Ed's Red (Read 1845 times)

ren

Ed's Red
« on: December 14, 2015, 06:50:03 AM »
http://www.frfrogspad.com/homemade.htm
better and cheaper than anything you can buy....

On a related note about lube, I found that PB blaster is cheaper and better than Kroil.
There are numerous articles that break down the properties of Kroil.
Deeds Not Words

suka

Re: Ed's Red
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2015, 08:35:14 AM »
already use it in a parts washer

Heavies

Re: Ed's Red
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2015, 09:24:42 AM »
Woah, that looks like some toxic stuff.  Must work good!


I have been finding Ballistol works just as good as anything I have ever used.  And in a pinch you can also use it to fry your bacon...  I have also been using Frog lube on all my new acquisitions, so far it works as advertised, no problems of gumming up, I use the "sparingly" method of application.

Both Non toxic.

suka

Re: Ed's Red
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2015, 09:45:55 AM »
I leave out the acetone and just sink the whole gun in the solution. The acetone is the only ingredient that eats up plastic.

Machine guns build up with gunk fast.

Heavies

Re: Ed's Red
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2015, 09:48:21 AM »
I have never run more than a couple hundred rounds without cleaning....