XTREME Bullet-10mm Test Review (Read 2451 times)

oldfart

XTREME Bullet-10mm Test Review
« on: November 11, 2013, 10:44:55 PM »
Gents,

After trying the XTREME 45 acp 230 gr. plated HP bullet, I decided to try the other offerings while they still have them.
Link to the 45 acp review:
https://2ahawaii.com/index.php?topic=11563.0#msg112137

I got a box of .40 cal/10mm 180 gr. PHP (plated hollow points)
Like the 45 heads I tested, the .40/10mm heads had a similar well made look and feel.
Price and availability is good. With current 15% off sale price they are $108/m delivered. They arrived about 10 days after I place the order.

I realize there are few people who run a 10mm auto so this review won't interest many people. But it is a testament to the potential of the bullet loaded in the 40sw cartridge.
So here we go.
Cartridge: 10mm automatic
test gun: Colt Delta Elite with Heine 5" match bbl
XTREME 40 cal/10mm 180 gr. PHP (plated hollow point)
LOA= 1.260"
TC= 0.417"
Powder= Blue Dot
Case= FC
Primer= Rem 2.5
Velocity= 1148 fps
Energy= 527 ft-lbs ( compared to 45 ball @ 350 and 9mm @325 typical)

Recoil and ejection was brisk. Functioning was ok.
Accuracy was ok for a first test, but for some reason I tend to string everything horizontally with that gun. I don't know why.
I think it is a good accurate bullet and it would not take much testing to find a better load.
For the few people who actually run 10mm, this is a high performance fun load to shoot. See pic.
A 180 grain pill at 1148 fps is nothing to sneeze at. BTW this a minimum load according to  the Speer manual.








« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 05:43:09 AM by oldfart »
What, Me Worry?

Dolomite

Re: XTREME Bullet-10mm Test Review
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2013, 04:27:33 PM »
Thanks for posting a review!!!!