could just make voting year round.  Vote Jan 1 to primary deadline for primary.  Immediately after primary until november 14th (i think) for election.

Nobody can vote until the ballots are printed.  There are laws that govern when the cutoff dates are for petitioning to be on a ballot, last day a candidate can be removed, when they must be mailed for absentee/early voters, etc.  Logistically, since polls open on a given date based on the Constitution/laws, ballots will be prepared a minimum amount of time prior to election day.

Taken a step further, why not let people pre-vote when they register?  If I register as a Republican, why not automatically cast my vote in the general elections for the Republican candidates?
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world;
the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself.
Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
-- George Bernard Shaw

2ahavvaii

Re: Voting Registration and Voting By Mail
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2018, 10:52:04 AM »
^

Well that's kinda making my point, I think the actual casting of ballots should be done close to or on voting day.  again, just my 0.02.

changemyoil66

Re: Voting Registration and Voting By Mail
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2018, 11:30:18 AM »
Mailed my stuff in today. 

Flapp_Jackson

Re: Voting Registration and Voting By Mail
« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2018, 11:31:59 AM »
Mailed my stuff in today.

Trying to "stuff" the ballot box?    :geekdanc:
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world;
the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself.
Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
-- George Bernard Shaw

drck1000

Re: Voting Registration and Voting By Mail
« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2018, 02:03:31 PM »
Mailed in my ballot today.   :shaka:

I was going outside to put my ballot in a blue bin when a coworker stopped me in the hallway.  I think another coworker saw that I had the blue envelope in my hand and a few minutes later, he passed by with his blue envelope, so I gave him mine to drop in the blue bin.  When I saw him come back into the building, I was gonna joke with him and ask him for my receipt.  Haha

drck1000

Re: Voting Registration and Voting By Mail
« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2018, 12:23:56 PM »
Got a text from someone encouraging me to vote for the Blue Wave. Is there a site that we can give these numbers so that they get relentlessly spammed?

macsak

Re: Voting Registration and Voting By Mail
« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2018, 07:56:32 PM »
Got a text from someone encouraging me to vote for the Blue Wave. Is there a site that we can give these numbers so that they get relentlessly spammed?

I got the text today
I immediately responded "DO NOT TEXT AGAIN!"
they responded that they would remove me from the database immediately

drck1000

Re: Voting Registration and Voting By Mail
« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2018, 12:51:38 PM »
I got the text today
I immediately responded "DO NOT TEXT AGAIN!"
they responded that they would remove me from the database immediately
I read of some volunteers who sent texts getting some pretty interesting responses.  Apparently, a pretty popular response to unsolicited political texts are sending of dick pics.   :o

macsak

Re: Voting Registration and Voting By Mail
« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2018, 12:55:22 PM »
I read of some volunteers who sent texts getting some pretty interesting responses.  Apparently, a pretty popular response to unsolicited political texts are sending of dick pics.   :o

heads

Flapp_Jackson

Re: Voting Registration and Voting By Mail
« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2018, 01:04:47 PM »
Recommend you NEVER, EVER reply to any unsolicited, unknown-sender text messages.  Scammers often set them up to charge you on your cell bill when the text goes out of the country or to some subscription service.  A reply could cause way more problems for you than just annoying free texts.

If you right click on the message or use the messaging menu in the app, there should be a "Report as SPAM" option. You may then be requested by your service provider to text them the phone number of the sender.  They'll investigate and hopefully put a stop to the sender's practices.
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world;
the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself.
Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
-- George Bernard Shaw

drck1000

Re: Voting Registration and Voting By Mail
« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2018, 01:40:21 PM »
Here's the procedure for reporting spam on iOS (Iphones).

https://blog.cloudmark.com/2014/06/03/how-to-report-text-message-spam-ios7-iphone/

I bet mac already sent dick pics. . .

macsak

Re: Voting Registration and Voting By Mail
« Reply #31 on: October 29, 2018, 02:03:51 PM »
I bet mac already sent dick pics. . .


need "macro" lens
THOUSANDTHS!

changemyoil66

Re: Voting Registration and Voting By Mail
« Reply #32 on: October 29, 2018, 02:46:08 PM »
I read of some volunteers who sent texts getting some pretty interesting responses.  Apparently, a pretty popular response to unsolicited political texts are sending of dick pics.   :o

Unless the person initiating the text is under age.  Sex offender registry here you come.  I like to respond "Not today ISIS".

drck1000

Re: Voting Registration and Voting By Mail
« Reply #33 on: October 29, 2018, 03:03:02 PM »
Unless the person initiating the text is under age.  Sex offender registry here you come.  I like to respond "Not today ISIS".
I haven't responded to any.  Ended up ignoring them, but when I got them, I was super tempted to respond something like "don't text me or contact me ever again".  I mean I'd like to forward the number to some kids to have them harass the texter to teach them a lesson.  Or give that number out when the scammers call me.   ;D

zippz

Re: Voting Registration and Voting By Mail
« Reply #34 on: October 29, 2018, 04:59:28 PM »
I voted today at Honolulu Hale.  You can do same day voter registration if needed, just bring your Hawaii drivers license or state ID.



Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

« Last Edit: October 30, 2018, 04:57:22 AM by zippz »

London808

Re: Voting Registration and Voting By Mail
« Reply #35 on: October 29, 2018, 07:38:52 PM »
I voted today at Honolulu Hale.  You can do same day voter registration if needed, just bring your Hawaii drivers license or state ID.

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

i cant vote.............. OR CAN I
"Mr. Roberts is a bit of a fanatic, he has previously sued HPD about gun registration issues." : Major Richard Robinson 2016

Inspector

Re: Voting Registration and Voting By Mail
« Reply #36 on: October 30, 2018, 05:39:38 AM »
i cant vote.............. OR CAN I
If you are dead, you can vote Democrat.  :rofl:
SCIENCE THAT CAN’T BE QUESTIONED IS PROPAGANDA!!!

drck1000

Re: Voting Registration and Voting By Mail
« Reply #37 on: October 30, 2018, 07:18:41 AM »
If you are dead, you can vote Democrat.  :rofl:
I received and sent my ballot in, so no dead person voting for me this year. . .