Top Ten Skills Everyone Should Have (Read 5235 times)

841gun

Top Ten Skills Everyone Should Have
« on: February 18, 2016, 07:10:52 PM »
This was a conversation that started at work so I made a video on what I thought.  What are some skill you guys think are necessary to be a human on this planet.




« Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 02:12:32 AM by 841gun »

Lihikai

Re: Top Ten Skills Everyone Should Have
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2016, 07:19:44 PM »
Link no worky.

841gun

Re: Top Ten Skills Everyone Should Have
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2016, 07:22:32 PM »
omg one second youtube is trying to save the thumbnail picture

And now it looks like I'm stoned lol great
« Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 07:47:56 PM by 841gun »

Jl808

Top Ten Skills Everyone Should Have
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2016, 10:01:12 PM »
Top 10 important skills?

1. To really listen to someone else
2. To read and write
3. To drive a car
4. To fight hand-to-hand
5. To operate a gun
6. To cook
7. To make money
8. To manage finances
9. To teach others
10. To speak clearly and effectively

I might change my mind later.
I think, therefore I am armed.
NRA Life Patron member, HRA Life member, HiFiCo Life Member, HDF member

The United States Constitution © 1791. All Rights Reserved.

841gun

Re: Top Ten Skills Everyone Should Have
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2016, 11:03:12 PM »
Sweet top 10! Anyone else?

oldfart

Re: Top Ten Skills Everyone Should Have
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2016, 07:16:44 AM »
Almost like JL808's list

1. To really listen to someone else
2. To read and write
3. To drive a car
4. To wash clothes and clean house
5. To operate a gun
6. To clean and cook a bird, fish, or any animal
7. To make money
8. To manage finances
9. To teach others
10. To speak clearly and effectively
What, Me Worry?

841gun

Re: Top Ten Skills Everyone Should Have
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2016, 01:08:39 AM »
Man oldfart

I can't even clean myself how I going clean one bird. Lol

oldfart

Re: Top Ten Skills Everyone Should Have
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2016, 05:21:17 AM »
Man oldfart

I can't even clean myself how I going clean one bird. Lol
...
Easy peasy
Youtube is your friend
I feed doves at my house. It's like emergency food delivery.
What, Me Worry?

841gun

Re: Top Ten Skills Everyone Should Have
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2016, 01:51:47 AM »
wholly crap thats the greatest thing ive ever heard, will do!

230RN

  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1529
  • Total likes: 71
  • But they're [u]supposed[/u] to be military-style!
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Top Ten Skills Everyone Should Have
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2016, 12:39:28 AM »
I seem to always have trouble with lists of this kind since I always seem to miss some of the "requirements."

I poked around a little and found this reference to Robert A. Heinlein's famous list of "things a man should be able to do":

Quote
A little searching reveals that plenty of similar lists exist for men as well. One of the most famous comes from Robert Heinlein’s 1973 science-fiction novel, Time Enough for Love. The protagonist Lazarus Long opines that a man ought to be able “to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.” “Specialization,” Long concludes, “is for insects.”

See: http://www.rolereboot.org/culture-and-politics/details/2012-04-ten-things-every-man-should-know-or-do-by-30

Well, as tongue in cheek Heinlein might have been, the business of conning a ship kind of threw me. 

I could maybe row a boat in a straight line, but I doubt I could ever qualify for a Master's license and conn "any vessel in any waters."

Anyhow, they're right in terms of humans being list makers, but I take any list I see with a grain of salt.

My high suspicion is that anyone who puts together a list like that includes only the things he himself can do.  Faced with anyone else's list, chances are he would be demoralized.

Specialization is for insects.

Terry, 230RN
I do believe that the radical and crazy notion that the Founders meant what they said, is gradually soaking through the judicial system.

841gun

Re: Top Ten Skills Everyone Should Have
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2016, 02:13:40 AM »
omg sorry about the redo on the video i deleted off my account daaaaaaamn