Where on oahu can i purchase a metal gong???? (Read 4010 times)

Joeblow808

Where on oahu can i purchase a metal gong????
« on: February 23, 2016, 11:31:01 PM »
Anybody know anyone that produces/sells metal gongs?
I really don't wanna purchase online. I'd rather buy local.

Lmk guys mahalo  :shaka:

Heavies

Re: Where on oahu can i purchase a metal gong????
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2016, 11:57:21 PM »
What cartridge were you going to shoot it with?  I have a slightly used for sale.   $60.  It has an 8" swinging ar500 plate and steel legs that fit into the kokohead rifle pipes.  If you are interested.

Let me know. I can send you pics.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2016, 12:03:25 AM by Heavies »

macsak

Re: Where on oahu can i purchase a metal gong????
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2016, 05:44:32 AM »

Anybody know anyone that produces/sells metal gongs?
I really don't wanna purchase online. I'd rather buy local.

Lmk guys mahalo  :shaka:

Search for fabtek94 or fabtek engineering
On this forum
He makes a great system

stangzilla

Re: Where on oahu can i purchase a metal gong????
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2016, 06:56:46 AM »
welcome to the forum, Joeblow.  :shaka:

Joeblow808

Re: Where on oahu can i purchase a metal gong????
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2016, 10:46:19 AM »
Thanks guys for the info. Its a 7.62x39. Whats the thickness of the plate?

Heavies

Re: Where on oahu can i purchase a metal gong????
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2016, 02:00:55 PM »
It's a 3/8" plate.  7.62 should not be a problem at 100 yards.  I've hit it with .223, 5.56, .308, .30-06 with no issues.  The only thing that divits the plate was the .223/ 5.56 which is normal due to the high velocity of the round.

z06psi

Re: Where on oahu can i purchase a metal gong????
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2016, 08:06:04 PM »
I also just want a plate.  The Fabtek wants to sell the entire system.  That's fine but I just want the plate.