Acreage Bullet Trap (Read 2880 times)

Inspector

Acreage Bullet Trap
« on: November 02, 2015, 05:01:59 AM »
Anyone have any experience with this product? This could be the answer I have been looking to shoot on my property.

http://www.acreagebulletcatch.com/

Thanks!!!!
SCIENCE THAT CAN’T BE QUESTIONED IS PROPAGANDA!!!

aieahound

Re: Acreage Bullet Trap
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2015, 08:59:21 AM »
dogman and Fabtek,

You guys seeing this ?

Neat find Inspector.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2015, 09:05:08 AM by aieahound »

Inspector

Re: Acreage Bullet Trap
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2015, 10:04:16 AM »
I also like the fact that it seems portable enough that I can just dump it in the back of my truck. I won't say what I will do with it once it is back there but I am sure your imaginations can take it the rest of the way into the middle of nowhere. Don't want to implicate myself as doing anything illegal.......
« Last Edit: November 02, 2015, 10:12:49 AM by Inspector »
SCIENCE THAT CAN’T BE QUESTIONED IS PROPAGANDA!!!

Inspector

Re: Acreage Bullet Trap
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2015, 10:12:25 AM »
I forgot to mention what is most interesting is the fact one could shoot CB .22 ammo in one's garage and not worry too much about the noise or penetration outside your walls if one should miss outside the frame. I know of at least two LGS that sell CB ammo.

For those not familiar with CB .22's: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.22_CB
SCIENCE THAT CAN’T BE QUESTIONED IS PROPAGANDA!!!

Fabtek94

Re: Acreage Bullet Trap
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2015, 01:28:38 PM »
dogman and Fabtek,

You guys seeing this ?

Neat find Inspector.

That would be fairly easy to duplicate :thumbsup:
My worry would be the cost for the large AR plate for the backstop.
Being that its will be for pistols only, you could get away with just 3/8 thick AR 400 or 500 plate.
Unfortunately, I have no resource for that large of a plate, but I believe dogman may be a great source. :shaka:

If you want me to give you an estimate let me know :shaka:

Tom_G

Re: Acreage Bullet Trap
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2015, 01:38:12 PM »
I forgot to mention what is most interesting is the fact one could shoot CB .22 ammo in one's garage and not worry too much about the noise or penetration outside your walls if one should miss outside the frame. I know of at least two LGS that sell CB ammo.

For those not familiar with CB .22's: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.22_CB

That's massive overkill for CB ammo.  I shoot CB, and the even-quieter Super Colibri, out of my Henry rifle in my house, using phone books for a backstop.  With the Super Colibri, the gun is quieter than a spring-driven pellet gun.  The "THWACK" of the bullet hitting the backdrop is pretty loud, though!
The difference between theory and reality is that, in theory, there is no difference between theory and reality.