Froglube (Read 3982 times)

bjnodl0

Froglube
« on: January 25, 2013, 03:30:04 PM »
I have been hearing great things about Froglube. Just wondering if anyone here has used it on a bolt gun. Right now Im just using Hoppes Cleaning Solvent, a bore snake, and Rem Oil for my Rem 700 barrel. any suggestions?

jaynick

Re: Froglube
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2013, 03:55:59 PM »
i dont own any modern bolt guns, just a mosin. after a thorough cleaning and application it felt just ok. after a little shooting it 'melted into' the metal and smoothed up everything like it claims. after a hot range session it made a big difference. definitely worked better than all the clp's i have. but then again lots of guys with bolt guns use special bolt grease, not thin clp's. not sure how it compares to those.

sikryd

Re: Froglube
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2013, 06:10:07 PM »
I use it on my Weatherby 308, works great on there as well as all of my other firearms.

Dels

Re: Froglube
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2013, 06:18:00 PM »
I just started using it on my AR and Tikka T3 (.270).

I'm not sold on its protective properties regarding corrosion, but my BCG wipes clean.  No scrubbing.  Actions smooth out big time after the first couple of range sessions.  Takes some heat to get things sliding around.  I'm not sure how effective (if at all) it is on copper removal.  I'm hoping that it prevents copper build up in the first place.
 

Big reason I bought it was that it is non-toxic.  I have 2 young ones running around, and I don't need additional harmful chemicals around. 

kala201

Re: Froglube
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2013, 08:40:06 PM »
Which shop carries it?  I prefer using non-toxic products too.

Dels

Froglube
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2013, 08:43:50 PM »
Which shop carries it?  I prefer using non-toxic products too.

Only found it online. Amazon has it with free shipping sometimes. Check YouTube for application tips.

ManaSpark

Re: Froglube
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2013, 08:59:38 PM »
Honolulu Firearms & Range has a good selection at a little below MSRP last time I purchased some.