COVID Vaccine in Hawaii (Read 28030 times)

macsak

Re: COVID Vaccine in Hawaii
« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2020, 04:47:49 PM »
Topic poster Ok'ed it so, its all green  :geekdanc:

Hmm, I would say if perhaps you were anti vaxx would explain your pessimistic views on covid and requirements to vaccinate to attend school etc.   If we went full tinfoil mode and my personal opinion, not assuming this is you, but anti-vaxxers are anti-science, or believe in fake science.   In my opinion they are pretty stupid for their beliefs.

If you were not anti vaxx I would question why would be against the mass vaccination of people if found to be safe.  We cured small pox and limited many viruses with vaccines safely.  Now I don't keep track of everyone's exact opinion but if I recall correctly you are on team covid is more like the flu than a horrible disease.  You being pro vaccinations would cause a little more confusion on that part.  As the science consensus is Covid is far worse than the flu and vaccines work.  Now if you believe in that why would not be pro vaccines. 

TLDR if you were anti vaxx it would explain some of your viewpoints.

for someone who is all about freedom, you certainly spend a lot of your efforts belittling others for their opinions
aren't they free to have their own opinions?

Rocky

Re: COVID Vaccine in Hawaii
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2020, 04:58:26 PM »
I’m going to wait and see how many extra heads people grow before trying it myself.
I'm thinking more like "I am Legend"
“I ask you to judge me by the enemies I have made.”
                                                           Franklin D. Roosevelt

mrgaf

Re: COVID Vaccine in Hawaii
« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2020, 05:47:52 PM »
 :tinfoil: :tinfoil: :sleeping: :sleeping:
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.  Thomas Paine.

No man can get rich in politics unless he is a crook.  It cannot be done. Harry Truman

Only good liberal is one taking a dirt nap.

omnigun

Re: COVID Vaccine in Hawaii
« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2020, 07:54:16 PM »
"Pessimistic"? You are demonstrating your unintelligence again. That word makes no sense in the context you use it... what's a "pessimistic view on covid"? What's a "pessimistic view  [of]requirements to vaccinate to attend school etc"?

Plus, I've never once made any comment at all, directly or indirectly, about "requirements to vaccinate to attend school etc.", so your attribution of that position to me is 100% false, even if using "pessimistic" to modify it made sense.

Are you claiming you've read all the literature on vaccination and that anyone else who has read all the literature and concludes that the risks of vaccination are not something they want to subject themselves and/or their children to are uninformed or misinformed? Because you say so? Just like you do about anyone who disagrees with you about anything at all (e.g. "anthropogenic climate change", etc.)? If vaccinations are so safe, why has the federal government passed a law protecting all vaccine manufacturers from personal liability lawsuits? If vaccine injury is "fake science" and believing in vaccine injury is "anti-science", why has the federal government, through the National Vaccine Injury Compensation Program, paid out over $4 BILLION in personal injury claims since 1988? You think the federal government paid $4 BILLION just to appease some "fake science" and "anti-science" wingnuts who were making non-credible claims of injury? If so, as you put it, you "are pretty stupid for [your] beliefs". Can't wait to hear your rational explanation for that.

When did I ever claim that I was "against mass vaccination"? I didn't. Your making stuff up again. Nothing new there. "We cured small pox and limited many viruses with vaccines safely." Again, if vaccinations are "safe", why has the National Vaccine Injury Compensation Program, paid out over $4 BILLION in personal injury claims since 1988? They didn't pay that out because vaccines are "safe". They paid that out because there have been $4 BILLION in injuries that were provably due to vaccinations. You don't just walk up to a window in government building and say "I was injured by a vaccine" and they immediately write you a big check on the spot. You have to make a credible case, and obviously, many people have made such cases: they were injured by vaccines. So your use of "safely" is false.

"[T]he science consensus is Covid is far worse than the flu". That's not true. It's worse than some flus (plus, there is extremely strong evidence that the death numbers attributed to Covid-19 are grossly inflated), especially for people over 70 and/or people with multiple comorbidities. For the vast majority of people under 60, the chance of fatality is almost zero. The "casedemic" is meaningless. Vaccinating the healthy younger population is nearly useless, and the same "herd immunity", which is the goal to prevent infections of the vulnerable who should be voluntarily adopting whatever level of quarantine or isolation they choose (or not), would be achieved, and perhaps with greater "efficiency" if the so-called economically and psychologically and physical health damaging lockdowns never happened (see: Sweden).

My original post was re how the government of Hawaii would attempt to "persuade" and "encourage" people to get vaccinated... given their public relations campaigns to shame people into wearing masks and staying home and not engaging ina any social activity (see the many posters and bullshit "public service announcements" we are bombarded with daily). My reference point was "the proposed “vaccination law”, which would allow the [Danish] police to “physically coerce vaccination through detainment”."

I find that forced vaccination "objectionable". I'm neither pro-vax nor anti-vax. I'm pro personal freedom and liberty, and any attempt by any government agency to mandate any violation of the personal freedom and liberty to choose to vaccinate or not is authoritarian fascism. So I guess you could say I'm anti-fa.

I apologize if I miss categorized you.  Everyone here I am used to attacking me and my ideas but everyone is slightly different.  Its fairly difficult to keep track.  I don't have a list of everyone's beliefs and what they said.  I am only human. Its one of my biggest flaws in posting here and one incredibly hard to correct but I will continue to try and improve.

It appeared from your post that you were against being "persuaded" from getting vaccinations.  While I do believe strongly in freedom like I said previously.  Vaccination is a public health issue.  If you want to be in public I think it should be required (aka school) .  It is however still your freedom to not get vaccinated.  But you forfeit public rights.  Just like in wartime, the publics good is important.  A persons decision to not vaccinate is a threat to another persons right to not be infected.  Infringing on that persons rights.  That's the gray area.  Yes I am claiming that  "literature" against vaccines are wrong and a person is misinformed about the issues.  Its public knowledge vaccines are good. As with everything there are dissenters,  people who think the earth is flat etc.   The majority of people do not think this and view those people who do as ignorant.  I am not sure about those claims you made about the injury claims, I would have to do more research before commenting on those.

The consensus is it IS worse than the current flu.  Just like the Spanish flu was bad in the beginning when there was no population immunity.  Young people die too, they are not immune, its lower risk  yes but still higher than a regular common flu.  I find the opposite it appears the deaths are de-flated.  If you look at the average death amount in the USA its higher than normal.  Taking into account there are less accidents etc with lockdowns.  How can the deaths be so high?  The only common new variable is Covid.  Sweden is a false trope.  They have admitted themselves that was not the best method.  Their deaths are far higher than their neighbors and they are having an outbreak as we speak.   Lets say in this magical world you live in only old people lockdown and the young go out.  How will you prevent them from bringing it home?  How will you prevent the younger workers from infecting nursing homes, hospitals etc.  Its impossible to isolate only a certain population based on age. https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid_weekly/index.htm  Your under 60 statistics is wrong.  There is risk for those under 60.  I have no idea why you think vaccination of young populations is useless.  Look at chicken pox and how rare it is.   They vaccinate the youth and it works.  Vaccinations work period.  Do you rather infect everyone with chicken pox as a better method to get herd immunity?

I apologize I guess I misinterpreted that post.  I do believe Hawaii should persuade and encourage people to get vaccinated.  Ban all non vaccinated children from public schools.  Ban all unvaccinated workers from public work. If they choose to homeschool or private school that accepts them that's their decision.  If your private workplace is alright with a worker being unvaccinated that's their right too.   There is a reason why Hawaii has some of the lowest rates in the country.  Its effective. I would never support forced vaccination.  Shame and ban from public areas is fine.  This is America people have freedom, unless that freedom infringes on others freedom.

You antifa?  :rofl:  kidding.  I am against fascism too, but this is not that.   The united states did this before with the spanish flu.  We did not decent to hitler. 

macsak

Re: COVID Vaccine in Hawaii
« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2020, 08:16:02 PM »
I apologize if I miss categorized you.  Everyone here I am used to attacking me and my ideas but everyone is slightly different.  Its fairly difficult to keep track.  I don't have a list of everyone's beliefs and what they said.  I am only human. Its one of my biggest flaws in posting here and one incredibly hard to correct but I will continue to try and improve.

It appeared from your post that you were against being "persuaded" from getting vaccinations.  While I do believe strongly in freedom like I said previously.  Vaccination is a public health issue.  If you want to be in public I think it should be required (aka school) .  It is however still your freedom to not get vaccinated.  But you forfeit public rights.  Just like in wartime, the publics good is important.  A persons decision to not vaccinate is a threat to another persons right to not be infected.  Infringing on that persons rights.  That's the gray area.  Yes I am claiming that  "literature" against vaccines are wrong and a person is misinformed about the issues.  Its public knowledge vaccines are good. As with everything there are dissenters,  people who think the earth is flat etc.   The majority of people do not think this and view those people who do as ignorant.  I am not sure about those claims you made about the injury claims, I would have to do more research before commenting on those.

The consensus is it IS worse than the current flu.  Just like the Spanish flu was bad in the beginning when there was no population immunity.  Young people die too, they are not immune, its lower risk  yes but still higher than a regular common flu.  I find the opposite it appears the deaths are de-flated.  If you look at the average death amount in the USA its higher than normal.  Taking into account there are less accidents etc with lockdowns.  How can the deaths be so high?  The only common new variable is Covid.  Sweden is a false trope.  They have admitted themselves that was not the best method.  Their deaths are far higher than their neighbors and they are having an outbreak as we speak.   Lets say in this magical world you live in only old people lockdown and the young go out.  How will you prevent them from bringing it home?  How will you prevent the younger workers from infecting nursing homes, hospitals etc.  Its impossible to isolate only a certain population based on age. https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid_weekly/index.htm  Your under 60 statistics is wrong.  There is risk for those under 60.  I have no idea why you think vaccination of young populations is useless.  Look at chicken pox and how rare it is.   They vaccinate the youth and it works.  Vaccinations work period.  Do you rather infect everyone with chicken pox as a better method to get herd immunity?

I apologize I guess I misinterpreted that post.  I do believe Hawaii should persuade and encourage people to get vaccinated.  Ban all non vaccinated children from public schools.  Ban all unvaccinated workers from public work. If they choose to homeschool or private school that accepts them that's their decision.  If your private workplace is alright with a worker being unvaccinated that's their right too.   There is a reason why Hawaii has some of the lowest rates in the country.  Its effective. I would never support forced vaccination.  Shame and ban from public areas is fine.  This is America people have freedom, unless that freedom infringes on others freedom.

You antifa?  :rofl:  kidding.  I am against fascism too, but this is not that.   The united states did this before with the spanish flu.  We did not decent to hitler.

wut?

changemyoil66

Re: COVID Vaccine in Hawaii
« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2020, 08:37:49 PM »
Im not getting a covid vaxxx until after a few years maybe.

But knowing HI, one must show their papers if they go out of state and return or 14 day quarantine.



Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Flapp_Jackson

Re: COVID Vaccine in Hawaii
« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2020, 09:29:00 PM »
[really big snip with large shears]

I apologize I guess I misinterpreted that post.  I do believe Hawaii should persuade and encourage people to get vaccinated.  Ban all non vaccinated children from public schools.  Ban all unvaccinated workers from public work. If they choose to homeschool or private school that accepts them that's their decision.  If your private workplace is alright with a worker being unvaccinated that's their right too.   There is a reason why Hawaii has some of the lowest rates in the country. Its effective. I would never support forced vaccination.  Shame and ban from public areas is fine.  This is America people have freedom, unless that freedom infringes on others freedom.

You antifa?  :rofl:  kidding.  I am against fascism too, but this is not that.   The united states did this before with the spanish flu.  We did not decent to hitler.

Is it your position that public school attendance and employment should be used as leverage to force vaccination compliance?  Is lack of a vaccination proof that the person is infectious? 

Is it your belief that anyone who works for a public agency or attends a public school has more rights than someone who does not in that they deserve to work and learn in a safer environment than those who don't have such leverage to force compliance?

Medical information is protected for obvious reasons, yet you want to force people to give employers and schools medical information concerning vaccinations.  I guess right to privacy goes out the window unless you're only killing babies.

Either you're for protecting everyone via forced vaccination, or you only care about USING public agencies as a hammer to force compliance.  Everyone else can exercise the FREEDOM to CHOOSE for themselves.

So, explain how being vaccinated for a communicable disease protects others.  I thought vaccinations protects the vaccinated person.  If everyone who wants to be vaccinated is protected, and everyone who doesn't want to be are the only ones getting the disease, where is this "danger to innocent people" you elude to?
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world;
the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself.
Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
-- George Bernard Shaw

macsak

Re: COVID Vaccine in Hawaii
« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2020, 09:44:50 PM »
I apologize if I miss categorized you.  Everyone here I am used to attacking me and my ideas but everyone is slightly different.  Its fairly difficult to keep track.  I don't have a list of everyone's beliefs and what they said.  I am only human. Its one of my biggest flaws in posting here and one incredibly hard to correct but I will continue to try and improve.

It appeared from your post that you were against being "persuaded" from getting vaccinations.  While I do believe strongly in freedom like I said previously.  Vaccination is a public health issue.  If you want to be in public I think it should be required (aka school) .  It is however still your freedom to not get vaccinated.  But you forfeit public rights.  Just like in wartime, the publics good is important.  A persons decision to not vaccinate is a threat to another persons right to not be infected.  Infringing on that persons rights.  That's the gray area.  Yes I am claiming that  "literature" against vaccines are wrong and a person is misinformed about the issues.  Its public knowledge vaccines are good. As with everything there are dissenters,  people who think the earth is flat etc.   The majority of people do not think this and view those people who do as ignorant.  I am not sure about those claims you made about the injury claims, I would have to do more research before commenting on those.

The consensus is it IS worse than the current flu.  Just like the Spanish flu was bad in the beginning when there was no population immunity.  Young people die too, they are not immune, its lower risk  yes but still higher than a regular common flu.  I find the opposite it appears the deaths are de-flated.  If you look at the average death amount in the USA its higher than normal.  Taking into account there are less accidents etc with lockdowns.  How can the deaths be so high?  The only common new variable is Covid.  Sweden is a false trope.  They have admitted themselves that was not the best method.  Their deaths are far higher than their neighbors and they are having an outbreak as we speak.   Lets say in this magical world you live in only old people lockdown and the young go out.  How will you prevent them from bringing it home?  How will you prevent the younger workers from infecting nursing homes, hospitals etc.  Its impossible to isolate only a certain population based on age. https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid_weekly/index.htm  Your under 60 statistics is wrong.  There is risk for those under 60.  I have no idea why you think vaccination of young populations is useless.  Look at chicken pox and how rare it is.   They vaccinate the youth and it works.  Vaccinations work period.  Do you rather infect everyone with chicken pox as a better method to get herd immunity?

I apologize I guess I misinterpreted that post.  I do believe Hawaii should persuade and encourage people to get vaccinated.  Ban all non vaccinated children from public schools.  Ban all unvaccinated workers from public work. If they choose to homeschool or private school that accepts them that's their decision.  If your private workplace is alright with a worker being unvaccinated that's their right too.   There is a reason why Hawaii has some of the lowest rates in the country.  Its effective. I would never support forced vaccination.  Shame and ban from public areas is fine.  This is America people have freedom, unless that freedom infringes on others freedom.

You antifa?  :rofl:  kidding.  I am against fascism too, but this is not that.   The united states did this before with the spanish flu.  We did not decent to hitler.

wut?

macsak

Re: COVID Vaccine in Hawaii
« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2020, 09:48:45 PM »
I apologize if I miss categorized you.  Everyone here I am used to attacking me and my ideas but everyone is slightly different.  Its fairly difficult to keep track.  I don't have a list of everyone's beliefs and what they said.  I am only human. Its one of my biggest flaws in posting here and one incredibly hard to correct but I will continue to try and improve.

It appeared from your post that you were against being "persuaded" from getting vaccinations.  While I do believe strongly in freedom like I said previously.  Vaccination is a public health issue.  If you want to be in public I think it should be required (aka school) .  It is however still your freedom to not get vaccinated.  But you forfeit public rights.  Just like in wartime, the publics good is important.  A persons decision to not vaccinate is a threat to another persons right to not be infected.  Infringing on that persons rights.  That's the gray area.  Yes I am claiming that  "literature" against vaccines are wrong and a person is misinformed about the issues.  Its public knowledge vaccines are good. As with everything there are dissenters,  people who think the earth is flat etc.   The majority of people do not think this and view those people who do as ignorant.  I am not sure about those claims you made about the injury claims, I would have to do more research before commenting on those.

The consensus is it IS worse than the current flu.  Just like the Spanish flu was bad in the beginning when there was no population immunity.  Young people die too, they are not immune, its lower risk  yes but still higher than a regular common flu.  I find the opposite it appears the deaths are de-flated.  If you look at the average death amount in the USA its higher than normal.  Taking into account there are less accidents etc with lockdowns.  How can the deaths be so high?  The only common new variable is Covid.  Sweden is a false trope.  They have admitted themselves that was not the best method.  Their deaths are far higher than their neighbors and they are having an outbreak as we speak.   Lets say in this magical world you live in only old people lockdown and the young go out.  How will you prevent them from bringing it home?  How will you prevent the younger workers from infecting nursing homes, hospitals etc.  Its impossible to isolate only a certain population based on age. https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid_weekly/index.htm  Your under 60 statistics is wrong.  There is risk for those under 60.  I have no idea why you think vaccination of young populations is useless.  Look at chicken pox and how rare it is.   They vaccinate the youth and it works.  Vaccinations work period.  Do you rather infect everyone with chicken pox as a better method to get herd immunity?

I apologize I guess I misinterpreted that post.  I do believe Hawaii should persuade and encourage people to get vaccinated.  Ban all non vaccinated children from public schools.  Ban all unvaccinated workers from public work. If they choose to homeschool or private school that accepts them that's their decision.  If your private workplace is alright with a worker being unvaccinated that's their right too.   There is a reason why Hawaii has some of the lowest rates in the country.  Its effective. I would never support forced vaccination.  Shame and ban from public areas is fine.  This is America people have freedom, unless that freedom infringes on others freedom.

You antifa?  :rofl:  kidding.  I am against fascism too, but this is not that.   The united states did this before with the spanish flu.  We did not decent to hitler.

yet everyone knows where you stand, because you post the same beliefs in multiple threads and even repeat yourself twice in a post like you have done here...

macsak

Re: COVID Vaccine in Hawaii
« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2020, 09:52:14 PM »
I apologize if I miss categorized you.  Everyone here I am used to attacking me and my ideas but everyone is slightly different.  Its fairly difficult to keep track.  I don't have a list of everyone's beliefs and what they said.  I am only human. Its one of my biggest flaws in posting here and one incredibly hard to correct but I will continue to try and improve.

It appeared from your post that you were against being "persuaded" from getting vaccinations.  While I do believe strongly in freedom like I said previously.  Vaccination is a public health issue.  If you want to be in public I think it should be required (aka school) .  It is however still your freedom to not get vaccinated.  But you forfeit public rights.  Just like in wartime, the publics good is important.  A persons decision to not vaccinate is a threat to another persons right to not be infected.  Infringing on that persons rights.  That's the gray area.  Yes I am claiming that  "literature" against vaccines are wrong and a person is misinformed about the issues.  Its public knowledge vaccines are good. As with everything there are dissenters,  people who think the earth is flat etc.   The majority of people do not think this and view those people who do as ignorant.  I am not sure about those claims you made about the injury claims, I would have to do more research before commenting on those.

The consensus is it IS worse than the current flu.  Just like the Spanish flu was bad in the beginning when there was no population immunity.  Young people die too, they are not immune, its lower risk  yes but still higher than a regular common flu.  I find the opposite it appears the deaths are de-flated.  If you look at the average death amount in the USA its higher than normal.  Taking into account there are less accidents etc with lockdowns.  How can the deaths be so high?  The only common new variable is Covid.  Sweden is a false trope.  They have admitted themselves that was not the best method.  Their deaths are far higher than their neighbors and they are having an outbreak as we speak.   Lets say in this magical world you live in only old people lockdown and the young go out.  How will you prevent them from bringing it home?  How will you prevent the younger workers from infecting nursing homes, hospitals etc.  Its impossible to isolate only a certain population based on age. https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid_weekly/index.htm  Your under 60 statistics is wrong.  There is risk for those under 60.  I have no idea why you think vaccination of young populations is useless.  Look at chicken pox and how rare it is.   They vaccinate the youth and it works.  Vaccinations work period.  Do you rather infect everyone with chicken pox as a better method to get herd immunity?

I apologize I guess I misinterpreted that post.  I do believe Hawaii should persuade and encourage people to get vaccinated.  Ban all non vaccinated children from public schools.  Ban all unvaccinated workers from public work. If they choose to homeschool or private school that accepts them that's their decision.  If your private workplace is alright with a worker being unvaccinated that's their right too.   There is a reason why Hawaii has some of the lowest rates in the country.  Its effective. I would never support forced vaccination.  Shame and ban from public areas is fine.  This is America people have freedom, unless that freedom infringes on others freedom.

You antifa?  :rofl:  kidding.  I am against fascism too, but this is not that.   The united states did this before with the spanish flu.  We did not decent to hitler.

so aren't you attacking punaperson here by saying that he is "misinformed" and "ignorant"

groveler

Re: COVID Vaccine in Hawaii
« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2020, 12:16:23 AM »
Im not getting a covid vaxxx until after a few years maybe.

But knowing HI, one must show their papers if they go out of state and return or 14 day quarantine.



Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
as I have said before,
buy a sailboat and go into business.

punaperson

Re: COVID Vaccine in Hawaii
« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2020, 08:09:31 AM »
I apologize if I miss categorized you.  Everyone here I am used to attacking me and my ideas but everyone is slightly different.  Its fairly difficult to keep track.  I don't have a list of everyone's beliefs and what they said.  I am only human. Its one of my biggest flaws in posting here and one incredibly hard to correct but I will continue to try and improve.

It appeared from your post that you were against being "persuaded" from getting vaccinations.  While I do believe strongly in freedom like I said previously.  Vaccination is a public health issue.  If you want to be in public I think it should be required (aka school) .  It is however still your freedom to not get vaccinated.  But you forfeit public rights.  Just like in wartime, the publics good is important.  A persons decision to not vaccinate is a threat to another persons right to not be infected.  Infringing on that persons rights.  That's the gray area.  Yes I am claiming that  "literature" against vaccines are wrong and a person is misinformed about the issues.  Its public knowledge vaccines are good. As with everything there are dissenters,  people who think the earth is flat etc.   The majority of people do not think this and view those people who do as ignorant.  I am not sure about those claims you made about the injury claims, I would have to do more research before commenting on those.

The consensus is it IS worse than the current flu.  Just like the Spanish flu was bad in the beginning when there was no population immunity.  Young people die too, they are not immune, its lower risk  yes but still higher than a regular common flu.  I find the opposite it appears the deaths are de-flated.  If you look at the average death amount in the USA its higher than normal.  Taking into account there are less accidents etc with lockdowns.  How can the deaths be so high?  The only common new variable is Covid.  Sweden is a false trope.  They have admitted themselves that was not the best method.  Their deaths are far higher than their neighbors and they are having an outbreak as we speak.   Lets say in this magical world you live in only old people lockdown and the young go out.  How will you prevent them from bringing it home?  How will you prevent the younger workers from infecting nursing homes, hospitals etc.  Its impossible to isolate only a certain population based on age. https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid_weekly/index.htm  Your under 60 statistics is wrong.  There is risk for those under 60.  I have no idea why you think vaccination of young populations is useless.  Look at chicken pox and how rare it is.   They vaccinate the youth and it works.  Vaccinations work period.  Do you rather infect everyone with chicken pox as a better method to get herd immunity?

I apologize I guess I misinterpreted that post.  I do believe Hawaii should persuade and encourage people to get vaccinated.  Ban all non vaccinated children from public schools.  Ban all unvaccinated workers from public work. If they choose to homeschool or private school that accepts them that's their decision.  If your private workplace is alright with a worker being unvaccinated that's their right too.   There is a reason why Hawaii has some of the lowest rates in the country.  Its effective. I would never support forced vaccination.  Shame and ban from public areas is fine.  This is America people have freedom, unless that freedom infringes on others freedom.

You antifa?  :rofl:  kidding.  I am against fascism too, but this is not that.   The united states did this before with the spanish flu.  We did not decent to hitler.


That's some nuclear level stupid and illogic (not to mention the authoritarian fascism). I'm not gonna waste my time on it.

punaperson

Re: COVID Vaccine in Hawaii
« Reply #32 on: November 21, 2020, 08:50:57 AM »
Because there is no scientific justification for many (all?) of the current "public health emergency" "mandates", ostensibly due to "THE VIRUS!!!", there must, obviously, be some other "intent" to the issuing of non-legislative executive orders (aka "emergency proclamations"). I'd suggest people read this brief editorial to determine if the assertions and reasoning therein are credible. It's clear, from the response of the general public (aka "sheeple") and the local authoritarian fascist, that a significant section of the population is onboard with the statists overriding constitutionally-protected individual rights under the guise of "public health" (or any other "communal good").

Are Pandemic Lockdowns A Dry Run For The ‘Climate Crisis’?

November 18, 2020

https://issuesinsights.com/2020/11/18/lockdowns-for-the-pandemic-now-global-warming-later/

Excerpt:

The lockdown hammer landed hard on California and several other states Monday. At one time it seemed absurd to think government officials’ pandemic orders were a dry run for future attempts to confine and subjugate the country to mitigate global warming. It’s time we rethink that.

Observant and cunning politicians have gone to school since March and are now likely convinced they can use the pretext of a climate emergency to control Americans and break the back of capitalism. No, we’re not likely to see the open-ended lockdowns we’re enduring during the coronavirus outbreak. Those would be too obvious. Politicians can be sneaky sorts so we expect something more subtle and incremental.

For instance, California Gov. Gavin Newsom, who clearly relishes having near absolute control over the most populous state in the country, could issue an executive order next summer which says, beginning in January 2022, all businesses except the few deemed essential must be closed every other Friday, and car travel on those days will be restricted solely to those who can demonstrate an absolute need to be on the roads.

* * * * *

We don’t want to be pessimists, but we’re unlikely to stand up then unless we stand up now.

omnigun

punaperson

Re: COVID Vaccine in Hawaii
« Reply #34 on: November 21, 2020, 09:36:22 AM »
https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/20/health/mask-mandates-kansas-coronavirus-wellness/index.html
From the CDC:



Face Masks

In our systematic review, we identified 10 RCTs [Fauci has stated that only Randomized Controlled Trials should be considered valid evidence] that reported estimates of the effectiveness of face masks in reducing laboratory-confirmed influenza virus infections in the community from literature published during 1946–July 27, 2018. In pooled analysis, we found no significant reduction in influenza transmission with the use of face masks (RR 0.78, 95% CI 0.51–1.20; I2 = 30%, p = 0.25) (Figure 2). One study evaluated the use of masks among pilgrims from Australia during the Hajj pilgrimage and reported no major difference in the risk for laboratory-confirmed influenza virus infection in the control or mask group (33). Two studies in university settings assessed the effectiveness of face masks for primary protection by monitoring the incidence of laboratory-confirmed influenza among student hall residents for 5 months (9,10). The overall reduction in ILI or laboratory-confirmed influenza cases in the face mask group was not significant in either studies (9,10). Study designs in the 7 household studies were slightly different: 1 study provided face masks and P2 respirators for household contacts only (34), another study evaluated face mask use as a source control for infected persons only (35), and the remaining studies provided masks for the infected persons as well as their close contacts (11–13,15,17). None of the household studies reported a significant reduction in secondary laboratory-confirmed influenza virus infections in the face mask group (11–13,15,17,34,35). Most studies were underpowered because of limited sample size, and some studies also reported suboptimal adherence in the face mask group.

Disposable medical masks (also known as surgical masks) are loose-fitting devices that were designed to be worn by medical personnel to protect accidental contamination of patient wounds, and to protect the wearer against splashes or sprays of bodily fluids (36). There is limited evidence for their effectiveness in preventing influenza virus transmission either when worn by the infected person for source control or when worn by uninfected persons to reduce exposure. Our systematic review found no significant effect of face masks on transmission of laboratory-confirmed influenza.

punaperson

Re: COVID Vaccine in Hawaii
« Reply #35 on: November 21, 2020, 09:40:59 AM »

aletheuo137

Re: COVID Vaccine in Hawaii
« Reply #36 on: November 21, 2020, 11:19:23 AM »
Im not getting a covid vaxxx until after a few years maybe.

But knowing HI, one must show their papers if they go out of state and return or 14 day quarantine.



Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk


Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

Flapp_Jackson

Re: COVID Vaccine in Hawaii
« Reply #37 on: November 21, 2020, 11:44:18 AM »
The CDC says their own numbers show that 85% of those infected with COVID WORE MASKS OFTEN OR ALWAYS.

How is forcing mask compliance logical when the rate of efficacy is 15% or less?  We can't assume in a population that saw an 85% usage rate that not wearing a mask was what caused the remaining 15% to become infected.  Could have been close contact with a COVID-19 carrier, poor hand-washing habits, poor social distancing, etc. 

Simply put, if wearing a mask didn't prevent 85% of cases, then not wearing a mask can't be automatically blamed as the reason for the other 15%.

Now there are many studies saying masks do not stop or even reduce infections.  Saying, "I never got COVID-19 because I wore a mask," is not supported by the science nor the statistics.  Therefore, mask mandates are not within the scope of government.  The facts don't justify penalizing people for not wearing masks.
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world;
the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself.
Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
-- George Bernard Shaw

omnigun

Re: COVID Vaccine in Hawaii
« Reply #38 on: November 21, 2020, 12:02:29 PM »
The CDC says their own numbers show that 85% of those infected with COVID WORE MASKS OFTEN OR ALWAYS.

How is forcing mask compliance logical when the rate of efficacy is 15% or less?  We can't assume in a population that saw an 85% usage rate that not wearing a mask was what caused the remaining 15% to become infected.  Could have been close contact with a COVID-19 carrier, poor hand-washing habits, poor social distancing, etc. 

Simply put, if wearing a mask didn't prevent 85% of cases, then not wearing a mask can't be automatically blamed as the reason for the other 15%.

Now there are many studies saying masks do not stop or even reduce infections.  Saying, "I never got COVID-19 because I wore a mask," is not supported by the science nor the statistics.  Therefore, mask mandates are not within the scope of government.  The facts don't justify penalizing people for not wearing masks.

Are there studies showing masks increasing infections?  Masks are not 100% but they help.  Any help is good.  For the price of wearing one stupid piece of cloth or similar over your face, even a "15%" reduction is good.  That's like complaining restaurants demand you wear shirts and shoes to get service...you are free to eat naked at home all you want.   Minor convenience for the public good,  if you are patriotic you should try do anything reasonable to help our your fellow countrymen and the countries health.  Not sure why this is such a big deal.  It was done before in the past.  Government measures in time of need have never been such a big issue before.  Hell in time of war you lose out on materials and gas etc for the good of the nation.  We are one country and should protect the freedom of all citizens, but as a country we need the citizens to pitch in to protect this great nation.  For someone who preaches religion and morality sure is weird to see you so against any chances of saving lives for minor inconveniences.  Doesn't your god teach something along the line of helping neighbors?   

aletheuo137

Re: COVID Vaccine in Hawaii
« Reply #39 on: November 21, 2020, 12:47:05 PM »
Are there studies showing masks increasing infections?  Masks are not 100% but they help.  Any help is good.  For the price of wearing one stupid piece of cloth or similar over your face, even a "15%" reduction is good.  That's like complaining restaurants demand you wear shirts and shoes to get service...you are free to eat naked at home all you want.   Minor convenience for the public good,  if you are patriotic you should try do anything reasonable to help our your fellow countrymen and the countries health.  Not sure why this is such a big deal.  It was done before in the past.  Government measures in time of need have never been such a big issue before.  Hell in time of war you lose out on materials and gas etc for the good of the nation.  We are one country and should protect the freedom of all citizens, but as a country we need the citizens to pitch in to protect this great nation.  For someone who preaches religion and morality sure is weird to see you so against any chances of saving lives for minor inconveniences.  Doesn't your god teach something along the line of helping neighbors?
I would say go back read what happen in Nazi Germany. Still praying to my God for you

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk