Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - RyDN E-zey

Pages: [1] 2
1
Hunting / Re: Can I shoot a pig in my backyard?
« on: April 27, 2014, 08:58:02 AM »
Be careful, they can charge and slice you pretty good with there cutters. Your dogs could end up cut up also if they corner a big one. Use caution, pigs do crazy things when threatened.
2
Hunting / Re: NEW!!!!_PIG Hunting_Bow/Spear Only_ Bellows MCTAB Waimanalo
« on: January 24, 2014, 06:05:48 PM »
Mahalo for the update.
3
General Discussion / Re: macsak range report
« on: December 01, 2013, 01:03:18 PM »
 Off and on rain,  everywhere wet  here in HK.  Wind making it chilly.  Drive out here safe and slow,  the rain comes down hard at times.
4
J Hara Store / Re: 20TH ANNIVERSARY SALE!! 11/9/13
« on: November 09, 2013, 01:15:48 PM »
First time ever to the store to check out the sale.  Mahalo nui to Bryce @ J Hara.  Went down and got me some ammo, archery goodies and Cressi dive fins.  Excellent customer service and super good prices.  Go down there and get some!
5
Hunting / Re: NEW!!!!_PIG Hunting_Bow/Spear Only_ Bellows MCTAB Waimanalo
« on: October 26, 2013, 07:08:09 AM »
 That must be pretty difficult with a spear!
6
 If my wife and I  share a gun to shoot,  do we pay one $5 fee or two.  Is it $5 per person?
7
Hunting / Re: Mag Limit while hunting
« on: September 24, 2013, 04:01:04 PM »
 Thanks Aiea  for posting this and clearing things up for me. I guess I was mixing things up with the range rules our something.  Guess I'm going with a10rd mag next time I had out!
8
X-ring Security & Firearms / Mahalo nui X-Ring!
« on: September 21, 2013, 05:01:45 PM »
My first time visit to the store, and they fixed my scope issue and much more!  Can't wait to go to the range!  Great customer service and no sales person pressure/ ego like some other places. Glad to add you guys to the gun venders I usually go to.  I'm going back soon to get the 10/22 worked on.  I'll give you a ring Dexter when the time and funds come. Mahalo!  :thumbsup:
9
Firearms and Accessories / Re: ripcord anyone?
« on: September 17, 2013, 05:19:08 AM »
 Do you need any other Otis tools to pull it thru or use it?  Looks like a possibile  buy.  Gotta look for some user reviews,  is this new?
10
General Discussion / Re: If an Elephant Escaped
« on: September 16, 2013, 05:44:35 PM »
BTW, Tyke was a she. I didn't know that either till recently.
11
Firearms and Accessories / Re: Ruger 10/22 replacement parts?
« on: September 15, 2013, 10:05:18 AM »
 Thanks everyone for the replies.  I'll try to get a new rail instead of using the stock one.  Might as well since I need the dang screws any ways.
12
Firearms and Accessories / Ruger 10/22 replacement parts?
« on: September 14, 2013, 09:26:54 PM »
Anyone know the size of the screws that holds down the stock weaver rail that come with the Ruger 10/22  takedown?  The manual says it's part # B-89. They Ruger website is sold out right now. I need a set of 4 screws. I  don't know if I lost l them or if they didn't come in the box when I bought it.  Where else can I find these screws locally?
13
Hunting / Re: buying camo on oahu?
« on: September 08, 2013, 09:59:44 PM »
 You can also check out Everything Archery in Kalihi.  They have ASAT, Predator, etc  camo.
14
General Discussion / Re: Range open tmw 9/2
« on: September 02, 2013, 06:01:33 AM »
 Justin,  are you getting 8hrs holiday pay + 8  hrs regular pay to make double time?   
15
Firearms and Accessories / Re: Proper mounting of scope on AR
« on: August 28, 2013, 09:21:36 PM »
I was actually going to see if they could do a trigger job on my AR  and buy some 10/22  magazines.
16
Firearms and Accessories / Re: Proper mounting of scope on AR
« on: August 28, 2013, 08:04:51 PM »
 Thanks Dex,  I'll seriously consider it.
17
Firearms and Accessories / Re: Proper mounting of scope on AR
« on: August 28, 2013, 05:04:07 PM »
I got one of those cheapo off brand  ones from Amazon.  Didn't think of buying quality since I was going to use it for hunting and abusing it.  It was comfortable to look thru but it ain't worth a sh!t if I can't hit the target.  I'd feel really bad if I  took it to X-ring since I have never shopped there before because it's far from where I live. Very generous  of you to offer and that speaks volumes.  My cousin has a bore sighter  and maybe he can help me.   If not I just may take a drive to Waipahu. Speed tek, I  do see you sometimes at the range  the few times I have gone,  next time I'll  introduce myself.
18
Firearms and Accessories / Proper mounting of scope on AR
« on: August 28, 2013, 06:17:48 AM »
 I never had to mount a school using a riser before.  Initially, I mounted my scope and it was zeroed in but too low for comfortable shooting. I bought a riser remounted the scope and it was aiming low and left at 50 yds. I used the adjustments on the scope and maxed it out but was still about 1 foot low. I didn't even bother to do left-right adjustments and promptly put the gun away.  What do I need to do to fix it?  Am I over torquing it?  Do I just try to remount  it? I don't know if there is already a thread on this subject but if there is,  point me in the right direction.  Mahalo.
19
Hunting / Re: Pig hunting with an ar-15
« on: June 17, 2013, 04:17:14 PM »
I just went to a LGS and was asking about hunting rounds for .223 and 5.56.  None were available except the Hornady brand 5.56 with a heavier weight that what I'm used to seeing.  Of course I got lectured about using a heavier round for hunting, being a responsible hunter etc which I understand being a Bow hunter 1st then a rifle hunter 2nd.  I"m a patient hunter and pass up many shots because the placement isn't right.  From what I got from my Hunter's Ed class was that rounds must have a muzzle energy of 1200 ft/lb, soft tipped, and dog hunters can use a .22 magnum round.  The sales man said I must use the heavier weight 556 to be in compliance and that anyone using a 223 round is in violation, and using .22 are illegal.  I was ready to say BS to his face but went the higher road and decided to look it up in the State hunting website.  I didn't see anything about bullet weight but everything else was that same as I remembered .  Has anything been revised recently that isn't reflected in the website? BTW I'm hunting pigs in the bush that are 10 ft away.  The reason I asked about the ammo was that I'd like to take something with my AR once in my life.
20
Hunting / Re: Warding off mosquitoes while pig hunting
« on: May 24, 2013, 08:50:28 PM »
I  must report back on the most effective  mosquito repellant I've used.  It's called Thermacell.  Used it twice and not even a bite. I was able to sit still for hours  and shoot a 90 lb  boar. This is in an area where mosquitoes bite even with Off spray.  All the reviews say deer are not spooked by it either. I  don't own stock in the company but I should because it's damn good! The mosquito net idea came in second.  Then the citronella.
Pages: [1] 2