At Hilo Hattie's HRA meeting (Read 17163 times)

Jdelacruz

Re: At Hilo Hattie's HRA meeting
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2015, 08:30:00 PM »
What is the process for applying for CCW in Honolulu?

Heavies

Re: At Hilo Hattie's HRA meeting
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2015, 08:31:22 PM »
Apparently there are some states that have a question on their CCW applications along the lines of "Have you ever been denied a CCW permit in another state? If so, what was the reason for the denial."

Of course if you are applying in a state that actually recognizes the U.S. Constitution as a lawful document, that state may then have a further disclaimer: "However, if your denial was from the state of Hawaii, don't bother giving us the "no reason" the police chief gave you because we already know it's extremely unlikely that you are one of the 4 people granted a license in the entire state of Hawaii in the last 15 years. We know that is total bullsh*t, so it doesn't count against you here. And welcome to America."

From what I gathered, the folks that said it wasn't a problem, gave the impression that when you list the denial, it is pretty much understood an Hawaii denial is of no good cause anyway..  lol

punaperson

Re: At Hilo Hattie's HRA meeting
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2015, 08:32:21 PM »
If you could, please forward that to the HRA.  Yours, amongst others, was the reason I brought up that question.  From what I gathered, they are supposed to have some kind of uniform process, yet they have not done so.
I've asked twice at the firearms registration office about the fact that there is legally SUPPOSED to be a form, and was told both times "No. They don't have a form. Just write a letter to the chief."

Oh, and they do have "some kind of uniform process". It goes like this: "No."

Heavies

Re: At Hilo Hattie's HRA meeting
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2015, 08:32:58 PM »
What is the process for applying for CCW in Honolulu?

Funtimes had an application packet (for Oahu) somewhere.  HRA stated they would post something on the web soon.

macsak

Re: At Hilo Hattie's HRA meeting
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2015, 08:33:54 PM »
If you could, please forward that to the HRA.  Yours, amongst others, was the reason I brought up that question.  From what I gathered, they are supposed to have some kind of uniform process, yet they have not done so.

yes, the HRS says that the AG is supposed to have a uniform PUBLISHED policy throughout the state

punaperson

Re: At Hilo Hattie's HRA meeting
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2015, 08:36:13 PM »
yes, the HRS says that the AG is supposed to have a uniform PUBLISHED policy throughout the state
Since when are the AG and the police chiefs required to follow the law?

Heavies

Re: At Hilo Hattie's HRA meeting
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2015, 08:52:28 PM »
I have the Honolulu application form. If you would like it PM me. I will send it to you.  There are other things you wil need to apply, like a passport photo and some other crap too. I can't find the info at the moment.... 

edster48

Re: At Hilo Hattie's HRA meeting
« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2015, 08:54:21 PM »
yes, the HRS says that the AG is supposed to have a uniform PUBLISHED policy throughout the state

 Hopefully the gentleman mentioned in connection with the AG slot will get this taken care of if he's appointed.
If Funtimes had a packet ready to go from the last initiative,  maybe we could find it and update it as needed and share it with the HRA. Then set a date for a mass inundation of HPD with CCW permit filings.
Always be yourself.
Unless you can be a pirate.
Then always be a pirate.

Heavies

Re: At Hilo Hattie's HRA meeting
« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2015, 08:55:27 PM »
I think you need to specify that you want a written letter on why you are denied as well... I am guessing sometimes they do not send anything.  :wtf:  send denials to HRA for reference. 

edster48

Re: At Hilo Hattie's HRA meeting
« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2015, 08:58:43 PM »
I have the Honolulu application form. If you would like it PM me. I will send it to you.  There are other things you wil need to apply, like a passport photo and some other crap too. I can't find the info at the moment.... 

We need to post this in a downloadable format, along with instructions for whatever else is required in order to clear HPD and receive a denial letter.
Always be yourself.
Unless you can be a pirate.
Then always be a pirate.

Heavies

Re: At Hilo Hattie's HRA meeting
« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2015, 09:00:08 PM »
We need to post this in a downloadable format, along with instructions for whatever else is required in order to clear HPD and receive a denial letter.

I will try to do this when I get to a real computer.  Right now on the phone.  It sucks...  haha.

edster48

Re: At Hilo Hattie's HRA meeting
« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2015, 09:07:22 PM »
I will try to do this when I get to a real computer.  Right now on the phone.  It sucks...  haha.

 :thumbsup: Wasn't thinking it needed to be done tonight. We need to be sure we've got it right first.

You Da Man!!   :worship:
Always be yourself.
Unless you can be a pirate.
Then always be a pirate.

Heavies

Re: At Hilo Hattie's HRA meeting
« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2015, 11:11:42 PM »
Ok, here is the form for City and County of Honolulu....

https://2ahawaii.com/MGalleryItem.php?id=51


Here is the checklist of what you need, as I got from Funtimes at the time of his previous CCW drive....

https://2ahawaii.com/MGalleryItem.php?id=52



If [WHEN YOU ARE] denied, please send a copy of denial documentation to HRA president Harvey Gerwig  ( http://www.hawaiirifleassociation.org/contact-us/1-harvey-f-gerwig-ii )


I would like to see an organized effort, when many of us go on the same day, to get this done.  A rally, if you will.  That would be nice.   Any community organizers out there?   ;D

Two passport photos...  Anyone know anyone who does these things, 2A supporter would be nice!
INFO (registration) of firearm you want to carry
Narrative (why you have the need to CCW, [becaue it is your right? duh...] )
$19.25 (only if you have never paid for a set of fingerprints)  Not sure if this is still the same amount...


macsak

Re: At Hilo Hattie's HRA meeting
« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2015, 11:15:24 PM »
I would like to see an organized effort, when many of us go on the same day, to get this done.  A rally, if you will.  That would be nice.   Any community organizers out there?   ;D

i nominate heavies
 :worship:

Heavies

Re: At Hilo Hattie's HRA meeting
« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2015, 11:16:12 PM »
Also talked about was Kokohead shooting complex, and the funds already allocated to do range improvements.  This was said to be addressed by the governor, and said that the issue would be looked into in January.  Maybe time to remind the mayor of the issues Kokohead faces and improvements that need to be accomplished. 

Heavies

Re: At Hilo Hattie's HRA meeting
« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2015, 11:17:03 PM »
i nominate heavies
 :worship:

Ok let go tomorrow with ED Masaki!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (he is always down and on it!  :thumbsup: :shaka: :thumbsup: hahha I no can tomorrow tho! 
« Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 11:27:20 PM by Heavies »

Tom_G

Re: At Hilo Hattie's HRA meeting
« Reply #36 on: January 15, 2015, 07:48:01 AM »

I would like to see an organized effort, when many of us go on the same day, to get this done.  A rally, if you will.  That would be nice.   Any community organizers out there?   ;D


Make it on a Monday, and I'll be there!
The difference between theory and reality is that, in theory, there is no difference between theory and reality.

Jdelacruz

Re: At Hilo Hattie's HRA meeting
« Reply #37 on: January 15, 2015, 08:22:04 AM »
How about we pick a date in February? It will give use enough time to take off or plan to take off for it. 

I also suggest we get some shirts printed maybe saying CCW NOW or something. That way if there are media around they can see a bunch of us with the same shirts. Plus I hate carrying signs.

During the legislative session we can  wear those shirts for testimony. Does anyone know of anything pro 2A shirt shop that would print for us a cost or little over?

I also suggest we setup a Facebook Page, re-post/share stories of CCW crime prevention/intervention and share about local hearings to keep everyone informed.

We also need talking points that are concise if we are ever asked questions by the media. We don't want to look stupid and there are folks in the media with an agenda and will attempt to do that.

We need to employ the same tactics that progressives have been successful at using against us.

How about February 9th. It's in 4 weeks. Would that be enough time to get ourselves organized?

aieahound

Re: At Hilo Hattie's HRA meeting
« Reply #38 on: January 15, 2015, 08:43:39 AM »
Thanks to the guys who attended and for the reporting.

Sorry i couldn't make it.

You can get passport photos instantly and for cheap at Costco.

I'm down for this in February or anytime with advance notice.

Feel bad for the random guy who shows up to register only to find a line that's hopefully way out the door.  :D

Heavies

Re: At Hilo Hattie's HRA meeting
« Reply #39 on: January 15, 2015, 02:45:23 PM »


Make it on a Monday, and I'll be there!
How about we pick a date in February? It will give use enough time to take off or plan to take off for it. 

I also suggest we get some shirts printed maybe saying CCW NOW or something. That way if there are media around they can see a bunch of us with the same shirts. Plus I hate carrying signs.

During the legislative session we can  wear those shirts for testimony. Does anyone know of anything pro 2A shirt shop that would print for us a cost or little over?

I also suggest we setup a Facebook Page, re-post/share stories of CCW crime prevention/intervention and share about local hearings to keep everyone informed.

We also need talking points that are concise if we are ever asked questions by the media. We don't want to look stupid and there are folks in the media with an agenda and will attempt to do that.

We need to employ the same tactics that progressives have been successful at using against us.

How about February 9th. It's in 4 weeks. Would that be enough time to get ourselves organized?

Good ideas!  I am working on a facebook page now.  Will populate and make available when we get more info.