Best way to sell a JPX jet protector? (Read 3813 times)

monster796

Best way to sell a JPX jet protector?
« on: December 13, 2015, 12:30:01 PM »
Hello all,


So I moved to the free state of Arizona not too long ago and no longer have a need for my JPX Jet protector. I would sell it on Craigslist here but probably will not sell. Any recommendations on best way to sell? Thanks!

dustoff003

Re: Best way to sell a JPX jet protector?
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2015, 12:50:47 PM »
I'll save the rest of you all an Internet search, Piexon Black JPX Jet Protector with Laser https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00IJZD406/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awd_nyFBwb39SCEHV

WTF?Shane

Re: Best way to sell a JPX jet protector?
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2015, 08:09:27 PM »
Sell it cheap.

RSN172

Re: Best way to sell a JPX jet protector?
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2015, 02:39:19 PM »
Does anyone know if the JPX is legal and/or classified as a firearm in Hawaii?
Happily living in Puna

suka

Re: Best way to sell a JPX jet protector?
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2015, 05:58:15 PM »
Nothing for personal protection is Legal in Hawaii, even calling 911 in your car.

RSN172

Re: Best way to sell a JPX jet protector?
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2015, 06:44:15 PM »
Nothing for personal protection is Legal in Hawaii, even calling 911 in your car.

That's funny, but sadly true.
Happily living in Puna

monster796

Re: Best way to sell a JPX jet protector?
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2015, 12:31:51 PM »
I spoke to an HPD Sargent a few years ago, I had him on tape saying it was not illegal but if taken out, and displayed. (I.e. Being a jackass with it) it could fall under a law which makes it a crime to display something that looks like a weapon. I don't think I have the recording anymore but, the Manual says the ATF does not classify it as a firearm. I live in Arizona now, so I pack my pistols.

eyeeatingfish

Re: Best way to sell a JPX jet protector?
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2015, 11:12:06 PM »
This is just pepper spray in the form of a pistol right? This is legal, pepper spray is allowed.

Obviously if you sprayed someone intentionally without reason it would be a crime, but just display is not illegal unless it is connected with another crime. Robbery with a firearm or a simulated firearm is still robbery 1st, even if the firearm is fake, so in that case, if you used it to rob someone then you could be charged as if you had used a real gun. Having said that, if you were just showing it to someone, you could still expect someone to think it is a real gun and call the cops.

And yes, you can use your phone to call 911 while driving the car. It is one of the few exemptions.

monster796

Re: Best way to sell a JPX jet protector?
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2015, 07:07:26 AM »
This is just pepper spray in the form of a pistol right? This is legal, pepper spray is allowed.

Obviously if you sprayed someone intentionally without reason it would be a crime, but just display is not illegal unless it is connected with another crime. Robbery with a firearm or a simulated firearm is still robbery 1st, even if the firearm is fake, so in that case, if you used it to rob someone then you could be charged as if you had used a real gun. Having said that, if you were just showing it to someone, you could still expect someone to think it is a real gun and call the cops.

And yes, you can use your phone to call 911 while driving the car. It is one of the few exemptions.

Not exactly. It uses enclosed "9mm blanks" to propel the OC spray over 400mph.

A woman attacked a police officer years back, the cop used his JPX closer than the recommended 10-15 feet and it destroyed her eyeballs. She then tried to sue the police department when in fact she attacked the cop.
I looked up the laws years back, it is a grey area thing. That's why I recorded the sargent HPD recommended was the "guy to ask" so if I had to use it in self defense, the chance of me getting rapped by the state was much lower...