Where to buy Garand Ammo (Read 2646 times)

Wake27

Where to buy Garand Ammo
« on: November 28, 2015, 10:17:01 AM »
Does anyone know of a place that regularly stocks M1 Garand ammo? I'm talking about the AE or PPU specific stuff, not just general 30-06. I haven't seen any in OGC and it's been a while since I went to Security Equipment Corp but I didn't see any there last time and didn't get an answer on the phone just now. I know CMP used to ship here for pretty cheap but I believe that's no longer true.

Gordyf

Re: Where to buy Garand Ammo
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2015, 10:21:56 AM »
Young guns used to have it, but it was pricey. I did buy one box a while ago
I think theirs' was Hornady, about $30 a box.
I reload for mine. If you have that capability it is the way to go. The Hornady book has a Garand specific recipe and the hard primers are available locally.
Gordy
Aloha
Gordy

Prime Sports

Re: Where to buy Garand Ammo
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2015, 11:47:09 AM »
Does anyone know of a place that regularly stocks M1 Garand ammo? I'm talking about the AE or PPU specific stuff, not just general 30-06. I haven't seen any in OGC and it's been a while since I went to Security Equipment Corp but I didn't see any there last time and didn't get an answer on the phone just now. I know CMP used to ship here for pretty cheap but I believe that's no longer true.

If you need PPU give me a cal.  I can order those for you on my next ammo order.

Lihikai

Re: Where to buy Garand Ammo
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2015, 09:26:30 PM »

zippz

Re: Where to buy Garand Ammo
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2015, 09:17:28 AM »
If you don't reload, you can use an adjustable gas plug: http://www.midwayusa.com/product/777146/schuster-dcm-adjustable-gas-plug-with-wrench-m1-garand-steel-parkerized

+1 on the gas plug.  Allows you to use any type of 30-06 round by adjusting how much pressure is used to cycle the action.