Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - bjnodl0

Pages: [1]
1
General Discussion / Gunsmiths for Remington 700
« on: December 26, 2016, 03:20:53 AM »
I'm looking to do some work on my Remington 700 SPS tactical AAC-SD, and would like to have a gunsmith do a Chassis/Stock install (LSS XL) along with a Remington 700 Calvin Elite Trigger. I also bought a upgraded bolt from PTG that needs some Truing. I have all the items just need a professional to do the install. Any recommendations would be helpful.

Thanks.
2
General Discussion / Remington 700 Gunsmith on Oahu?? Custom 700 Build
« on: February 28, 2015, 12:37:05 AM »
Here is the Plan Looking to build a Custom Remington 700 using the Following items below. Question is once I get them all shipped here I don't have a place to properly put them together nor the equipment or experience. Im wondering if anyone has had any work done to their R700 by any of the gunsmiths on Oahu and has had a good experience. The second question would be is building one from scratch not worth the money? Custom bolt guns are expensive already but I haven't seen one that offer everything I looking for.

Here is the list of Item Im thinking about so far.

 - MDT HS3 chassis. http://mdttac.com/hs3-chassis-system.html
 - Magpul stock and grip
 - PTG Extreme Remington 700 LA or SA blue printed action http://shop.pacifictoolandgauge.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=310_282_286_290&products_id=2152
 -  Rock Creek 5R .308 Barrel https://www.stockysstocks.com/rock-creek-5r-cut-rifled-308-264-barrels-sporter-varmint-target-tactical.html

scope base, lugs and bipod i haven't really decided yet.

Glass is up for debate too but i might use something I already have.

Feed back is appreciated. would probably use this for long range (schofield) target shooting.
3
For those who own a Remington 700 or Model Seven rifles this may affect you. My Remington 700 AAC-SD bought a couple of years ago was affected.

http://www.remington.com/pages/news-and-resources/press-releases/2014/Firearms/Remington%20Arms%20Announces%20Voluntary%20Product%20Recall.aspx

http://xmprecall.remington.com
4
Firearms and Accessories / Para Ordnance 1911s
« on: January 25, 2014, 04:51:11 AM »
Has anyone owned a Para Ordnance 1911? I have heard good things so far, but thought I'd ask on here for owners opinions. Looking at Para's 1911 black ops recon. http://para-usa.com/2013/firearms/tactical/recon.php

Its has basically what I want in a 45. ACP pistol (1911, with low profile, no chrome, all black, with large ammo capacity )  just don't know too much about the company. thought about a kimber but they are usually $500 more. 

Thanks.
5
OGC Tactical / Sig M11A1 Mags?
« on: December 23, 2013, 05:38:32 PM »
Last couple of times I've been in (its been a while though) you haven't had any. Any chance you have some P229-1 mags available?
6
General Discussion / 556 20rd PMAGs in FDE
« on: December 23, 2013, 05:31:13 PM »
Has anyone see these on island or online? Haven't really been able to find them. Willing to trade for some as well if anyone has some extra. Thanks.
7
OGC Tactical / New M11-A1
« on: July 28, 2013, 08:00:51 PM »
Any time frame when you might get any  M11-A1 (P228) in stock? I know its pretty new, but just wondering if any orders have been made yet.

Thanks
8
Firearms and Accessories / Re: 9mm 4" 1911 or Sig P229 in 9mm?
« on: July 23, 2013, 12:57:14 PM »
Anyone who has a P229 have any problems or Difficulty cleaning and performing maintenance? Learning twards a P229 now. 1911 on the next purchase. Any Recommendations on type of P229?
9
Firearms and Accessories / 9mm 4" 1911 or Sig P229 in 9mm?
« on: July 22, 2013, 05:07:59 PM »
Can't decide on the two listed above. Im a little concerned about the difficulties in cleaning foul build up in the 1911, but a lot of people have been recommending it (para ordnance, Kimber, springfield, etc) I do like the P229 and I hear that Sigs are really reliable...but 1911 is too. What do you guys think. This will be my first handgun purchase.

Also availability is an issue. Haven't seen too many 4" 9mm 1911 on Oahu lately. while P229s seem abundant.
10
OGC Tactical / any BCG?
« on: February 14, 2013, 05:49:46 PM »
Just wandering if you have any complete Bolt Carrier groups for sale? Thanks.
11
General Discussion / Froglube
« on: January 25, 2013, 03:30:04 PM »
I have been hearing great things about Froglube. Just wondering if anyone here has used it on a bolt gun. Right now Im just using Hoppes Cleaning Solvent, a bore snake, and Rem Oil for my Rem 700 barrel. any suggestions?
12
Reloading / Anyone Want Spent .308 Brass?
« on: January 03, 2013, 04:37:07 PM »
I was going to get into reloading but just don't have the space. So I am get rid of my spent Remington Rifle Cartridges for anyone who wants them for reloading. I got about 200 of them.
Pages: [1]