VOTE!! MSNBC POLL: Do you support open carry gun laws? (Read 16262 times)

mauidog

An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it.   -- Jeff Cooper

mauidog

Re: VOTE!! MSNBC POLL: Do you support open carry gun laws?
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2015, 11:27:35 AM »
43K votes total

37K (85%) in favor of open carry in restaurants and stores.

An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it.   -- Jeff Cooper

macsak

Re: VOTE!! MSNBC POLL: Do you support open carry gun laws?
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2015, 11:31:21 AM »
43K votes total

37K (85%) in favor of open carry in restaurants and stores.

watch
liberal media is going to discount the poll results because of voting irregularities

mamalukino

Re: VOTE!! MSNBC POLL: Do you support open carry gun laws?
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2015, 01:32:18 PM »
watch
liberal media is going to discount the poll results because of voting irregularities

If you vote for dogs and dead folk and more than once for yourself and all those you are acquainted with, how can they call that irregular?
Isn't that their regular modus operandi?
Life Member NRA

Sodie

Re: VOTE!! MSNBC POLL: Do you support open carry gun laws?
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2015, 06:15:33 PM »
60k votes now, 87% in favor.

one2boost

Re: VOTE!! MSNBC POLL: Do you support open carry gun laws?
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2015, 07:36:25 PM »
61k votes, 88% in favor

Heavies

Re: VOTE!! MSNBC POLL: Do you support open carry gun laws?
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2015, 09:05:01 PM »
The language of the poll is off! 

'Do you support open carry gun laws in stores?' 

Option #1,  'Yes, it makes me feel safe'....  If open carry is legal where you are, then "laws" would be, assumed by me, to limit such carry....   

Option #2,   'Armed peeps make me nervous'...  obviously, IMO placed to get gun people to vote for question #1. 

#3 is bullshit as your opinion on the matter, matters not to BSNBC.

mauidog

Re: VOTE!! MSNBC POLL: Do you support open carry gun laws?
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2015, 10:46:33 PM »
The language of the poll is off! 

'Do you support open carry gun laws in stores?' 

Option #1,  'Yes, it makes me feel safe'....  If open carry is legal where you are, then "laws" would be, assumed by me, to limit such carry....   

Option #2,   'Armed peeps make me nervous'...  obviously, IMO placed to get gun people to vote for question #1. 

#3 is bullshit as your opinion on the matter, matters not to BSNBC.

I guess in MSNBC's world, you have no right to open carry unless the legislature passes a law granting such a right.  Hence, "open carry gun laws".
An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it.   -- Jeff Cooper

matt0137

Re: VOTE!! MSNBC POLL: Do you support open carry gun laws?
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2015, 06:09:22 AM »
Up to 67k votes, 88% in favor

Rocky

Re: VOTE!! MSNBC POLL: Do you support open carry gun laws?
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2015, 02:51:08 PM »
77 K VOTES, 89%  FAVOR

“I ask you to judge me by the enemies I have made.”
                                                           Franklin D. Roosevelt

mauiboi9

Re: VOTE!! MSNBC POLL: Do you support open carry gun laws?
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2015, 03:44:52 PM »
78k votes and 89% in favor
Im a recoil junkie

eyeeatingfish

Re: VOTE!! MSNBC POLL: Do you support open carry gun laws?
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2015, 10:00:45 PM »
Limited options. What if I support concealed carry but not open carry?

mauidog

Re: VOTE!! MSNBC POLL: Do you support open carry gun laws?
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2015, 10:08:48 PM »
Limited options. What if I support concealed carry but not open carry?

Then you should be able to make the choice that you're comfortable with.

It's a question of having the choice to exercise either one or both without a politician, police official or you deciding those things for everyone else.

It's called liberty.
An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it.   -- Jeff Cooper

eyeeatingfish

Re: VOTE!! MSNBC POLL: Do you support open carry gun laws?
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2015, 12:09:25 PM »
Then you should be able to make the choice that you're comfortable with.

It's a question of having the choice to exercise either one or both without a politician, police official or you deciding those things for everyone else.

It's called liberty.

I merely meant that it is a poorly designed poll.

mauidog

Re: VOTE!! MSNBC POLL: Do you support open carry gun laws?
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2015, 12:56:15 PM »
I merely meant that it is a poorly designed poll.

Not really.  They are only interested in peoples' views on open carry. 

The responses are confusing and poorly worded anyway, but they at least focused on the topic. 

Adding a concealed carry option would have been even more confusing, as it has no bearing on open carry laws.
An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it.   -- Jeff Cooper

suka

Re: VOTE!! MSNBC POLL: Do you support open carry gun laws?
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2015, 05:42:40 PM »
I open carry everyday to everywhere.

NOBODY CARES or FREAKS OUT in this part of the woods

robtmc

Re: VOTE!! MSNBC POLL: Do you support open carry gun laws?
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2015, 07:48:06 PM »
Limited options. What if I support concealed carry but not open carry?
Why should it matter? 

It is a right to exercise as a citizen sees fit, not a politician. 

There are certainly tactical and personal choice aspects to it, but that should  not be up to lawyers and politicians to decide.

mauidog

Re: VOTE!! MSNBC POLL: Do you support open carry gun laws?
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2015, 09:49:52 PM »
Why should it matter? 

It is a right to exercise as a citizen sees fit, not a politician. 

There are certainly tactical and personal choice aspects to it, but that should  not be up to lawyers and politicians to decide.

I wish I'd said that!   >:D
An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it.   -- Jeff Cooper

eyeeatingfish

Re: VOTE!! MSNBC POLL: Do you support open carry gun laws?
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2015, 11:33:21 AM »
Why should it matter? 

It is a right to exercise as a citizen sees fit, not a politician. 

There are certainly tactical and personal choice aspects to it, but that should  not be up to lawyers and politicians to decide.

For starters it could be worded that way specifically to make gun rights activists seem more extreme and fringe. They can point to the poll and say "look, they all want to carry guns where everyone can see" I don't know if thats their motive or not but just saying it might be their line of reasoning.

Personally I do not like open carry, I think it is a poor tactical choice in most situations. I think it is almost always a bigger advantage to have your gun concealed. I also don't think it looks good as a society to have everyone walking around with a pistol on their hip in plain view.

That being said I don't know whether I would favor it being legal or not. Legal CCW I support, legal open carry... not sure.

Heavies

Re: VOTE!! MSNBC POLL: Do you support open carry gun laws?
« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2015, 09:27:55 PM »
For starters it could be worded that way specifically to make gun rights activists seem more extreme and fringe. They can point to the poll and say "look, they all want to carry guns where everyone can see" I don't know if thats their motive or not but just saying it might be their line of reasoning.

Personally I do not like open carry, I think it is a poor tactical choice in most situations. I think it is almost always a bigger advantage to have your gun concealed. I also don't think it looks good as a society to have everyone walking around with a pistol on their hip in plain view.

That being said I don't know whether I would favor it being legal or not. Legal CCW I support, legal open carry... not sure.

Why does it "not look good as a society" to open carry.  Police open carry when in uniform, Armored car guards open carry, other states open carry, no one bats an eye and people are comfortable and secure about it.

It is the bull**it of anti gunners, too many movies, and the fearful politicians that puts a stigma on the whole thing.  Open or not.   

It is all about the power, and an armed populous is hard to put under heel.      I think, IMHO,  society has become progressively worse from the day municipalities outlawed open carry.