Fake Leupold on Craigslist (Read 3472 times)

jonjon

Fake Leupold on Craigslist
« on: February 14, 2014, 08:25:17 AM »
This guy is trying to sell a Chinese fake Leupold as a real one, I already sent him a couple of emails calling him out on it but it is still being listed.

http://honolulu.craigslist.org/oah/spo/4331417720.html

2aHawaii

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sheepdog
  • Referrals: 16
    • View Profile
    • 2aHawaii
Re: Fake Leupold on Craigslist
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2014, 08:39:42 AM »
I am not a lawyer.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." - United States Constitution Amendment 2 & Hawaii State Constitution Article 1 Section 17

Buying from Amazon? Click through here

Bigkahuna808

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • "He's got the eye of the Jew"
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2014, 09:00:18 AM »
I was looking at it looked like a leapers copy to me.

Zaytsev2013

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2014, 09:03:08 AM »
Wow, thanks.  I was just looking at that yesterday.
"The arrival of the Nazi sniper set us a new task. We had to find him, study habits and methods, and patiently await the moment for one, and only one, well-aimed shot"

Bota-CS1

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2014, 09:20:56 AM »
I was looking at it looked like a leapers copy to me.

Lol....I don't think even Leapers/UTG would dare put Leupold markings on their items.  It's even more suspicious since he won't respond to messages.  Caveat Emptor

No one is coming, it’s up to us.

Legislation should never be about depriving law abiding citizens of something, but rather taking those things away from criminals.

bozo

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2014, 09:24:58 AM »
Maybe someone should contact Leupold. Haha

jonjon

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2014, 01:22:04 PM »
The guy emailed me back 

I told him that Leupold does not make a 6-24x60 and this is what he wrote back:  :crazy:

"You are correct they don't make one, my brother works at the picitiny arsenal in New Jersey where equipment is tested for military use. This is one of 50 of these that were tested for use with the army's SDM. After equipment is tested if not being issued it is sold, my brother bought a handful of these and I have 2 so I'm selling one. Thank you for your concern
Mahalo"

What do you guys think?

Bota-CS1

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2014, 02:14:54 PM »
The guy emailed me back 

I told him that Leupold does not make a 6-24x60 and this is what he wrote back:  :crazy:

"You are correct they don't make one, my brother works at the picitiny arsenal in New Jersey where equipment is tested for military use. This is one of 50 of these that were tested for use with the army's SDM. After equipment is tested if not being issued it is sold, my brother bought a handful of these and I have 2 so I'm selling one. Thank you for your concern
Mahalo"

What do you guys think?

It might be a moot point since the Ad is not longer up.  It was flagged for removal.  The story sounds suspicious, but then again it kind of sounds like Army logic  :rofl:  I'm not sure how they would figure out what to charge someone who would want to buy it since it's a 1 of 50 kind of deal and not a regular production model. 

Legislation should never be about depriving law abiding citizens of something, but rather taking those things away from criminals.

ren

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2014, 02:26:02 PM »
Be aware that there is an ad here that describes a fake EOTech.
From what I understand the M16 based SDMs were a batch produced by the AMU for 3rd ID in OIF. They used ACOG TA31Fs while the Marines used Leupys that were similar to Mk12s. The Leupy Mk6 did not exist back when SDMs were made

jonjon

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2014, 02:34:49 PM »
even if it was a real leupold I probably wouldn't trust a guy who mounted it the way he did  :wtf:

Looks like it has one piece mount, mounted on a riser than mounted on a quick release base???? must be for a good chin weld  :crazy:

Bota-CS1

« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2014, 02:56:34 PM »
even if it was a real leupold I probably wouldn't trust a guy who mounted it the way he did  :wtf:

Looks like it has one piece mount, mounted on a riser than mounted on a quick release base???? must be for a good chin weld  :crazy:

Probably because the scope knobs got in the way of the offset mount and red dot he's got in the second picture.  It's also funny that the red dot sight in the offset mount doesn't have any manufacturer's markings on it and from all appearances neither does the lower receiver  ???  I'd like to see the stock of the rifle if he ever posts a picture again - I'd make sure this wasn't an airsoft rifle.

\

macsak

« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2014, 03:25:10 PM »
Probably because the scope knobs got in the way of the offset mount and red dot he's got in the second picture.  It's also funny that the red dot sight in the offset mount doesn't have any manufacturer's markings on it and from all appearances neither does the lower receiver  ???  I'd like to see the stock of the rifle if he ever posts a picture again - I'd make sure this wasn't an airsoft rifle.

\

how come no one mentioned his tactical pistol grip foregrip?

Bota-CS1

« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2014, 04:01:57 PM »
how come no one mentioned his tactical pistol grip foregrip?

Gongho give you $10 for grip............cash!  :rofl:

Masamune

« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2014, 04:02:15 PM »
Most tactical ar ever

NoScade

« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2014, 11:25:46 PM »
Saw that about a week ago just laugh when I saw the pictures :rofl:

MMM

WTF?Shane

« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2014, 01:02:32 PM »
Flag the ad.

Bota-CS1

« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2014, 04:21:55 PM »
Looks like it was already flagged for removal as a scam lol  The dude is probably pissed!