Vices - Tobacco (Read 9300 times)

Q

Vices - Tobacco
« on: May 13, 2015, 01:38:26 AM »
.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2021, 05:50:29 PM by Q »

Kingkeoni

Re: Vices - Tobacco
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2015, 05:51:27 AM »
I was hopelessly addicted to this stuff,


When I was in little league.
Your number one Option for Personal Security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.

Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.

Inspector

Re: Vices - Tobacco
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2015, 06:29:15 AM »
I have not smoked, dipped nor chewed since 1996. I missed it for quite a few years. I don't miss it now, and I am sure my doctor is happier about that. Beech-Nut was my chew of choice back in the day. Are you sure you want to get back into it?
SCIENCE THAT CAN’T BE QUESTIONED IS PROPAGANDA!!!

Q

Re: Vices - Tobacco
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2015, 07:29:50 AM »
.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2021, 05:50:39 PM by Q »

Q

Re: Vices - Tobacco
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2015, 07:36:08 AM »
.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2021, 05:50:46 PM by Q »

MMM

Re: Vices - Tobacco
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2015, 08:44:12 AM »

Yup.

Really helps with my temperament and ability to relax, and I don't get the severe adverse effects like I do with with alcohol.

I only chew a few times a week, and only once a day when I do.

if it's treating temperament and relaxation you're seeking, i heard that "special" brownies are really good for it. long lasting and the only side effects are food binges and listening to bob marley.

Q

Re: Vices - Tobacco
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2015, 08:47:09 AM »
.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2021, 05:50:54 PM by Q »

Inspector

Re: Vices - Tobacco
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2015, 09:26:46 AM »
I always found a nice massage with a happy ending to help me relax! 😱
SCIENCE THAT CAN’T BE QUESTIONED IS PROPAGANDA!!!

mauidog

Re: Vices - Tobacco
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2015, 09:48:20 AM »
Unfortunately, getting a medical mary-jew-ana card in the communist state of Hawaii automatically disqualifies you from owning firearms.

If they pass the legislation that allows veterans to legally use it for treatment, I'm all game.

There's a logical conundrum ... which one is worse? 

An uptight, tense, short-tempered gun owner, or

a mellow, relaxed, moderate-pot-using gun owner?
An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it.   -- Jeff Cooper

Kingkeoni

Re: Vices - Tobacco
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2015, 01:40:40 PM »
I always found a nice massage with a happy ending to help me relax! 😱

 :thumbsup:
Your number one Option for Personal Security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.

Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.

Hi state

Re: Vices - Tobacco
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2015, 02:43:21 PM »
There's a logical conundrum ... which one is worse? 

An uptight, tense, short-tempered gun owner, or

a mellow, relaxed, moderate-pot-using gun owner?
true that
DONT PANIC ITS ORGANIC!!!

Tom_G

Re: Vices - Tobacco
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2015, 02:53:36 PM »
I am fond of a briar, or occasionally meerschaum, full of pipe-weed every once in a while.  I like smoking a pipe because it requires constant fiddling about with. 
The difference between theory and reality is that, in theory, there is no difference between theory and reality.

one2boost

Re: Vices - Tobacco
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2015, 04:36:28 PM »
I started off smoking Kool Filter Kings in high school and also dabbled with those Skoal Bandit Tobacco pouches.  Then being in the military I could not handle Kool Filter Kings then switched to Newport Box cigarettes.  Every now and then I used to go with a Marlboro Lights.  I wrench for a living, one of my customers gave me a couple of these Gudang Garam cigarettes because I was curious about the smell of these.  I was hooked at one point.  But the cost of it limited myself to a pack a week.  It worked great smoking this at a night club.  Most people would be curious as to what I was smoking.



I don't smoke anymore.  But I do have an open pack of roughly 15 or so sitting above my desk.  IIRC it has been sitting their for roughly 5 years.  Every now and then I pull a cigarette out and just smell it.  I do know it sounds strange, but for me it smells good.  The flavor was different as well, it tasted sweet.

Inspector

Re: Vices - Tobacco
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2015, 06:43:29 PM »
:thumbsup:
You look great (puke) in that banana hammock King!!!  :geekdanc: :geekdanc: :geekdanc:

 :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
SCIENCE THAT CAN’T BE QUESTIONED IS PROPAGANDA!!!

Q

Re: Vices - Tobacco
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2015, 11:22:35 PM »
.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2021, 05:51:24 PM by Q »

Q

Re: Vices - Tobacco
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2015, 11:25:00 PM »
.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2021, 05:51:33 PM by Q »

one2boost

Re: Vices - Tobacco
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2015, 06:21:57 AM »
When I had the chance, I would always stop by the reservations and pick up those flavored cigarettes/"cigars" that were dirt cheap and tasted good.

Ladies loved the smell at the clubs, but they were shit tobacco. Good thing I don't inhale  :crazy:

Yeah, I noticed chics did like the smell, it was a great ice breaker.  Back in those days these IMO were expensive @$10/pack, while my Newports were just $5/pack.  Can't imagine what these Indonesian imports cost now days locally.

Tom_G

Re: Vices - Tobacco
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2015, 10:12:09 AM »
I have a meerschaum with a churchwarden stem.

What type of pipe-weed do you fill with? Last batch I bought from Pipes and Cigars was OK, but nothing special.

Right now I'm working my way through something I bought at Long's, came in a ziploc bag.  Maybe Prince ALbert's cherry vanilla?  Pipe tobacco for the masses, to be sure, but I'm no connoisseur.  Years ago, if not decades, there was a pipe tobacco shop down at Aloha Tower Marketplace.  They'd let you sample their wares before making a decision!  I bought a few ounces each of a couple of flavored variants (I think they're both Cavendish, but it has been a long time!)  I still have some of those sealed in glass jars that I haven't opened in several years.  I wonder if it's still good?  I should see!
The difference between theory and reality is that, in theory, there is no difference between theory and reality.

Q

Re: Vices - Tobacco
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2015, 10:30:50 AM »
.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2021, 05:51:41 PM by Q »