Kaleo Arms!! (Read 12354 times)

WTF?Shane

Re: Kaleo Arms!!
« Reply #40 on: July 20, 2022, 01:01:59 PM »
i think that due to the volatility of todays ammo market, the process has changed.  Instead of Jen finding the ammo you want for you (e.g. Personal Buyer), now, you find the ammo you want (you can use AmmoSeek), and you purchase it from the vendor (e.g. Brownells, Midway, SG Ammo, etc), and use Kaleo Crary ND as your shipping address (i.e. Ammo Freight Forwarder).  Attractively-priced ammo sells out quickly on the mainland, too quickly for the quote-response system to work, IMHO.

when Kaleo brings in a pallet, sometimes they bring in a few cases of high demand ammo and list it on their web-page.

Maybe it was the wording in the email being too vague. I asked about their freight forwarding so I can get the address, but never got a response.

QUIETShooter

« Reply #41 on: July 23, 2022, 07:12:24 AM »

when Kaleo brings in a pallet, sometimes they bring in a few cases of high demand ammo and list it on their web-page.

Yeah, just out of curiosity I checked their webpage this past Tuesday and saw they brought in some cases of Federal Match Grade .22LR.

So I immediately bought a case without checking with the boss (wife). :rofl:  When I sheepishly told her what I did she exclaimed WTF?  But then when she found out I bought from Kaleo she was ok with it since she knows I like doing business with Kaleo. ;D

The case came in yesterday (Friday). :shaka:
Sometimes you gotta know when to save your bullets.

stangzilla

« Reply #42 on: July 23, 2022, 06:52:21 PM »
Yeah, just out of curiosity I checked their webpage this past Tuesday and saw they brought in some cases of Federal Match Grade .22LR.

So I immediately bought a case without checking with the boss (wife). :rofl:  When I sheepishly told her what I did she exclaimed WTF?  But then when she found out I bought from Kaleo she was ok with it since she knows I like doing business with Kaleo. ;D

The case came in yesterday (Friday). :shaka:

Always good to have a surplus of 22. Or any ammo.  :shaka:

QUIETShooter

« Reply #43 on: July 24, 2022, 06:55:44 AM »
Always good to have a surplus of 22. Or any ammo.  :shaka:

Roger that, Stang. :thumbsup:

I got a bit laxed while Trump was our president and didn't buy ammo to replenish my stock.  Prices were super reasonable and ammo was widely available.

Then came the "pandemic" and an idiot took hold of the White House.  Ammo became scarce and expensive which caught me with my pants down.

I'm pretty good now with ammo stocks, but vowed never to let that happen to me again.  Whenever the prices are reasonable I will buy instead of procrastinating.   :shaka:

stangzilla

« Reply #44 on: October 11, 2022, 10:37:15 AM »

QUIETShooter

« Reply #45 on: October 11, 2022, 11:14:34 AM »
https://www.kaleoarms.com/

new website  :thumbsup:

Thank you Brother Stang, for this info.  :thumbsup:

But has anyone else have problems when you try to click on Kaleo's Ammunition link to see if they have anything for purchase.

Seems like the internet is blocking it somehow.

drck1000

« Reply #46 on: October 11, 2022, 11:17:32 AM »

But has anyone else have problems when you try to click on Kaleo's Ammunition link to see if they have anything for purchase.

I saw 9 and .45 acp.  If any questions, recommend emailing them (Jennifer). 

rpoL98

« Reply #47 on: October 11, 2022, 11:25:11 AM »

macsak

« Reply #48 on: October 11, 2022, 11:59:44 AM »
they don't carry ammo in stock
this was on the pallet for the gun show, but arrived late
normally, you just contact them with what you want or order something and ship it to north dakota, where they put it on a pallet for delivery to HI

QUIETShooter

« Reply #49 on: October 11, 2022, 12:33:05 PM »
https://www.kaleoarms.com/hawaii-ammunition/hawaii-ammunition-31-6659

currently shows 9mm and 45ACP.

Thank you.  I saved that link you provided.  When I click on the link on their homepage for some reason it gets blocked.

QUIETShooter

« Reply #50 on: October 11, 2022, 12:34:55 PM »
they don't carry ammo in stock
this was on the pallet for the gun show, but arrived late
normally, you just contact them with what you want or order something and ship it to north dakota, where they put it on a pallet for delivery to HI

:thumbsup:  Thanks. 

rpoL98

« Reply #51 on: October 11, 2022, 12:44:05 PM »
my most recent purchases were from Riverton Munitions, Kosher Surplus, and repeat from SG Ammo.  All successful, no problems.  Vendors were chosen using AmmoSeek.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2022, 07:09:37 PM by rpoL98 »

stangzilla

« Reply #52 on: October 11, 2022, 12:48:04 PM »
sometimes they have left over ammo and they list it on their website
I've bought a few times where the ammo was listed on their website, I think it was 22, 9mm, and something else I forget
so I would give an edumacated guess that the 9mm and 45acp they have in stock, maybe left over from their gun show pallet   :shaka:

drck1000

« Reply #53 on: October 11, 2022, 01:01:13 PM »
sometimes they have left over ammo and they list it on their website
I've bought a few times where the ammo was listed on their website, I think it was 22, 9mm, and something else I forget
so I would give an edumacated guess that the 9mm and 45acp they have in stock, maybe left over from their gun show pallet   :shaka:
I've done the same numerous times in the past.  My current stock of 9 is "decent", and was quite tempted to pick up some.  I have components to roll quite a bit of my own 9, but kinda low on motivation right now. . .

WTF?Shane

« Reply #54 on: October 11, 2022, 02:53:27 PM »

There was some .223/5.56 that was for sale also, but looks like they took down the listing. Maybe sold out.

I made an order and haven't received it or shipping notification, so I'm assuming they're still waiting on the pallet.

rpoL98

« Reply #55 on: October 11, 2022, 03:27:23 PM »
There was some .223/5.56 that was for sale also, but looks like they took down the listing. Maybe sold out.

I made an order and haven't received it or shipping notification, so I'm assuming they're still waiting on the pallet.
@WTF?Shane
did you order it off of Kaleo's web site from their gunshow left-overs?  or did you place an order with a mainland vendor and have it shipped to North Dakota?  just curious.

WTF?Shane

« Reply #56 on: October 11, 2022, 06:54:55 PM »
@WTF?Shane
did you order it off of Kaleo's web site from their gunshow left-overs?  or did you place an order with a mainland vendor and have it shipped to North Dakota?  just curious.

It was the gun show ammo listed on the website for sale.

WTF?Shane

« Reply #57 on: October 15, 2022, 12:21:53 AM »
UPS driver stopped by and delivered my ammo last night.  :thumbsup:

stangzilla

« Reply #58 on: April 21, 2023, 11:14:45 AM »
new features on their website.  I haven't ordered any ammo lately bc kokohead closed.  but now looks like can order firearms.  bottom of page says gunsmithing and cerakote coming soon

QUIETShooter

« Reply #59 on: April 21, 2023, 11:20:23 AM »
new features on their website.  I haven't ordered any ammo lately bc kokohead closed.  but now looks like can order firearms.  bottom of page says gunsmithing and cerakote coming soon

:shaka: :thumbsup: