At Hilo Hattie's HRA meeting (Read 17159 times)

macsak

At Hilo Hattie's HRA meeting
« on: January 14, 2015, 05:50:58 PM »
I see all the HRA board members
Plus dogman z06 Edster stomper

macsak

Re: At Hilo Hattie's HRA meeting
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2015, 05:51:20 PM »
Ed's taking notes furiously

macsak

Re: At Hilo Hattie's HRA meeting
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2015, 05:51:36 PM »
Ed Masaki here too

macsak

Re: At Hilo Hattie's HRA meeting
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2015, 05:52:29 PM »
And twins...

macsak

Re: At Hilo Hattie's HRA meeting
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2015, 05:54:58 PM »
Sam slom here

Dan Reid NRA-ILA taking now
He represents Nevada Oregon hawaii Arizona

macsak

Re: At Hilo Hattie's HRA meeting
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2015, 06:24:41 PM »
Ed Masaki just suggested we all go down to hpd and apply for carry permits
He said he's going tomorrow

Harvey Gerwig is collecting rejected applications

Heavies

HRA MEETING 1-14-15
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2015, 07:48:43 PM »
Just in from the speacial HRA metting held at Hilo Hattis tonight.  Lots of good info, good and bad, for all of us to watch for this year.  I seen quite a few familiar faces tonight, and met a few new ones,  THANKS FOR SHOWING YOUR UNYIELDING SUPPORT!!!  :thumbsup:


Talked about where...



Report on mixed legislature
CCW
Kokohead range
Big Iisland range
Supporing citizens PAC


More in a little bit....

Heavies

Re: At Hilo Hattie's HRA meeting
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2015, 08:03:36 PM »
As you can imagine CCW was discussed at length.  Many comments an questions. 

macsak

Re: HRA MEETING 1-14-15
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2015, 08:04:02 PM »
Just in from the speacial HRA metting held at Hilo Hattis tonight.  Lots of good info, good and bad, for all of us to watch for this year.  I seen quite a few familiar faces tonight, and met a few new ones,  THANKS FOR SHOWING YOUR UNYIELDING SUPPORT!!!  :thumbsup:


Talked about where...



Report on mixed legislature
CCW
Kokohead range
Big Iisland range
Supporing citizens PAC


More in a little bit....


just got on the computer
i came in late and was at the back

heavies was there rockin' a 2aHawaii.com t-shirt

Ren was there too
almost didn't recognize him in an aloha shirt
 :worship:

z06psi

Re: At Hilo Hattie's HRA meeting
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2015, 08:04:28 PM »
I did not want to seem one sided about my concern for registration but we really don't have representation as military members here.  Mr. Slom stepped up in a big way and I will be writing him.

I also wanted to address the comment from the man about " all registration needs to be fought"

I agree one million percent.  However non military residents can leave whenever they want.  Military is sent here sometimes involuntarily and weapons are part of their household.  I cannot just pick up and leave if a state's legislature is full retard like Hawaii's is.

Another point is when I leave and I sell my firearm in the mainland there is no transaction history of this.  If the firearm is used in a crime the last place registered was here.  They will come after whomever had it last.  There has to be a de-registration process and should have been part of the bill for registration.

macsak

Re: At Hilo Hattie's HRA meeting
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2015, 08:05:28 PM »
As you can imagine CCW was discussed at length.  Many comments an questions.

some guy named "chris baker" was discussed a lot
 :wave:

Heavies

Re: At Hilo Hattie's HRA meeting
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2015, 08:07:02 PM »
Also the NEED  to go down to testify and support the CCW BILLS which will be introduced in the 2015 session.  ALSO TO OPPOSE the bills that will be brought up!

A new CCW drive is recommended and documentation of denials be sent to the HRA.

macsak

Re: At Hilo Hattie's HRA meeting
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2015, 08:07:55 PM »
I did not want to seem one sided about my concern for registration but we really don't have representation as military members here.  Mr. Slom stepped up in a big way and I will be writing him.

I also wanted to address the comment from the man about " all registration needs to be fought"

I agree one million percent.  However non military residents can leave whenever they want.  Military is sent here sometimes involuntarily and weapons are part of their household.  I cannot just pick up and leave if a state's legislature is full retard like Hawaii's is.

Another point is when I leave and I sell my firearm in the mainland there is no transaction history of this.  If the firearm is used in a crime the last place registered was here.  They will come after whomever had it last.  There has to be a de-registration process and should have been part of the bill for registration.

was good to meet you, z06
you brought a great viewpoint coming from a free state like georgia
and certainly represented our military community well
mahalo for showing up tonight and for your service to our country

aloha

steve

ren

Re: At Hilo Hattie's HRA meeting
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2015, 08:08:34 PM »
I did not want to seem one sided about my concern for registration but we really don't have representation as military members here.  Mr. Slom stepped up in a big way and I will be writing him.

I also wanted to address the comment from the man about " all registration needs to be fought"

I agree one million percent.  However non military residents can leave whenever they want.  Military is sent here sometimes involuntarily and weapons are part of their household.  I cannot just pick up and leave if a state's legislature is full retard like Hawaii's is.

Another point is when I leave and I sell my firearm in the mainland there is no transaction history of this.  If the firearm is used in a crime the last place registered was here.  They will come after whomever had it last.  There has to be a de-registration process and should have been part of the bill for registration.

You brought up some very good points and you weren't alone. :thumbsup:
I think this can tie into Hawaii's efforts to keep the military presence here and this is one mean to help accommodate .mil service members.
Deeds Not Words

Heavies

Re: At Hilo Hattie's HRA meeting
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2015, 08:11:24 PM »
When doing a CCW application I asked about different forms for differing counties.  Our members from other islands, please see what forms are required by your counties and forward to the HRA so that they can distribute them accordingly.  They would like a huge stack of CCW request to bring to the legislature!

Heavies

Re: At Hilo Hattie's HRA meeting
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2015, 08:14:25 PM »
They also adressed the point that being denied a permit from Hawaii may cause a problem when applying in other states.  There where some that said this does not cause issue. 

punaperson

Re: At Hilo Hattie's HRA meeting
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2015, 08:19:01 PM »
When doing a CCW application I asked about different forms for differing counties.  Our members from other islands, please see what forms are required by your counties and forward to the HRA so that they can distribute them accordingly.  They would like a huge stack of CCW request to bring to the legislature!
There is NO FORM on the Big Island for Mr. Kubojiri: "You just write him a letter stating how you are an "exceptional case"." That's how they do things around here.  :wtf:

macsak

Re: At Hilo Hattie's HRA meeting
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2015, 08:26:42 PM »
There is NO FORM on the Big Island for Mr. Kubojiri: "You just write him a letter stating how you are an "exceptional case"." That's how they do things around here.  :wtf:

hicarry said they worked with the ACLU (you shoulda seen some people's faces when he mentioned ACLU) to get all the documentation needed for HNL C&C and will be publishing it soon on HRA's website and facebook
they are encouraging other counties to work with the ACLU to get forms too

punaperson

Re: At Hilo Hattie's HRA meeting
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2015, 08:27:20 PM »
They also adressed the point that being denied a permit from Hawaii may cause a problem when applying in other states.  There where some that said this does not cause issue.
Apparently there are some states that have a question on their CCW applications along the lines of "Have you ever been denied a CCW permit in another state? If so, what was the reason for the denial."

Of course if you are applying in a state that actually recognizes the U.S. Constitution as a lawful document, that state may then have a further disclaimer: "However, if your denial was from the state of Hawaii, don't bother giving us the "no reason" the police chief gave you because we already know it's extremely unlikely that you are one of the 4 people granted a license in the entire state of Hawaii in the last 15 years. We know that is total bullsh*t, so it doesn't count against you here. And welcome to America."

Heavies

Re: At Hilo Hattie's HRA meeting
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2015, 08:27:48 PM »
There is NO FORM on the Big Island for Mr. Kubojiri: "You just write him a letter stating how you are an "exceptional case"." That's how they do things around here.  :wtf:

If you could, please forward that to the HRA.  Yours, amongst others, was the reason I brought up that question.  From what I gathered, they are supposed to have some kind of uniform process, yet they have not done so.