increase in # of posts and sales, but a decrease in forum behavior (Read 10448 times)

drck1000

increase in # of posts and sales, but a decrease in forum behavior
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2013, 07:56:39 AM »
I have noticed a bunch of new members as well and have noticed a bunch of comments on the Classifieds. While I agree with the comments, if the price is too high, just move on.

I am a moderator on another firearms forum and what I see here is not as much trolling and Internet tough guy or jackassery as I see on some of the larger boards. There is still a strong sense of community here, especially with regards to shooting and it seems like things are self-policing here. I've seen tens of threads that would've completely blown up on some of the larger boards.

Like someone mentioned above, not everyone will get along and agree with each other and here are some members that are more, umm, outspoken than others. But the majority seem like sensible and cool people.

Tom_G

Re: increase in # of posts and sales, but a decrease in forum behavior
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2013, 04:20:07 PM »
  I am within my rights to point out that the price they're asking is ludicrous. 

Well, it may be within your rights, but it violates the rules of the Classifieds forums here.  Which I say as a total hypocrite, because I let my own sense of indignation overwhelm my rule-abiding nature and took a recent potshot.  But I'd fully understand being punished for my choice, too.
The difference between theory and reality is that, in theory, there is no difference between theory and reality.